Drabble - 8. Serious Conversation (ShuQi)

ONESHOT IDLE

- Shu, we are going to have a serious conversation now, - Yuqi suddenly said, turning around to the girl who was about to cook herself some food.

- After eating, Woogie, - Shuhua nodded her head as she continued her cooking.

- No, now, - Yuqi said stubbornly, putting her hands on her hips and even stamping her foot to be sure. - I can forget what I wanted to say.

- You need to warn about your arrival in advance, then it would be normal, - Shuhua reproached her, turning on the gas and putting a frying pan on the stove. - I'm very hungry at the moment.

- I wrote to you, even called, but you again ignored me - Yuqi did not give up, hovering over her friend, looking over her shoulder to look at the cooking.

- I did not hear a sound from messages or a phone call - calmly continued to cook, not paying attention to the fact that she was disturbed. - Okay, now it doesn’t matter, let’s you start talking, and then I will join you?

- No. I need your attention to be completely focused on me - stepped back, sat on the nearest chair, Yuqi said.

- Then wait - Shuhua shrugged her shoulders, turning the scrambled eggs in the pan, - 10 minutes and I am completely at your disposal.

- I take my word for it, Shu.

Of course, 10 minutes cannot be called calm, because Yuqi loved to chat, about everything and nothing at the same time. Shuhua did not interrupt, she listened, sometimes she put in her word, but mostly the kitchen space was filled with Yuqi's voice.

After another 5 minutes of eating, Shuhua was finally free.

They went into her small living room, sat on the sofa, tucked their legs under them, turned to face each other.

- So, what's the big talk about? - Shuhua asked as she tucked a stray black strand behind her ear.

- About you and Minnie, - Yuqi said bluntly, pointing her finger at her accusingly, adding: - You went on a date, I saw the video!

- What specific date are you talking about? We had a lot of them, - Shuhua simply answered, still not understanding the essence of the matter.

- Yesterday, I’m talking about yesterday, - Yuqi was still pouting, - you said you weren’t on holiday, you’d be at home.

- Did I say that? - Yuqi nodded, Shuhua thought, remembering yesterday, then simply brushed it off: - Minnie-unnie promised me to buy that blouse that we saw the day before. She called yesterday and said she was free.

- But yesterday you and I were supposed to have plans. Me and you.

- Which? I don't remember us agreeing on anything. Maybe you're confusing something, Woogie?

Yuqi quickly got up, ran to her phone in her purse, took it out, scrolled through their message, found the right text, showed Shuhua:

- Look, these are your words: I promise to go with you tomorrow to…, are you satisfied now, Yuqi?

- Oh, right, mine. Sorry, we can go today if you want, - Shuhua suggested, but Yuqi interrupted her.

- Yesterday it was relevant, now it's not.

- Why? - Shuhua asked, involuntarily moving closer to her friend.

- Yesterday was a special day, - Yuqi muttered, noticing that the distance between them had decreased, but did not move away.

- Woogie, what was special about him? – still did not understand (or pretended not to understand) Shuhua.

- I won’t say, it doesn’t matter anymore, - Yuqi waved her off, pouting.

- Yuqi, - Shuhua said with pressure in her voice.

- Doesn't matter.

- Speak. You came here for a reason - now their knees touched and it became difficult to breathe in the room.

- I… I have to go… - Yuqi became nervous, she wanted to leave, but as soon as she began to rise, her wrists were intercepted and brought closer to her.

- Yuqi, don't piss me off.

Yuqi realized that she was caught as soon as she saw Shuhua's gaze, so she chattered as fast as she could.

- Yesterday was our date of the first acquaintance in the company, and I thought that I should somehow celebrate it with dignity, so I bought tickets in advance for the attraction that you liked on our first walk. Now it has become irrelevant, because the validity period ended yesterday and the tickets are not valid.

While Yuqi was catching her breath, Shuhua turned away for a moment, taking out something from under the pillow that lay on the sofa. Yuqi heard the rustle of paper.

- I don’t know why you decided that our first acquaintance took place on the 4th, because I know perfectly well that we met on the 5th near the company. You ran into me, Woogie - giggled, remembering those times, Shuhua, waved in front of her friend's surprised eyes, saying: - My tickets are still valid, if you want ...

- Yes, yes, of course yes! - shouted a happy Yuqi, jumping up and down on the couch, snatching the tickets from Shuhua's hands. - Let's go faster, we must not miss!

- Why hurry, the taxi that I ordered an hour ago, before you came, will pick us up, -  Shuhua said in a calm tone, still not releasing one of Yuqi’s hands, she pulled her to her. - There is still plenty of time for our serious conversation. - Yuqi didn’t have time to react properly, when Shuhua’s lips gently touched hers, leaving a trace of her strawberry lipstick there.

- Shu – while the remnants of lipstick, Yuqi tried to make a stern face, but the attempt was unsuccessful, because Shuhua’s lips returned to her lips again, lingering, - I didn’t mean this kind of conversation, - Yuqi whined, receiving in response another (many ) kisses from Shuhua.

- And I'm talking about this, but if you don't like it ... - she drawled, starting to move away, but Yuqi did not let her do it, holding her in place, next to her.

- I like it, so don't you dare leave - substituting your lips for a kiss - we are not finished ...

Their serious conversation lasted until a message came from a taxi driver who arrived at the specified address exactly one hour after the order.