Feelings -2/Don't lie to yourself (ShuQi)

ONESHOT IDLE

Don't rush, because you don't know how the rush can end. And never lie to yourself.
Shuhua repeated this to Yuqi countless times. Their friendship was on a whole different level, they could tease each other many times, sometimes the jokes could be rude and hurt their pride, but by the end of the day, they made up and laughed hilariously at unni's jokes.
Shuhua knew Yuqi like the back of her hand.
Yuqi knew Shuhua better than anyone, and always bragged about it to the members or fans.
Their friendship was unshakable.
Yuqi thought so.
Shuhua, on the other hand, achieved a very different result from her close friendship with Yuqi. She secretly hoped that eventually Yuqi would notice her feelings and reciprocate.
But no progress has been seen so far.
Generally.
Yuqi did not see the obvious things.
That request for a kiss did not give any result, Yuqi simply forgot about him, which hurt Shuhua's feelings. The day Shuhua understood, she cried in Minnie's room.
“Don't worry, Shuhua,” Minnie said, her back gently, “we still have a chance to get through to Yuqi.
“Everything you suggested to me didn’t work. What else can you think of? the frustrated maknae asked, accepting love and care from Minnie.
“I didn’t want to suggest this to you, but apparently you can’t do without it. We need to see if Yuqi is lying to herself or really doesn't understand the situation.
"How can we do it?" Shuhua asked with hope in her voice, gradually calming down.
“You need to use jealousy against her. You know how jealous our Yuqi is, jealous for any reason.
“But usually she is jealous of Soyeon-unni or you, she mostly jokes or teases with me.
“It’s time to show off your acting, Shuhua. I'll ask Miyeon for help, she'll gladly agree, already in her mind planning the scenario, Minnie assured her, hugging the girl tightly to her. “Now, we need sleep so that tomorrow you look rested.”

Shuhua believed Minnie, she knew that the older girl was on her side, she could always get advice and talk about the most delicate issue. She was the one Shuhua went to when she realized that she had fallen in love with her best friend Yuqi. True, at that time, she did not have to overcome herself and talk about her feelings, as soon as she crossed the threshold of the room, Minnie looked at her and opened her arms, saying:
“I will help you in any way I can. Yuqi will definitely hear your emotions."
The request for a kiss, after the kiss itself, everything went according to a well-thought-out plan, Shuhua was incredibly happy, but the happiness lasted only one day, because the next day, Yuqi acted as if nothing had happened.
It's like the kiss never happened.
They began to develop a new plan, where the main characters were Miyeon and Shuhua.
Everyone knew for certain that Miyeon had a soft spot for Shuhua, so there was no need to even pretend.
It remains only to observe the reaction of Yuqi and hint at the right time. 
“Don’t worry, I know what to say to her,” Minnie encouraged the doubtful Shuhua.

*
Yuqi woke up early in the morning, which had never happened to her on a day off (unless, of course, the work schedule). She just opened her eyes and that’s it, she didn’t want to sleep, she didn’t feel like lying around either, so she decided to get up. Time showed without 10 minutes 9 th. Stretching, yawning widely, put on her slippers and left the room. It was still too early, she was sure that she would not meet any of the girls, but she was mistaken. A sleepy Shuhua walked towards her, in her usual home clothes - a black T-shirt for graduation. Her black hair is messy, but her face is still flawless, albeit a little puffy.
Now, at this moment, for Yuqi, there was no one more beautiful than her, her best friend Shuhua.
Her eyes scanned, settled on her lips, the luscious lips she had kissed a couple of weeks ago.
No. You promised yourself, Yuqi. Stop it!
“Oh, Yuqi, kindness,” she waved her hand sleepily in greeting to Shuhua, with the same hand she lifted her T-shirt and scratched her stomach, causing Yuqi to flush, but not noticing the reaction, as she was still half asleep.
But if Shuhua did not notice, then Minnie, leaving her room, saw and chuckled to herself:
It will be easier than we thought - quietly closing the doors behind you.
“Why are you up so early, Yuqi?” Shuhua asked as she walked past (very close, their shoulders touched) her friend, going her own way.
"Can't sleep. You?" She followed, her gaze still did not want to take her eyes off Shuhua’s back, or rather from her left shoulder (Shuhua straightened her T-shirt, leaving her shoulder open).
"My throat is dry, but I think now I'll drink water and I won't feel like sleeping anymore. May I come to you? Let's play, do you mind?"
"No, come on."
*
“Yuqi, are you sure you can handle being alone with Shuhua?”
Stupid question, you know the answer yourself.
"Let's just try."
Yes, I just need to avoid physical contact.
"Simply and easily."
Yes, I can handle it.
*
In the room before Shuhua arrived, Yuqi had prepared everything so that there was enough space for the two of them.
But... when Shuhua arrived, her brows slightly furrowed, she said:
“I don’t like being away from you.” Yuqi nearly had a heart attack at those words, but Shuhua’s next words brought her back from heaven: “I don’t want to lose to you. This time, I will definitely beat you. And as the winner, you will fulfill one of my requests, without refusal.
"What if I win?" After clearing , sitting comfortably in her chair, trying not to notice how Shuhua pressed against her, Yuqi asked.
“I will fulfill your request,” Shuhua shrugged her shoulders, then resolutely: “Let’s start!”

