A GAME (ShuQi)

ONESHOT IDLE

- So, I was wondering… - then the sentence hung in the air when the speaker drew attention to a girl passing by, completely focused on the telephone conversation.

There was nothing remarkable or outstanding about the girl passing by, except for pretty black eyes and a sweet gait, with a straight posture.

She didn’t see anything in the girl passing by that made her stop on the syllable and follow her with her gaze all the way to the cafeteria, and then eagerly await the exit from there.

Definitely nothing memorable, not even her cute accent that she inserted into a phone conversation with an unknown caller.

- Yuqi, baby, what are you interested in? - asked her friend, sitting almost on her knees, hugging her neck, not caring at all about how passing people would look at them.

- Hm? – Yuqi asked, lowering her hands that were lying on her friend’s waist, forgetting about everything she wanted to say earlier.

- You started talking about the idol you like and then fell silent, - her friend reminded her, feeling that the atmosphere had changed, Yuqi stopped paying attention to her.

Why? Who distracted her? – the friend wondered, not letting go of her embrace. She did not notice a single beautiful girl passing by them. -  And why doesn’t she look at me when I talk?” Where is she looking? – the friend looked towards the entrance to the cafeteria, looked around carefully, but did not find anyone suspicious.

- Oh yes, the idol I like. I not long ago learned one amazing news - Yuqi started again, involuntarily glancing at the cafeteria, and again, as if time had frozen in front of her and the girl coming out, holding a glass of coffee and a bun, which she was eating on the go.

The girl approached the place where Yuqi and her friend were sitting, slowly, confidently reducing their distance. Her gaze was lowered down or her gaze wandered across the expanses of the street.

There was nothing remarkable, but Yuqi couldn’t take her eyes off her. Yuqi really wanted the girl to look in her direction.

As if hearing her, the girl sharply raised her gaze and looked at her point-blank.

A barely noticeable smile crossed her lips, the girl deliberately her lips after taking a bite of the bun.

Yuqi involuntarily swallowed, completely absorbed by the stranger.

The girl’s gaze ran over her friend with a question, her black eyebrow raised, and the corners of her lips went down, her expression slightly frowning.

Yuqi tilted her head to the side and shook her head slightly in denial, resting her hands completely on the bench they were sitting on.

Yuqi was thinking about how to ask her friend to get off her lap.

While she was thinking, her friend suddenly waved her hand to someone and smiled broadly:

- Shuhua, it's you, Yeh Shuhua!

The girl smiled in recognition and after a couple of steps stopped near the bench:

- I kept thinking that I had mistaken myself when I passed by you earlier. It’s been so long since we’ve seen you... - Shuhua said joyfully, paying full attention to her friend.

The friend herself got off Yuqi’s lap, sat down next to her, and patted her hand next to her:

- Take a seat, Shuhua. I haven't seen you for so long, let's talk.

- I don’t have much time, sorry, maybe later... let me write down your number... I took my phone out of my bag, waiting.

- You will definitely call me? – my friend asked with doubt in her voice.

- When there is time, - she didn’t give a specific answer, writing down the phone number, then getting up and starting to walk away again, without even once looking in Yuqi’s direction.

It was as if she didn't exist there.

The friend looked at Shuhua’s retreating back for some time. Then she turned to Yuqi with warning words:

- Beware of her, Yuqi. She's a real heartbreaker.

- Who is she? How do you know her? – Yuqi asked, swallowing, still feeling Shuhua’s presence next to her.

- I'm telling you, heartbreaker. She partners with me every week, regardless of whether she is a girl or a guy. But that was how it was at school, and now university life may have changed it. I don’t know,” the friend shrugged, then, looking sternly at Yuqi, repeated, “don’t mess with her.” She will play with you and throw you away like a useless thing. Okay, let's get back to our date...

- Sorry, I have to go, - trying to get up, but was stopped by a friend’s hand, - I didn’t have much time anyway, I told you before the meeting started... See you.

The friend did not have time to insert words when Yuqi disappeared from sight.

Yuqi was in a hurry.

She needed to catch up with this girl.

She wanted Shuhua to pay attention to her.

Any.

Yuqi agrees to any attention.

Just give her your phone number and tell her your name.

My heart was pounding incredibly loudly in my chest, my eyes were feverishly looking around while my legs were practically running forward.

Yuqi turned the corner of the house when she suddenly stopped, frozen mid-step, breathing deeply, regaining her breath.

Shuhua stood there, opposite her, with a smile on her lips, looking at her point-blank. Her body posture was relaxed, but for some reason it seemed to Yuqi that she was like a predator waiting for its prey.

Yuqi knew very well which of them was the prey.

- Too slow, Yuqi. Usually you came running within 5 minutes when I called you... Are you sure that you have the right to be here? Hm? – crossing her arms over her chest, she walked away to the wall of the house, after a second of silence, she beckoned with her index finger.

Yuqi held her breath in anticipation.

- Does she know about our games? – Shuhua asked with narrowed eyes, touching her finger to the hollow of Yuqi’s chest, pressing on the button of her shirt.

- No. No one knows - Yuqi's voice dropped an octave lower, not hiding her need for desire.

- Do you think you deserve my kiss, Yuqi? – Pulling her closer, Shuhua’s lips almost touched Yuqi’s lips, asking her.

- I... followed your plan, Shuhua... yes...

- But I think not, -  Shuhua said, easily pushing her body away from her, turning around and walking away.

- But why? – following behind, Yuqi asked offendedly, not daring to approach.

- I didn't like your game, baby. You can do better - she turned around and blew a kiss to Shuhua. - See you.