Catch me (ShuQi)

ONESHOT IDLE

- I know who can catch me. Yeh Shuhua, it will be you! Yuqi said to a Taiwanese girl walking past their table in the school cafeteria.

- I? - The black-haired girl paused her step, turned around and looked point-blank at the unfamiliar schoolgirl: - But I'm not from your class. And we don't really know each other - she was silent for a bit, and asked: - By the way, what's your name?

- Song Yuqi. Remember my name. I'm your future girlfriend - Yuqi said confidently, poking her chest. Her friends began to tease when it dawned on her that she said, panicked, began to wave her hands: - I mean, become your best friend, not girlfriend!

Shuhua shrugged her shoulders, looked away, and walked on when she heard a loud deep voice from behind:

- Shuhua, catch me! Yuqi jumped in a run and Shuhua turned around in time to catch her.

Yuqi's legs wrapped around Shuhua's waist, and her arms wrapped around her neck, her face close to hers.

Shuhua blushed.

So close. She smells so good.

Yuqi let her feet down with a laugh, stepped away from her, then pointed at Shuhua and announced:

- I found my sports partner. She, Shuhua, will be her.

Shuhua was only amazed at such impudence, with an impenetrable expression on her face, turned around and began to walk. Again, she was stopped by a voice and fingers that wrapped around her wrist.

- Shuhua, where are you going? - Yuqi asked excitedly, once again standing next to her. Very close.

- I have to go. I'm busy - she simply replied, walking around the girl with beautiful dark brown eyes (this was the first thing Shu noticed). - What are you doing? she asked Yuqi after a while, who was following (like a puppy) behind her, making Shuhua blush at the attention from the school duo meeting them.

- Shu, I want to be friends with you, - Yuqi whined, hugging Shuhua by the shoulders without permission, snuggling closer. - We are the only foreign students here. Let's be friends, Yuqi said enthusiastically, gesticulating with her unoccupied hand.

They walked like this, Shuhua remained silent, Yuqi ranted about how cool it would be if they became friends. What a great friend she is, how fun it will be with her, and so on.

Shuhua was overjoyed when her class came into view. Yuqi's class was in a different part of the school since the girl was a year older than herself.

- Here I am, - Shuhua said, removing Yuqi's hand from her shoulders, walking into her classroom without turning around to say goodbye.

- Oh, okay, - Yuqi said to herself as she watched her new friend walk down the aisle, sit down by the window, prop her head up with her hand, and look out into the street.

Yuqi froze in awe, admiring the girl's natural beauty.

The bell rang, Yuqi jumped up, widening her eyes in shock, looked at her watch, and then rushed to her class as fast as she could. With a happy smile on her face, today she managed to overcome her shyness and meet a translated beauty from Taiwan. Yuqi was 100% sure that their friendship would grow stronger from now on.

**

The class bell rang, Yuqi hurriedly packed everything into her backpack, said goodbye to her classmates, ran out of the classroom and quickly walked towards the exit. She assumed that Shuhua would not be waiting for her in the classroom, which meant that he would be able to intercept her at the school gate.

And so it turned out.

A black-haired, lonely, mysterious girl slowly walked towards the gate, listening to some song in her headphones.

A smile blossomed on Yuqi's lips, drawing air into her lungs, she shouted:

- Yeh Shuhua, catch me!

Shuhua shuddered, turned around, barely had time to open her arms when a laughing girl tightly hugged her and jumped on her.

- Ha ha ha, you got me, Shu! Unconsciously kissing her on the cheek, Yuqi said loudly.

- Pabo, - the word itself slipped softly, but Shuhua quickly corrected herself, clearing , and said in annoyance, - Are you out of your mind, what if I didn’t turn around?

- You caught me, nothing else matters, - Yuqi waved her hand, jumping away from Shuhua, now hugging her around the waist, laying her head on the shoulder of her new friend.

- Let go of me, I have to go, - muttered Shuhua, pushing away from the annoying Yuqi, not quite used to being hugged in public.

Maybe you can’t tell from her, but the girl was very shy, timid and shy.

She could not, like Yuqi, immediately make friends, be the soul of the company, find a common language.

It takes a lot of time to get to know a person better. Only later, when Shuhua got used to it enough to accept a new acquaintance, only then did the girl open up.

She, too, like Yuqi, became loud, sociable, even funny.

But since meeting Song Yuqi, Shuhua only heard about her, there were various rumors, mainly that the new transfer girl from China "did not obey the rules of the dress code or came to school with cheeky makeup."