"Ha-ha-ha, I won! I won!" Shuhua shouted as she danced in Yuqi's room, pointing her fingers at her. “Now, you must fulfill my one wish, Yuqi!” she ordered, flying up to her unbelieving friend (Yuqi was still looking at the screen where it was written: You lost), hanging on her neck. “You can’t refuse, Yuqi.” She smacked her cheek, then pulled away and ran out of the room, shouting as she went, “I’ll talk about her later!”.

**

Don't look at me like that, I didn't lose.
"Yes, yes, of course, if you didn’t look at Shuhua all the time, but followed what was happening in the game, you would have won. Or...you wanted to fulfill her request. You think Shuhua will ask for a kiss again."
No! I don't think of anything like that. No!
"Hmm, I think yes."
**
“Yuqi, I want you to go on a date with me today! I want to go to a theme park! I asked Soyeon. she agreed. Get dressed, I'm waiting for you!"
**
What is it, why are you upset?
Nothing. And in general, stop climbing into my head, conscience. I need to get ready for a date.
Date, hmm?
Friendly date!" Yuqi clarified to herself, combing her hair in front of the mirror, taking out only bought lipstick from her cosmetic bag, putting on new sneakers that she received in a parcel last night.
*
Shuhua was already waiting for her in the living room, looking at her wristwatch, talking to Miyeon, who was hugging her from behind, looking at maknae with all the tenderness in her eyes.
An ordinary picture, but incomprehensible emotions sharpened claws in Yuqi's soul.
“Shuhua", she wanted her friend’s full attention on her, which she achieved when Shuhua, along with Miyeon, looked at her.
Shuhua is happy, unnie is dissatisfied.
“I want to go with you too, Shuhua. Please."
“Wait another hour for you, unnie,” Shuhua denied the request.
"I promise I won't be late, I'll be quick."
“You should have spoken beforehand, Miyeon-unnie,” Yuqi intervened, tugging on Shuhua’s wrist, abruptly releasing her from Miyeon’s embrace. "Sorry, but we're in a hurry."
“But I didn’t know that you were going to a theme park,” the girl was offended, clinging to Shuhua again, which caused Yuqi’s inner indignation, but outwardly, the girl only frowned. “Shuhua, how can you?
“This is my spontaneous decision, unnie. We will go together sometime later, but now I have a date with Yuqi. Bye," waving her hair, dragging Yuqi behind her, fluttered out the door of the hostel, shouting loudly to the rest of her friends: "We left!"
*

