Drabble - 10. She's not the one

ONESHOT IDLE

(Listened to a new song I DO and this is what to led)

She is not someone I would like to see around Yuqi.

And if you think about it, I would not want to see anyone other than myself next to Yuqi.

After all, only I can understand it, like no one else. My love is stronger than those who flirt with her.

For the sake of my love for Yuqi, I make sacrifices.

What, you ask?

For example, now, I nonchalantly give her the purchased tickets for the concert, which she constantly talked about (throughout the summer), telling her:

- They are yours, Yuqi. Go with whoever you want - assuming she takes my hint and invites me.

Although I know very well that, taking them, Yuqi will call that new friend and invite her to go with her.

The girl I'm in love with is too thick to see behind my appearance more than a best friend.

She is blind to me, although I show my love for her in every way, in every hint.

- Are you sure you're not going to their concert? Yuqi asks again, carefully putting the tickets in his bag so as not to wrinkle them.

- Yes, I'm sure you know I don't like them. Their music is too rough for my ears.

- How did you even manage to win their tickets? Yuqi asked curiously as she sat down next to me on the sofa, resting her legs freely on my knees.

- Yes, I bought all sorts of nonsense with a share, - I waved, unconsciously running my hands along Yuqi's legs. - Then I find out that I won some kind of prize. Can you imagine my disappointment when I saw these tickets in the envelope sent to me? It's good that I still remembered how you buzzed my ears about the "best rock band." And here I am, giving it to you.

- Ha-ha-ha, so it’s not for nothing that I annoyed you with my stories about them. Listen, Shu, if you're not coming, can I call Minyoung? She is also a fan of this group.

- Call whoever you want, Woogie, - I shrugged, pretending that I needed to find something from behind, turned away to hide my tears in my eyes.

- Um, actually, I already called, I just didn’t know how to tell you, - Yuqi said slowly, awkwardly scratching her left earlobe, feeling guilty, sat down closer, entering my personal space. - You're angry?

- What would I? I asked, holding back my emotions, meeting her inquisitive gaze.

- Well, I just gave your ticket...

- He's not mine - she shrugged her shoulder in annoyance, bit the tip of her tongue, fell silent. “The tickets are yours, Woogie, you can invite whoever you want.

- But...just...

- Don't bother, Yuqi. I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over. Better go get ready for your concert, otherwise you will be late, then you will whimper and complain that you didn’t have time because of me.

I watched as she left, holding her “friend” mask on her face, but as soon as the doors closed behind her, and I was left alone, I gave vent to my emotions.

No, she did not cry, if a silent cry can be considered crying.

Again she chose others, but not me.

The same story repeats itself again.

Every now and again.

Why do I still love her?

I lied to her when I said that I got the tickets after I won them on the promotion.

I didn’t tell her that I didn’t sleep at night, limited myself to food, took a couple of part-time jobs and saved up money to buy these tickets.

The only thing that kept me going was that Yuqi would invite me. We will go together, even despite my dislike for their music.

I could endure an hour or two standing next to Yuqi.

I would take a chance and tell about my feelings if I would be absolutely sure of the affirmative answer.

I'm afraid if I say, he will shun me or even worse, he will tell me: I'm sorry, but for me you will remain my best friend.

You don't want to be the best friend with a broken heart.

**

She is definitely not the one I would like to see Yuqi walking through the streets of Seoul with, window shopping at fashion stores, laughing merrily and out loud at some joke she read on her phone.

She is almost as tall as Yuqi.

What?

Would you like me to describe my opponent?

For what?

If you want to know about her appearance, see for yourself.

Is she prettier than you?

What a stupid question? I don't even want to answer it.

I don't need to look at her, because Yuqi likes her appearance more than I do.

In my words you will hear only jealousy.

So why tell me to you if she is beautiful?

Yuqi often compares my personality to hers, putting her above me, which hurts. The rescue mask of indifference comes to the rescue in time, I just smile wryly, showing her my superiority, I say:

- You chose me as your friend, so it's your fault, not mine. You knew perfectly well who you would have to be friends with.

- Yes, Shu, you can’t argue with that, - Yuqi sighed, taking the girl’s arm, turning her reddened face to her, adding: - That’s why I like you more than Shuhua, Minyoung, - sticking out her tongue at me before leaving .

The open wound does not heal, but I swallow her words, smile silently, wave my hand after them.

I thought I would never see them again that day.

But the day seemed to be different.

We crossed paths about 5 times and each time she didn’t notice me point-blank, but Minyoung constantly nodded to me as a sign of greeting.

6 times in the evening when we met, or rather, I saw them in front, I had enough.

I returned home, climbed onto the bed, hid under the covers, closed my eyes, pushing away Yuqi's ghostly happy smile.

Before, she only smiled at me.

When did everything start to change?

**

She is definitely not the one I would like to see Yuqi with, but still she is better than the one who is now flirting with Yuqi in front of our eyes, making eyes at her, running her hand over her shoulder removing an invisible speck of dust and not chirping with a sweet voice, sighing languidly at this.

We are not friends, she knows about my feelings for Yuqi, just like I know about her feelings for her.

We do not like each other, but for the sake of Yuqi, we exist side by side.

We are accustomed to such a system of feelings.

I began to give in to Yuqi, seeing in her someone who loves and appreciates Yuqi, of course, not as much as I do, but approximately.

I saw a lot of her actions, proof of love for her.

So slowly I began to teach myself to share Yuqi's time and attention.

I started to get used to Minyoung .

She became patient with me.

(Not) a friend, but a girl I can trust Yuqi.

She, Minyoung , but definitely not the one who is now desperately trying to get Yuqi's attention to her person.

I don't know her, and I don't want to know!

I look at Minyoung , giving her signs to stop this flirting.

But I look closer, I notice in her eyes the same gleam that I have.

A look of uncertainty, uncertainty cast towards Yuqi.

Is she the same as me?

No.

I don't want to see Yuqi's possible happiness crumble before my eyes.

Minyoung doesn't deserve this (and neither do I).

I resolutely push that (stranger) away from Yuqi, stand in front of her (Yuqi), frown, cross my arms over my chest, and say:

- Stop acting stupid! - Seeing that Yuqi wants to interrupt me, I raise my hand, making the sign "silence", I look at the one who dared to create vibrations out of the blue (I mean the beginning of a relationship), I rudely add: - Find another target, Yuqi is already taken.

**

She…no… Minyoung is definitely not who I would like to see Yuqi standing in front of the altar with in white dresses and loving smiles on her lips, but…

- I will never be as perfect as you Shuhua. In the environment you are not perfect, many people hate you behind your back. I was among them until I got to know you better. Knowing you closer, I was able to hear your heart, see your true actions towards one person. I couldn’t be jealous of you, I couldn’t even be angry ...

- Um, baby, we’re actually at our wedding ceremony and…

- Yuqi, shut up...

- Ha, um...

- Shuhua, what do I want to say. Thank you for giving me a chance to be worthy of Yuqi's love, and I am also grateful to you for helping me keep Yuqi's heart from temptations. And forgive my impudence, but let me ask you to keep watching over us. You agree?

- Ha-ha, of course, Shu agrees, she’s my best…

- Yuqi, shut up, I didn't ask you. Shuhua, do you agree?

- I'll think - was my answer, but apparently my look said otherwise, because the next moment I heard her joyful cry, the rustle of a dress and strong hugs.

Next to my ear, I heard a soft:

Thank you for letting me love Yuqi. I will not make promises, I will just show everything with my actions.