So it's safe to say that their paths only crossed today, in the school cafeteria.

- Shu...

- Shuhua - the girl insisted, looking at her annoying friend from under her brows.

- Shu - Yuqi did not give up, looking at her with a teasing smile, - what do you usually do after school?

- Different, - Shuhua answered ambiguously, quickening her pace, but Yuqi kept up, bouncing amusingly next to her.

- And what specific? For example, I like to go to karaoke. I have, - Yuqi boasted, her chin proudly raised, pointing her thumb at herself, - a super-cool voice. Do you want to hear me sing. I guarantee you will like it. You will fall in love with me, she laughed.

- No - the answer from Shuhua was categorical.

- I also like to go and play arcade games, - Yuqi continued to say without listening to her. – By the way, you won’t believe it, but I’m perfect in games! Nobody can beat me.

- Uh-huh, of course, - Shuhua muttered, not believing the words of the Chinese woman one iota, looking around, looking for the right store, where she wanted to go before leaving home.

- Also, I found an amazing place, secluded, where there is no one - she looked askance at Shuhua, catching her concentration and referring her thoughtfulness to her words, mentally gave herself "five", continued to speak enthusiastically: - I found it by accident when I was walking Haku. Oh, you have no idea what my puppy can do! By the way, Shu, do you have a dog?

- Mata, - Shuhua answered mechanically, although she didn't want to speak.

- Great! Let's walk the dogs in the park together! - Yuqi decided for the two of them, suddenly clapping her hands, frightening the pigeons peacefully sitting on the warm ground.

- And how do we do it? - The black-haired girl raised an eyebrow skeptically. - We live in different parts of the city, - she added, noticing the right bookstore, she quickened her pace (dragging the clinging Yuqi along with her).

- No, I found out, Shu, we can! My house is a couple blocks from yours.

- Are you following me, Song Yuqi? - abruptly stopped, turned around, frowned, crossed her arms over her chest, began to wait for an explanation.

- No, of course not, I just wondered where the new transfer student who came from Taiwan lives, - Yuqi blurted out in one breath, covering her face with her hands, fearing for her life.

- Hmm, I understand. I did not recognize, they just told me - without adding anything else, I went to the store.

- Who told you, Shu? Shu, why are you going to the bookstore? If you need Korean language books, I have it at home. I can bring you tomorrow - Yuqi shouted after her, in other things, slowly, go after her.

- I have another assignment, - Shuhua said as she closed the doors to the shop behind her, disappearing from sight.

- Okay, then see you tomorrow, Shu - Yuqi shouted into the void, grabbing the straps from the backpack, bouncing in step, hurried to her home to tell her household that she met a wonderful girl named Shuhua.

***

The following days were a complete test for Shuhua. Her new high school friend would wake her up at dawn just to go for a walk in the park with the dogs. You can’t refuse, otherwise Yuqi’s loud voice woke up the whole district, and then tons of complaints came from the neighbors of the house where she rented an apartment.

A small nuance of moving to Seoul from Taiwan was that Shuhua persuaded her parents to live separately. Surprisingly, the parents agreed immediately. And the question "why" was answered succinctly:

- You're responsible. We trust you. If you need help, reach out, we'll help.

Well, Yuqi, you don't need to know that.

They still do not communicate so closely to trust her with such a secret.

Yuqi, according to Shuhua, is very loud, annoying, annoying, but despite all the "bad" qualities, she was fun to be around.

Shuhua gradually began to get used to her presence next to him.

Relax.

Feel comfortable.

Open up to her.

Yuqi rejoiced at each such discovery, assuring Shuhua that:

- A couple more sessions with me, my dear Shu, and we will become best friends!

Her bravado only touched Shuhua, making her laugh out loud and sigh bitterly to herself, realizing that falling in love with a girl would be another failure.

If Yuqi hadn't jumped on her every time she wanted to fool around and snuggled so close and kissed her on the cheek, then perhaps the crush wouldn't have developed so rapidly in Shuhua's chest. But, alas, on the contrary, it only began to strengthen in her heart, giving a reason to be broken in the future.

Again.

Shuhua was distracted from her bitter thoughts when she heard Yuqi's loud voice in the distance, waving at her from the school bus stop, begging her to wait with gestures.

