Murder at sunset/1

ONESHOT IDLE

Golden Phoenix Rock

Sunday. Night.

00:23:44

An icy wind whistled against the stone stairs, driving a wave up on it, washing dirty footprints on a flat sole. The next wave was higher than the previous one, with its strength, the lying body of a young man dressed in a long black cloak turned over and rolled down to the small coast of the Golden Phoenix. The trailing red trail disappeared completely behind the wave, taking with it all evidence of the murder.

The Golden Phoenix coast was located in a closed area on the left bank, here both residents and visitors were strictly forbidden to appear in this place. All due to the fact that it is difficult to get to the coast itself, the path to it was blocked by rocky and inaccessible boulders that looked like steps from the side.

But still, breaking all the laws, daredevils made their way to the rocks, they liked to be photographed against the backdrop of sunset or sunrise, because a truly gorgeous view opened from here.

Many boasted of the photographs, so many tried to conquer the peaks, get to the coast, although there were people who saw the harsh appearance of the rocks near, refused.

 

Highway to the town of Golden Cape

Tuesday. Morning.

09:47:21

The gray car screeched to a halt near the gas station, frightening the local birds that were calmly feeding near the empty bench. A young girl of short stature (158 cm) jumped out of it, her short blond hair was disheveled by the wind, which was having fun along a deserted street. Light blue jeans lowered at the hips, a white T-shirt with a lion's mane pattern on the chest, white sneakers with a speck. Hurrying past the empty benches without even looking at them, the girl burst into the store, her eyes scanned the space behind her sunglasses, noticing the right items on the shelves. Having collected everything necessary in the basket, also taking chips, snacks and chewing gum, she went to the cash register, loudly putting the basket on the table.

The guy who worked that day in the store, looking at her indifferently, began to calculate everything that she brought.

- With you $ 54 - he said, breaking the long silence between them. The girl dug into the pockets of her jeans, pulled out a change and a crumpled piece of paper along with 30 dollars, put it on the table.

- That's all there is - imitating a low voice, the girl said, smiling predatory at the guy, telling him that it was better to obey and just take it.

The guy, intuitively sensing the danger, agreed, took the money, put it in the cash register, moved away from the counter a little, looking at her.

- Do not be afraid, do not eat - the girl giggled at her own joke, leaving the store. – Oh, yes, do you happen to know how to get to the Golden Phoenix? - he shook his head negatively, but the girl did not listen to him, slamming the doors behind her: - Forget that you saw me. I will find it myself.

 

Highway to the town of Golden Cape

Wednesday. Noon.

12:47:21

A week later, black armored vehicles were passing along the same road, the special agents sitting inside were seriously looking ahead, almost not paying attention to what was happening outside the window. Three cars drove past a gas station where the only customers were birds. They did not stop, there was enough fuel, but still the first car slowed down, and soon stopped altogether.

The reason for this was the driver, who asked to go out to relieve himself and buy coffee, because from the very beginning of the journey from the airport, where he met the FBI officers, there was no blood in his mouth.

- I'm fast - he said apologetically, getting out of the car, running around it and quickly driving to the gas station.

A window opened from the right passenger seat, a hand stuck out with a cigarette between its fingers. A gray-haired man with a neatly trimmed beard on an angular face with frowning drooping eyebrows over steel gray eyes, took a puff, and said in a hoarse tone:

“I want to hear your report again, Agent Yontararak. Do not miss anything, any trifling detail can be useful - without turning to the young Thai girl, just looking in the mirror meeting the gaze of dark dreamy eyes, behind which stood 10 years of experience under his management.

-Please, boss, call me Kim, - she smiled lightly as she laid out on her lap the reports compiled by local detectives who had called them in to help investigate the murder of the son of the mayor of the suburb of Golden Cape, who was a mile and a half from the border with a neighboring country. - So what do we know, - FBI Task Force agent Kim Minnie said in a matter-of-fact voice, returning to her seriousness, “according to Senior Detective Osborne, the corpse of Mr. Golden Phoenix.