“Well done, Miyeon,” Minnie clapped her hands as she left her room after making sure Miyeon was left alone in the hall.
“I didn’t even have to try, did you see Yuqi’s face?” Miyeon giggled conspiratorially as she hurried over to the window to look outside. “I think it will be easy for our little one to win Yuqi’s heart.
"Of the same opinion."
"We won't follow?" Descending from the second floor, Soyeon asked, fully dressed for the exit. "We need to make sure their date is 200% successful."
“No, we won’t,” Minnie showed her arms crossed in “no” in the air, she even took a step towards the door to block the leader’s path. "Let's leave them alone this time."
“You’re also curious, don’t deny it, Minnie,” the girls pointed at her.
“Interesting, but… no. We'd better ask Shuhua for everything later. She will tell us everything with precision."
“Well, okay, I thought that I could tease Yuqi later,” Soyeon grumbled to herself as she walked into the kitchen.
“We're going to anyway, leader. I even prepared a couple of tricky questions as soon as they got back from their date.
“You wanted to say “friendly” date,” Miyeon parodied Yuqi voice, but she didn’t succeed, everyone burst into cheerful laughter.
*
Their friendly date was fun, relaxed and natural, and how could it be otherwise, because they are best friends, understand each other perfectly and know what the girl wants or does not like.
Everything would be 200% perfect, if not for one small “but”.
Yuqi had to keep Shuhua in front of him, behind him or next to him all the time.
The reason is jealousy.
Why?
All the guys on that day decided to get acquainted with Shuhua or invite her on a date (only Yuqi had to leave for a while, buy food or go to the ladies' room).
Whenever Yuqi returned, a crowd of guys hung around Shuhua, smiled sweetly, flirted with her.
Her friend was especially beautiful today. The highlight was her black hair, plus the girl lost weight for the comeback, and you don't forget that she is beautiful in her own right.
Yuqi is not one of the timid, she went straight to the crowd and took Shuhua from under her nose, defiantly showing who this "baby" belongs to.
At the end of the day, Yuqi was tired, she just wanted to retire with Shuhua so that no one would disturb their peace and their communication.
**

"Hey Yuqi, admit it already that you want Shuhua's attention to be yours alone!"
What's wrong with that? We're on a date. I'm her date, not these guys.
"Hmm, so you're admitting that you're not on a "friendly" date?"
I will not repeat myself.
**
“Yuqi, thank you for spending the day with me,” Shuhua said tiredly, letting her friend guide her along the alley towards the exit of the park. “My wish is almost fulfilled, there is only one thing left…”
**
"Here it is, Yuqi, Shuhua will now say that he wants a kiss."
Don’t be silly, Shuhua won’t say that.
*
- What? I thought I had fulfilled part of the deal,” Yuqi said, losing all her energy, but remaining reliable for her friend, holding her by the waist, escorting her to the exit of the park, where their car was waiting in the parking lot with the manager inside.
“I will say this when we get home, Yuqi,” Shuhua said mysteriously, getting into the car with a sigh of relief and stretching out her legs. — How good! My legs are falling off.
“Tell me now,” Yuqi asked, though not strongly and insisted on her own.
“Shh,” she put her finger to her lips, grinning at her, then closing her eyes.
**
I'm sure when we get home, Shuhua will talk about the "kiss". Hey Yuqi, don't be silent, answer me!
Stop, you give me false hope, conscience. We'll find out when Shuhua says, but now, shut up.
*
Yuqi found out much sooner than she thought.
Shuhua told her in plain text (the girl did not like to stand on ceremony, she always spoke as it was) when they were walking to the elevator (Yuqi is in front, she is a little to the side):
- I like you and I want to date you as a "couple".
**
Wow, I definitely didn't expect that!
Shut up!
Shuhua is in love with me? It's not a joke? No, Shuhua never jokes about such topics. But…
Shut up!
... I don’t love her so much ... She shouldn’t have said ...
Shut up! Shut up, don't go on, please!
*
The elevator doors open, Shuhua goes inside, and without waiting for a response from her friend, she sighed, asked:
“Yuqi, are you coming?”
“Yes, I’m coming,” Yuqi replied weakly as she stepped into the elevator, looking ahead without participation, detached.
The elevator arrived at their floor.
“I just confessed to you, Yuqi, you don’t need to search for words right away to answer me.
"Yes, I…"
The doors to their dorm open, a silent question written across the members' faces, but the answer comes by itself as Yuqi walks past them and goes straight to his room, and Shuhua only falls into Minnie's waiting comforting arms.
“Minnie, I think I ruined everything."
"Did you confess to her?"
"I hastened to confess. Yuqi is not ready yet."
**

When I need advice, you are silent.
“You yourself know the answer."
No, I do not know.
"Do not lie."
I am not lying! I really don't know what to do!
You're lying to yourself. You knew what was going on.
No! I don't lie! Dont know!
“You are lying, Yuqi. Stop it, better go to her and tell the truth. Be honest with her."
I'm afraid. I'm scared. Maybe not necessary?
You will decide. But be brave now.
I…
Go!

(to be continued...)