Today, the girl dressed in the style of the 80s, dyeing her silky black hair in a dark chestnut color with a red tint. Shuhua would have scolded her if it wasn't for the admiration she saw and heard from the guys walking past her and turning around to:

- Wow, what a beauty. Hey, is this Song Yuqi from 3rd by any chance?

- Yes she. Wow. She suits this color so well.

- Hey, you decided to hit her, right?

- No, what are you, I already have a girlfriend, you moron.

Shuhua involuntarily bit her bottom lip, getting angry at everyone who admires Yuqi so much.

She didn't dress for you idiots. She dressed to...

- Shu, catch me!

- Not again, - Shuhua sighed heavily, however, preparing to catch the girl, especially after she saw that this stupid girl was funny running towards her, throwing all her limbs in different directions.

Shuhua laughed involuntarily, throwing her head back, then almost doubled over with laughter.

- Shu! - she heard very close, and ...

- Phew, Yuqi, why are you so heavy? That at night you could not resist and ate chicken, right? - Shuhua reproachfully asked Yuqi, staggering in place, but holding Yuqi tightly to her.

- I'm not heavy, Shu, - Yuqi pouted, burying her face in her friend's forearm, inhaling her pleasant scent of perfume.

- Uh-huh, how long are you going to sit like this?

- Take me to school, Shuhua. My legs are so tired from running - Yuqi's pouting is back again only now with a vengeance.

- No. Go yourself.

- But…Shu…please, I’m so tired…please… -  Yuqi pleaded, clinging to her friend, not letting her go even when she tried to shake her off her.

- What are you… - Shuhua gave up tiredly, - climb on your back, it will be so comfortable.

- Hooray! - Yuqi rejoiced, quickly changing positions, now hugging Shuhua from behind. - Carry me, my knight, - she commanded, laughing, enjoying the brief ride to school.

***

The next time they could see each other only during joint physical education. On that day, the coach announced when the sports relay races would take place and which ones they would participate in. The school festival itself is scheduled for Saturday, a week later. The preparation will be exhausting and merciless.

- We must win! The main competition will be what we expected. Obstacle running. This means that if someone does not yet have a partner, look now. Yuqi, I heard you already found your partner? Introduce us.

= I’ll do even better, - she tossed her head, smiling mysteriously, then, after finding a familiar face in the crowd, she shouted: - Yeh Shuhua, catch me! – took off from the spot, pretending to jump over the barriers, which made everyone laugh, ran towards the only target, praying that Shuhua would catch her.

To a general flurry of applause and cheers, Yuqi was able to relax in Shuhua's secure embrace, for a while to calm her rapidly beating chest heart.

- Thank you for catching it - quietly so that only Shuhua could hear, Yuqi said, then, after a minute, returning again to the cheerful Yuqi that everyone knew.

- Great. Then Shuhua, please stay after class, we will start training. Yuqi…

- Me too, too, right? – if not for the human appearance of Yuqi, then everyone thought that an excited puppy was dancing in front of the trainer.

- No, I don't need you today - the coach refused her, - only Shuhua. I'll teach her the rules she needs to know...

- I want Yuqi to stay, -  Shuhua interrupted, surprising Yuqi with her request. She is my running partner.

- She to me…

- No, I need her.

- I ... Shu - swallowed, brushing away a non-existent tear, - yes, I will stay with you, my ShuShu - jumped up, hugged Yuqi by her neck.

This is the first time Shuhua has acknowledged me so publicly. Now we will definitely become best friends.

I don't want to be alone with this guy. His gaze scares me. So the coach should not look at the schoolgirl.

***

Yuqi sat on the bench with excitement as she watched Shuhua run the last 10 laps around the stadium.

- To support your physical form - said the coach, giving the order to the girl to change into sportswear, consisting of pants and a short sports top.

Yuqi held a Shuhua blazer on her lap. Which she casually threw off herself when she ran around the 5th circle.

The girl was not even out of breath and did not sweat.

Amazing. I'm already sweating on the third lap. My girlfriend is great.

- For the first time I see a person who does not complain about running - the coach sat down next to her, distracting the girl from watching.

- I myself am amazed at her stamina, - Yuqi nodded, glancing at the coach briefly, focusing on Shuhua. You know, I had no idea that she...

- Yuqi, give me some water! - Shuhua called out as she circled exactly where they were sitting.

Yuqi did not notice this, but the coach was uncomfortable with the menacing look of the girl when she looked at him. His hand, casually resting on Yuqi's knee, disappeared on its own.