- What a strange name for the coast, - a deep, deep voice cut into the report from the handset that lay near Minnie's knees, when she, on silent orders from her boss, connected to the meeting. – Although you can’t even call that place a coast, some small piece of the coast, moving away from the rocky stone steps. There is nothing special about it. Sorry to interrupt your report Minnie, keep going.

- Thank you for giving permission to Agent Song, - Minnie jokingly, hearing a characteristic snort from her friend, a Chinese woman with a sweet expression, but steely endurance in difficult situations. Song Yuqi is an excellent agent who you can always rely on in difficult moments. Sharp eyes, quick reflexes, the ability to notice the unnoticed. “I must say you’re wrong, Yuqi, that’s what makes it special. - The place where the corpse was found is considered a two-faced place, and that's it, because the corner of the rock is located so that the sun shines on one side, and snow always lies on the other side.

- That is, in other words, - put in another voice, only now male, - the body was found on the cold part. I knew it was necessary to take warm clothes.

- Mr. Cho's body fell just in the middle, we should only be afraid of bad weather with icy splashes of waves.

- Where the body lies, we’ll figure it out on the spot, now I didn’t want to hear it, - said the head of the department. - Agent Kim, go ahead.

- Yes, sir. So, as I said, until I was killed, Mr. Cho was found by tourists, they did not betray the significance of how the victim was dressed. Senior Detective Osborne noted in his report that a Halloween party was held the night before, although the holiday itself took place the Saturday before last, in the city center. He learned about the party from his eldest son, who asked to go to Phoenix Rock. So when the black-cloaked corpse was discovered, it became obvious when the murder might have taken place. Pushed further away from the party.

- What is known about him? A family? Friends?

- 25 years old, the middle son in the family, there is also an older brother and a younger sister. The family is successful, everyone respects the measure, there were no external grindings against him. Mr. Cho himself was a polite, courteous, well-read man. He did not have a girlfriend, but he was often seen in the Susan coastal cafe, as visitors note, he flirted with the hostess of the establishment. Although she did not reciprocate.

- The perfect guy, but there is always another side of the coin. Continue.

- Yes, there is nothing special to continue here - Minnie put the reports aside, said thoughtfully, seeing the driver running from the gas station out of the corner of her eye. - No evidence, Detective Osborn assumes he was just pushed off a cliff, who did it and why, nothing. They've reached a dead end. That's why they called us.

Did nothing happen at that party? Nobody got drunk, didn’t quarrel, didn’t make a brawl? Nothing at all?

- Nothing, sir. Detective Osborne said that the party was surprisingly uneventful, calm. The party started around 17:35 and ended around 12 at night. There were some contests, not enough booze, the music is not loud, and there are not so many people. It turned out to be a private party. 30 people total.

- Strange, and none of the people saw Mr. Lee? Didn't talk to him?

- He did not come, referred to the fact that he allegedly fell ill, he wants to stay at home. And this is the strangest thing, because at home he said that he went to a party. Tangled tangle...

- And we're going there to unravel it.

 

City of Golden Cape

Wednesday.

10:17:50

At noon, few people came to Susan's waterfront cafe, so the workers were able to take a break before the visitors returned. But today was different from other days in that the doors of the cafe did not close even for a minute, welcoming a new visitor.

Basically, the owner of the cafe, she understood why everyone came here, look at her, gossip about her behind her back, collect rumors and leave. It all happened because of the murder of Mr. Cho, the young man who was caring for her. And although, she constantly insisted that he was not her type, or rather, that if he were a girl, then maybe they would go on a date.

Everyone in the city knew what her orientation was, and she did not like to hide it.

And yet, knowing this, he still came.

She flirted with him, honed her seduction skills on him, was just friends with him.

Yes, he was a good friend, but nothing more.

Now she is in an active search, but in the city where she lived (more precisely, she was passing through for 5 years), there was no worthy candidate.

- Hey Susan, did you hear that some big names from the FBI are coming to us soon,” one of the visitors shouted, raising a bottle of beer to the top, taking a sip, continued: - They are going to find Peter's killer.

