The smell of home_1

ONESHOT IDLE

POV Shuhua

I came home after practice very late, today I had to practice extra time so that tomorrow, when I returned, I would not ruin all the performances. Unnie was already asleep, and so were my puppies, which is why it was so quiet when I entered the house. I took off my shoes and walked down the corridor, as quietly as possible so as not to wake anyone. After having washed, having taken a quick warm shower, having changed into home clothes, I went into the kitchen. There was food on the table with a note from Soojin - unnie :

"Eat before bed."

In short, my heart was warmed by attention to me.

I ate, washed the dishes (yes, sometimes, on rare occasions, but I do the dishes), entered Yuqi's room , climbed into her bed, covered herself with a blanket, fell asleep.

Why not Soojin - unnie ?

Yerobun , where are your thoughts?

Okay, okay, I didn't want to wake you up. She needs a good sleep.

Yuqi, she's fast asleep, so even if I scream in her room, she still won't hear. Besides, I wanted to sleep in the same bed with her today. She is closer to my home country, so I feel close to my family.

I hugged her from the back, putting my forehead between the shoulder blades, inhaling the floral scent. So cozy and warm, I could finally relax.

 

POV Author

Peaceful, calm morning, as usual since early morning Soojin prepares for his members. She likes to take care, she herself admitted that she loves to cook. She loves to learn new recipes, after the members decide which food they like best. One of the members sat across from her and watched Soojin in admiration .

- Shuhua , can you help me? - asked Soojin the silent girl who just woke up.

- How can I help you, Gina? Shuhua asked without enthusiasm , yawning.

- Wash me the greens and cut the carrots.

- What are you cooking , unnie ? - curiosity won over sleep, the girl picked up her hair in a ponytail, rolled up the sleeves of her nightie , began to thoroughly wash the greens.

- What would you like, Shuhua? - raising his eyes and for a moment meeting the pensive gaze of the makne .

- What would I like? - asked the maknae , then grinned seductively, pointed at the dancer, answered: - You.

- I'm asking about food - said Soojin calmly , she has long been accustomed to such a statement from the younger girl.

- Oh, about the food, I do not care - shrugged offended Shuhua , - I love it when you cook, Jinjin - took a knife and cut the carrots from as dried herbs next to the board.

- What time did you return home yesterday? Where did you spend the night? When I went in to wake you up, there was no one in the room, ” Soojin asked , putting the pot on the stove and pouring water over it. A bowl of rice stood next to the stove, waiting for its turn.

-I slept with Yuqi,- Shuhua said simply , passing her chopped carrots and herbs to her friend. - How else can you help me? Oh, rice, let me follow it - I was delighted with the white ingredient, themaknae , indicating unnie, poured the whole cup into boiling water, covering it with a lid. They were in the kitchen multivarka but Soojin chose to do so. Nobody objected.

- Why didn't you come to me as usual? - making the fire a little quieter under the pan of rice and stepping into the frying of meat, Soojin raised her left eyebrow, looked towards Shuhua . - I told you that I would wait for you.

- I'm sorry, Jin - after these two words there was silence, Shuhua did not know how to justify herself, so she was silent.

“It’s been repeating for two days now, so I might think I did or said something wrong,” Soojin sighed , glancing at Shuhua .

-Don't think about that, Soojin - unnie, we 're fine, - Shuhua quickly assured , raising her voice as usual when excited. - Just Yuqi smelled like home - muttered under his breath, but Soojin allstill heard. She said nothing, pretended not to hear, when the maknae was ready, she would say. Although she was a little offended because in the past ( trainee days ), Shuhua always said:

With you, my home seems close. Do you know why? Because now you are my home.

But since debut, Shuhua's thoughts have changed dramatically, no, she still considered Soojin her home , only now it's different. When Shuhua was sad, she missed loved ones , she went to Yuqior Minnie and often spent time with them.

Lately, very much ...

- How delicious it smells - sniffed Yuqi , entering the kitchen with her eyes still closed. - Soojin - unnie , what's for breakfast?

“We're cooking rice and frying meat ,” Shuhua exclaimed , ahead of Soojin , waking up Yuqi completely with her words.

- Shuhua ?! What are you doing here? You cook? Unnie , did you let her into the kitchen ?! Yuqi shouted in surprise , running up to Shuhua , standing next to her, "just in case."

- Ash , not so loud, Yuqi - asked Shuhua , covering his ears, forefingers. - Good morning to you too.

-Don't be angry,- Yuqi laughed , apologizing, carefully following her friend's movements. - Did you get up long ago? - asked in her native language.

- Recently, I come see what makes unnie - smiled softly Shuhua girl, thanking for the help (keep a lid until she checked cooking rice). - I didn't wake you up? She suddenly caught herself, switching back to Korean. - When I got up, I accidentally touched you with my hand, I'm sorry.

“I didn’t wake up then, don’t worry, I woke up because of the smell of food,” Yuqi assured with a smile , lightly touching the girl's hand.

The moment was so intimate that if Soojin didn't know about their close friendship, she thought they were dating. Their relationship has always been on the verge of friendship and love. If Shuhuahadn't been in love with Soojin , she would definitely have become Yuqi 's girlfriend .

Everything went cold inside Soojin .

No. Do not even think about it. They are just friends.

The depressing thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of the rest of the members, and the food was already completely ready.

- Bon appetit - they shouted in unison and proceeded to breakfast.

The day is going to be crazy today.

 

POV Shuhua

After breakfast, we packed up, left the hostel, got into the car, and drove to the airport. During breakfast, the manager called and said that we will perform on stage in front of university students.

- A good opportunity for more people to recognize you - the manager said with a bright smile, - the car will arrive in 15 minutes.

Indeed, a good opportunity. We are still newbies, we are only 2 years old since our debut, we are learning a lot for the first time. But the main thing for us is always the fans for whom we perform songs.

I'm nervous.

I'm scared, I don't know where to start a conversation and how to behave.

This is not our first fan meeting or the last, but for some reason I am more nervous right now. Yuqi is sitting next to me in the car , her hand resting securely in my hand as her head rests on my shoulder. She is getting enough sleep, yet I disturbed her during sleep. She will never tell me about it, she will always smile, brush my apologies aside. She was always like this, maybe that's why her friendship is so precious to me.

Yuqi is the faithful keeper of my heart, she knows everything, absolutely everything that keeps my heart to herself. For her, I am the same faithful keeper of her heart.

I'm sorry JinJin , but even you don't know half the secrets that my heart holds. You just don't need to know all my secrets.

You better not know them.

I grinned bitterly, looking at the landscape outside the car window, past which we drove. I shifted a little and Yuqi's head fell on my chest, I didn't change position. This is normal for close friends. I simply hugged my waist tightly , holding Yuqi so that she would not fall during sleep. Her scent, her floral scent, took over my brain completely. I breathed it in, remembering the days when I was a little girl running around a flower field, having fun with my older sister. Once for her birthday, I gave her a perfume that I bought specially in Taiwan (when we played there), it was nice to know that Yuqi was using it.

The smell of my house .