Drabble - 9. Song of Shuhua

ONESHOT IDLE

(small sequel to drabble 4 )

Shuhua's song was approved, to which Soyeon immediately informed the girl and warned her to distribute the lyrics to a specific member tomorrow. After all, the day after tomorrow they will begin recording the album.

“Tomorrow I want to tell everyone else about her, Shuhua. But if you want to..."

"I'll tell them tomorrow, unnie, with your help."

Shuhua was more nervous than taking her exams at school. For the first time, everyone else will read her text written specifically for one of them. Shuhua was worried that this girl might not understand who she was talking about. She was afraid that their long-standing friendship would simply disappear, and that she would shun her.

Soyeon assured maknae:

Knowing her, she would never guess. In order for her to understand, she needs to speak directly. Don't worry, baby, take a deep breath, exhale, calm down.

Today will be the day that Shuhua will listen to the members adjust to her for the first time, trying to perform the way she wants to hear her song.

But first, Shuhua will talk about the song "Crystal Fire" and how he imagines it.

***

Minnie, who was sitting in the massage chair, yawned lazily, putting aside the phone on which Neverland had just answered. Her eyes closed by themselves, but she was not allowed to sleep until the leader Soyeon told her to talk about the next album.

Minnie was used to it, like the rest of the members, when Soyeon suddenly called them in the middle of the night or early in the morning, informing them of a new idea.

Lifting her eyes from her feet, Minnie looked around at Miyeon , who was curled up in a fetal position on the couch, sleeping soundly. Miyeon asked me to wake her up when Soyeon showed up. Miyeon just got back from her schedule, she just needed some rest.

At least until the leader arrives.

Minnie promised to wake her up.

Her gaze then turned to Yuqi, who was now laughing at something while looking at her phone. The only thing missing was Shuhua. Their maknae didn't answer calls or texts, no matter how many times Minnie called her, she got nothing in return.

True, she had a suspicion that Soyeon knew something about their “wolf cub”, because the girls had been spending time together lately.

Slyly narrowing her eyes, Minnie decided to check her guess, decided to ask the leader after hearing the doors to their dorms open and Soyeon enters.

- Soyeon, do you know where Shuhua is now?

- Shu, she should come now - the girl immediately answered, changing her shoes into slippers, standing in the hallway.

Her facial expression was mysterious, the kind the members usually saw when their leader came up with something for their return.

Shu must have been her inspiration again , Minnie thought as she looked at each other with a curious look from Yuqi, who put down her phone and listened to their dialogue.

- How did you get through to her? – came from her question with a trick.

- We were in the same company, - Soyeon answered candidly again, going to the kitchen to get food (without vegetables), a snack before an important opening (from Shuhua).

- Yeah, I knew it! You came up with a new concept for us to come back! - Yuqi screamed, smiling contentedly at her guess as she jumped up from the couch and ran towards Soyeon.

- I will not convince you - the leader simply answered, stringing food on a fork, putting it in and chewing it thoroughly. - Think what you want. - Walking out with a plate of food into the hall, meeting Shuhua as she entered, their eyes locked, Soyeon conveyed her confidence as best she could.

Shuhua nodded her thanks as she loudly greeted the members, she wanted to have a casual conversation, but Yuqi decided to attack her to find out the whole truth.

In the end, not able to resist Yuqi for a long time (only Yuqi herself did not notice), Shuhua asked everyone to gather for "I want to tell you something."

Shuhua hesitated in front of them, wringing her hands, biting her lips, sighing, then:

- Oh, damn it! - with a cry she left the living room, rushed to the bag that she had left at the entrance, rummaged there, pulled out folded 4 sheets, returned back, handing them to the members: - Here, hold it!

Miyeon leveled the sheet with curiosity while reading the song lyrics, raised her eyes in surprise at the silent Shuhua.

- What is this?

- What does it look like? Shuhua folded her arms across her chest, defiantly stomping her foot.

- To the text of the new song - Minnie answered, reading each rhyme in a half-whisper. - This is your Shuhua handwriting. So - Minnie looked up, her voice rose an octave in admiration, finished her thought - you wrote a song, Shu?