This girl, did she understand everything at once? Damn it, she needs to be more careful. If I make a mistake, I'll definitely get out of work. Okay, new plan, the school festival will end, this girl will disappear from the radar and then we can have some fun ...

- Now! - Yuqi jumped up from the bench, taking a half-full bottle of water in her hands, throwing a towel over her shoulder, ran up to Shuhua, passing the bottle to her as she went and wiping the drops of sweat on her forehead. - Shu, can you take a break? - Yuqi asked carefully.

- I'm fine. It remains to make the last semicircle and finish? - Shuhua clarified while taking one big sip, slightly out of breath.

- Yes, only the finish line remains - Yuqi confirmed, - I'll be waiting for you there, - pointing beyond the finish line, - so hurry up. After that, I will treat you to delicious wings.

- Agreed - Shuhua grinned defiantly, winked, picked up speed.

Yuqi's heart skipped a beat for the first time, and this heartbeat was not related to the fact that she had a "new girlfriend".

The evening they said goodbye, for the first time, Yuqi didn't want to say goodbye to Shuhua. She wanted to stay with her longer. And that evening, Shuhua noticed that Yuqi didn't kiss her in a playful way and with the words:

- Are you falling in love with me, Shu?

Yuqi, walking home, thoughtfully recalling all the moments associated with the girl, with each memory, his heart squeezed sweetly in his chest, and a hot blush formed on her cheeks:

Strange.

Shuhua went to bed that night and kept repeating to herself:

Please heart do not hope.

***

The week turned out to be very difficult, exhausting and mocking at my body. Shuhua felt like she was becoming a man after all that intense training. her body tightened up, a press appeared, muscles in her arms and legs. She began to notice that they were looking at her, whistling admiringly, giving compliments more often than before.

She liked it.

But I liked it even more when a certain blonde (Yuqi repainted again) looked at her admiringly, not going for words.

Today, Yuqi was constantly by her side, did not move a single step, sometimes even covered herself from annoying glances.

If Shuhua didn't know for sure, she would think that Yuqi was jealous.

No, heart, do not hope. I'm just her friend.

- Excellent, now we are ready for sure - the teacher completed the last training, giving up to everyone who was engaged in the sports stadium. – Go home, rest, go to bed early, tomorrow we have a special day. X day.

***

- Shu, I can't take you home today. Sorry, Force Majeure – she folded her arms across her chest, looked so pitifully that Shuhua couldn't get angry for long. - See you tomorrow, okay?

- Until tomorrow - she made a wave with her hand in the air, saying goodbye, she began to leave.

Shuhua was sure that Yuqi was still looking at her (she noticed such a strange thing in the last week), but turning around, Yuqi had already left.

Shuhua couldn't sleep. In addition, the time is earlier, you can go to bed later.

Anxious thoughts troubled her.

In order to somehow calm down, I decided to go to the playground, near the house, next to the convenience store.

Packed up and ran out of the house.

She didn't expect to see Yuqi chatting with the coach in the parking lot.

The first desire is to rush to them.

Second, just call Yuqi and find out what she's doing.

The third is to hold a grudge and ignore.

But there was another option, and the girl took advantage of it.

She accidentally ended up next to them and accidentally poured coffee on the coach.

- Oops, sorry.

- Shu?

- Oh, Yuqi, dear, what are you doing here?

- The coach drove me and ...

- …asked to be invited over, -  Shuhua finished instead, coming closer to her friend, hugging her. - Why don't you come visit me, Yuqi? It's time for you to meet my dog.

- But we...

- Am I right, Yuqi? – Shuhua asked with pressure in her voice, tightly hugging the girl's shoulders.

- Oh, yes, yes. Mata. Of course, why not? - Yuqi quickly agreed, seeing Shuhua angry for the first time.

Why the girl was angry, she did not know, but it is better not to tempt fate.

- Good night, Coach Kim, - Shuhua smiled sweetly at him goodbye, leading Yuqi away.

**

The overnight stay at Shu's house did not take place for a simple reason - she did not let me over the threshold. And all because of my long tongue, and who pulled me to say that absurdity? Of course Shuhua is not jealous of me. She hardly notices me at school. If I had not followed her, she would not have noticed that I was not around. Oh, how difficult is the path of becoming Ye Shuhua's best friend.

I hope she will be in a good position tomorrow, because tomorrow is the competition.

Please, Shu, get up in a great mood!

**

Shuhua woke up in a bad mood.

She dreamed about that meeting all night, only the ending was completely different.