- Yes, I heard about it, - Yeh Shuhua (Susan) smiled tautly as she passed the order of the new arrivals to the waitress, turned to him: - I wonder if there will be ladies there that I would take care of.

- Rejoice, baby, they will. I heard from my friend, he is a policeman, so the information is reliable - he laughed, hearing the whistle from his friends. - Let’s have a competition to see who can win over who first. - The loser will fulfill any request of the winner. Agree?

-Get ready to lose, Jinho, - one of his buddies called out, “it won’t be even a couple of minutes from the arrival of these ladies, when you will already lose.” Susan has always come out on top.

- Agree? - the guy did not listen, lighting up with excitement.

- On the hands - Shuhua agreed, rising from her chair, with all the inherent grace walked the distance to his table, extended her hand in order to break up their argument.

Jinho did not immediately respond to the shrug, he, like all the guests of the cafe, was fascinated by the young owner of the Susan Cafe.

And why is such a beauty in the wrong league? Hell, every guy would envy me if I had a girlfriend like Susan!

Black long silky hair, light smooth skin, seductive dark eyes, an aura of innocence and purity emanated from her, although by nature she could “put anyone on the shoulder blades”.

To be honest, as soon as she arrived in the city of Golden Cape 5 years ago, all the men went crazy, falling in love with her at first sight. When three years ago they saw her kissing a girl near her cafe, everyone understood what league she was in, although after this incident the suitors did not decrease until the mayor's son Peter was first on the list. Then everything calmed down, everyone began to consider them a great couple, sometimes they exchanged words about “why Susan doesn’t come to her senses and agree to become his girlfriend.”

Yes, Shuhua constantly heard such conversations, but she simply ignored them.

Then she was insanely happy with her girlfriend, until three years ago she saw her with another guy without clothes. Three years ago, her illusion of happiness was shattered, especially after Shuhua heard those terrible words from her beloved:

- You were a screen for my relationship with him. I hated kissing you. Feel your hands on my body. I never loved you, Shuhua.

Since then, for Shuhua, the word "love" did not exist, her heart closed its doors and did not let anyone in. The word she often uses is flirt, one night of pleasure, have fun and leave, asking her never to call her.

Girlfriend for one night.

Many ladies agreed to this.

They liked it when they were so gallantly looked after, subtly seducing, showing them what they really deserve.

The last such "lady" left Shuhua's bed two weeks ago, finally saying to her:

- Tonight, there will be a Halloween party, it will be held near the Golden Phoenix Rock. Come if you want, I'll leave an invitation for you on the table.

Shuhua then referred to poor health, refused, but then changed her mind. Thinking that he might find someone to brighten up the evening, but the party, where there were only layers of high society, turned out to be boring, tedious.

Wasted time.

Frustrated, Shuhua then returned home, some movie and just fell asleep under it.

And the next day I found out - Peter died.

 

City of Golden Cape

Wednesday.

The airport.

11:25:34

A small plane intended for tourists landed at the local airport. Shaking off business clothes (beige suit: knee-length skirt, jacket), a young girl came out of it, 27 years old, light brown hair to the shoulder blades, a beautiful face, they would have said about her at the first meeting “a charming simpleton”, and after a long acquaintance they would have regretted about your words. Cho Miyeon, the youngest daughter of the Mayor of the Golden Cape with the highest IQ, was a businesslike, competitive, smart lady, she was considered a business lady, she grasped everything on the fly, processed information in her favor.

Taking off her sunglasses, the girl looked around the expanses of the city, breathed in the aroma of freshly cut grass with an admixture of fresh bread, smiled:

- I haven't been here for a long time. It's nice to be back home. The first thing I know after three years of absence upon arrival here is that Peter has died and all his shares under the will are transferred to me. Well, well, it's my time to rule and laugh. Thank you, brother, for your gift.

Holding her purse on her left shoulder, handing over her luggage, which consisted only of a travel bag to the driver, Miyeon walked to the waiting car, waited for the car to leave the airport, took out her phone, dialed a number. After waiting for an answer from the other line, Miyeon only said:

- I'm back, gather the guests, we'll have a party in my honor.