- Did you really write the song, Shu? - Yuqi asked in disbelief, reading the text aloud, delving into the words themselves. “So beautiful, Shu, my heart shrinks in my chest at these words.

- It's not finished yet, just a sketch, - Shuhua whispered shyly, glancing at Soyeon, looking for the confidence she suddenly lost. – Soyeon-unnie wrote a melody for me, it’s really not quite what I want, but it’s already close to it.

- Shuhua, I'm so proud of you! Your song will definitely be a hit! But before this song hits the Top 10, why doesn't it say who you give what part to? - Miyeon said for everyone , approaching her younger friend and hugging her, kissing her on the cheek.

- Because I do not know. Choose for yourself if you want - Shuhua shrugged, basking in Miyeon's arms . - It's just that what is highlighted in red is my lines.

- Why don’t you try what I do when I distribute lines of lyrics for you, - Soyeon suggested, her brain still working to create the melody that sounds in the maknae’s head.

- Or we can just sing the whole song, how we feel, and then you decide whether you like it or not, - Minnie introduced her idea, Yuqi immediately agreed, and Miyeon clapped her hands .

- That is, you suggest that I record you all in their entirety, and then use this to decide which part of the song suits you and how I want to hear it in general - a little confusing, but apparently Shuhua's question reached the girls' ears, because they nodded at her at the same time. - Okay, why not try that.

- Since we have decided, what is the name of your song, what is it about and when will we start recording?- is a practical question from Yuqi.

- Recording the song on the album the day after tomorrow, because the deadlines are running out - Soyeon/Shuhua said at the same time, laughed, gave each other "five", after Shuhua continued, returning again to the shy girl (you rarely see her like that, so the older members regretted that they could not shoot moment like this):

- Crystal fire. She can be described as the word " tsundere " - choosing words to express feelings, Shuhua did not notice that her voice began to give softness and dreaminess. - Yes, that’s the best word to use. - The smile she showed to the members seemed sad to everyone, as did Shuhua’s gaze on only one girl, who, unfortunately, was looking at her phone at that moment. The others didn't miss her sad smile, they could only sigh and sympathize with the maknae.

- Did you write this song thinking about Soojin-unni? - Yuqi looked up, catching the impenetrable gaze from Shuhua, and smiled at her. - You miss her, don't you?

Silence followed from Shuhua's side, but Minnie, who was sitting next to Yuqi, could not help herself and lightly kicked her side, shaking her head. Instead of Shuhua, Soyeon responded:

- The word " tsundere " can refer to anyone, not just Soojin. In addition, I saw another explanation for the title of the song.

- Is there another explanation for "Crystal Fire"? - Miyeon perked up, still hugging Shuhua tightly.

- Yes, there is, at least for me. When I read the text, and then began to compose a melody for it, it was as if two meanings were highlighted in front of me. Fire is love, ice is inaccessible.

- Yes, you are right, unnie, - Shuhua said softly. - Very subtle. Although each of you may have your own definitions. What I felt while writing will remain a mystery. No matter how you pry, I won’t say, - leaving the arms of the older unnie, Shuhua took steps towards Minnie, who immediately opened her arms, giving her comfort.

To be honest, Shuhua simply didn’t have the patience to watch Yuqi’s inattention (the girl was constantly chatting with someone on the phone).

- Anyway, I’m tired now, so I’ll go home now, - Shuhua said, expecting someone to ask her to stay, but everyone asked, except for the one from whom she wanted to hear it. - Alright, I'm off. See you tomorrow for the recording! she shouted, keeping calm in her tone of voice (“ You can’t show your wounds, let them be visible only to me alone” ).

- Bye, - not looking at Shuhua’s departure, Yuqi indifferently said goodbye to her.

- Take care, Shu. Be sure to write to us as soon as you get home! And don't talk to strangers on the street! - the senior members said goodbye to the interruption and set the path on the way, there was concern in their voice and unwillingness to let go of one girl. - See you tomorrow, bye Shu! We love you!

**

Your indifference is killing my heart, Yuqi. I don't know how much longer I will live with this pain? Maybe the song that has sounded in me for all these years will become my joy?