At the end of her dream, she confessed to Yuqi.

And this is absolutely impossible to do.

They just started to develop a normal relationship.

You can't cross the line.

So, Shuhua, today you must hold on and not succumb to Yuqi's pouting lips and pleading eyes. You are a strong person, I believe in you!

***

Everything was shattered as soon as Shuhua saw, or rather heard Yuqi's loud voice, and then the whole body of the girl tightly pressed to her after the morning jump.

- You're getting used to it, Yuqi. Look, I'll get tired of this, then I'm afraid it will hurt you to fall - gently putting her back on the ground, Shuhua said, fixing her hair. Come on, we need to change. Where is your sports uniform? she asked, glancing at the girl's empty hands.

- Already at school. I arrived before everyone else. It was necessary to discuss something with the coach before the race - Yuqi chirped, turning away at that moment (the girl did not notice) how Shuhua's face darkened.

- A coach, so, hmm, I understand ...

- Shu, I'll be waiting for you at the stadium. -  Yuqi waved her hand and sped away when the class president called her.

What were they doing there early in the morning? Damn, what do I care? This is Yuqi's personal life, it doesn't concern me, Shuhua muttered to herself as she walked towards the school, making her shy away from the schoolchildren, from the murderous aura that swirled around her.

***

While talking to Head Boy Yuqi, she suddenly realized what Shuhua had said.

She rolled her eyes and almost choked, realizing that she had dug her own grave before an important competition.

Yes, no, it's okay, Yuqi. Shu doesn't get angry. I will explain everything to her, she will understand everything and ...

***

Shuhua stood gloomier than a thundercloud, stamping her foot on the ground, arms crossed over her chest and annoyed listening to the trainer giving the final instructions before the race.

Yuqi prayed to all the gods that the coach would not say too much, such as:

- You can learn everything else from Yuqi, I showed her everything personally this morning.

- And what did you show, coach? Shuhua asked in a controlled rage, her polite question chilling her blood.

- What points to press if you suddenly have a cramp on your leg - the coach threw in response, looking at the girl from above.

- Oh, I see - Shuhua's pleasant smile was cold, - thank you, we will definitely ask Yuqi about these points - turning to her now, Shuhua grunted.

I'm in trouble – Yuqi sighed as she walked to the start. “Shuhua will catch me, right? - she did not even manage to explain everything, as all the athletes were called to the stadium.

***

Yuqi would have been determined to win, but Shuhua's thoughts were all occupied, she was so thoughtful that she almost missed the whistle and "plee".

She started to run, but if before her legs hovered above the ground, now they seemed to be crushed by gravity. It felt like dumbbells were hung on my legs, it was so difficult to move them.

Yes, and breathless, Yuqi felt like she was suffocating.

They cheered her, shouted, but everything seemed to her a noise, except for her heart.

The noise is so loud and unfamiliar.

Usually, when she used to run, her heartbeat was light.

It just didn't bother me back then. Now I'm worried about my friendship with Shuhua. I'm finally on my way to being her best friend! I was sure that she would catch me, she would catch me anyway. But now…Shu…you…

The stadium gasped, and obstacle course participant Song Yuqi stumbled and almost fell down. But by some miracle, she managed to stabilize her legs and jump over.

Shu, will you catch me? Yuqi mentally asked as she jumped over more, her eyes only focused on the black-haired girl who stared ahead without emotion. “Please, Shuhua, catch me!”

The pounding of her heart grew louder with every step, every second closer to her partner. For a brief moment, lightning flashed before Yuqi's eyes, she had to close her eyes at the brightness of the flash, then open them again to look at (see) Shuhua.

Their eyes met at that moment.

Ah , my heart fluttered, painting Yuqi's cheeks and ears pink with sweet languor, - my girlfriend is the most beautiful!

Oh my God, I… - the thought stopped halfway when Yuqi gasped and coughed.

But that doesn't matter now. The main question remains open. Recognize it in seconds as I approach her.

**

The last hurdle

Shuhua if you catch me, I'll confess to you.

Shuhua's gaze remained unchanged, as did the posture of her body.

Do not believe?

Their distance was reduced to 10 paces. Shuhua zero emotion.

Catch me and test my courage.

5 steps...

This will be the last time I catch her as a girlfriend.

This will be the last time I ask to be caught as a future best friend.

3 steps and Yuqi jumped...

I confess to her...

I confess to you...

***

- Shuhua, catch me!