strained

THE BEST PART OF MY LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KWON BUNGALOW

 

Jiyong lay on the bed while staring at the ceiling blankly. His mind keeps thinking about Taeyeon. After she left, his heart feel empty but thinking of Jiwoong words to him make he feels upset because he's the reasons Taeyeon life sorrowful. He kept blaming himself for doing that to Taeyeon. Jiyong take out his phone and want to call her, but his heart hesitated. Suddenly, someone knocks the door, and then he saw his mother enter the room while carrying the tray full of food for him.

“I bring you dinner. I know you didn't eat yet.” Mrs. Kwon said while she places the tray beside the bed.

“Thank you, omma” Jiyong replied while look at the tray.

Mrs. Kwon looks at her son and then she seat on the bed.

“Jiyong~” she call him softly.

Jiyong turn to look at his mother.

“Are you sure to let Taeyeon go? Just like that?” she asked sadly.

Jiyong didn’t answer her after she asked that.

“Don't you love her?” she continue asked.

“Of course, I do love her” Jiyong replied firmly.

“So? Why you let her go?” Mrs. Kwon asked confused.

Jiyong didn’t say anything afterward.

“You know your words for her tonight really hurt her.” Mrs. Kwon said.

Jiyong nodded while he tries to hold his tears.

“... I know I'm hurting her badly, omma... but what should I do? You know how hurt my feels to saw those hate comment... I hate myself for didn't do anything to protect her. Anyhow, she kept keeping her burden by herself. How I get to know what actually her feelings are? How can I share her sadness? She made me look worthless.” Jiyong replied honestly about his feelings.

After he said that, his tears flow on his cheeks slowly. Mrs. Kwon saw his son crying, and she starts to cry.

“When I'm seeing her, I'm feeling bad... but to see her with someone else it's so hurt. My past give me fear to lose someone I loved. I'm scared to get hurt again... I'm scared to lose her... I can't control my feelings when seeing her with someone else... I feel so mad. But, when she's to lie to me... that's the worse things for me to accept to that lie.” Jiyong continue while crying.

Mrs. Kwon approach Jiyong and then she hugs him tightly. She rubs Jiyong hair softly to comfort him.

“I know... you're hurt but... why don't you let her explain the truth? She must have her own reasons to lie...” Mrs. Kwon said softly.

Jiyong didn’t respond her afterward.

“Jiyong, she's your wife... I know she loves you the most... you know that she's sacrifice her life just to marry you... I don't pay her... why would I do that if she's the one that oppose the marriage at first? Don't you think her sincere to be with you?” Mrs. Kwon asked try to make Jiyong realize the truth about Taeyeon.

“Omma…” Jiyong said but Mrs. Kwon interrupts him and then says

“If you're scared of losing her, then why you have to let her go? If you're scared to hurt then why don't you fight for your marriage? Show to everyone that you're happy to be with her. Prove them that Taeyeon are worth for you, not to give up on her... as I know, that's not what Jiyong will do.”

“Omma... if I make her to stay, she'll be hurt... I don't want that to happen...” Jiyong replied sadly.

“So... you tell me that you'll give up on her?” Mrs. Kwon asked curiously.

Jiyong didn’t answer her afterward.

Mrs. Kwon looks at Jiyong and then she says

“Sometimes, we feel some pain in our heart, but we still want to keep it. Why we do that?... Because of love, Jiyong... what make you think letting her go will make her didn't hurt? By letting her, you think she'll be happy? Don't do something that regrets you later, Jiyong.”

Jiyong sigh deeply while shake his head slowly.

“What should I do omma?” Jiyong asked confused.

“Go meet her... hear her explanation... talk honestly with her about your feelings... your thought... after that, if you still decided to let her go... then... I won't object to it anymore. Even thought, I feel sad, but I'll respect your decisions.” Mrs. Kwon said while wipe her tears.

Jiyong look at his mother and then hugs her.

“Arasso... I'll think about it. Thank you, omma.” Jiyong said softly.

 

 

NEXT DAY

KIM BUNGALOW

 

That day, Jiyong drive early in the morning to Jeonju just to meet Taeyeon. After last night thinking, Jiyong determined to be with Taeyeon no matter what will happen in the future. He can't bear to lose her because he knew that his heart is just for her. He did love Taeyeon so do her. That's make him decided to drive to Jeonju and meet her to apology.  

When he arrives, Mrs. Kim hesitated to get him in but Jiyong beg to her, and then she let him in.

“Eomeoni, I’m sorry for my words yesterday,” Jiyong said to apologies.

He bows to her for apology and then Mrs. Kim just went to him to stop him from bowing.

“Please, Jiyong. Don't do this. I know... you just miserable yesterday. But... you don't owe me the apology.” Mrs. Kim said.

“What are you doing here?” suddenly Jiwoong asked from the stairs after he saw Jiyong presence.

“Jiwoong…” Mrs. Kim said try to stop him from say anything.

“I’m here for my wife,” Jiyong said while stares at Jiwoong.

“Wife? Which one? The one that you let her go? Or the one that you hurt her feelings?” Jiwoong asked sarcastically.

Jiyong didn’t replied him after he said that.

“I know, I'm doing a mistake by hurting her... but let me see her. I have to see her...” Jiyong said with sympathy.

“For what? Hurt her more?” Jiwoong asked firmly.

“Jiwoong, please… don’t argue with him. Let them settle their things…” Mrs. Kim said try to persuade Jiwoong.

Suddenly, Taeyeon appear at the stairs and saw Jiyong.

“Taeyeon…” Jiyong call her name softly.

“If you have nothing good to say... leave. I don't want to see you.” Taeyeon said before she's going back to her room.

“So... you get the answer. Now leave!” Jiwoong said firmly while staring at Jiyong.

“Taeyeon!” Jiyong call her name while he chases her to the room.

Jiwoong try to stop him but Mrs. Kim just pulls his arm and then shakes her head slowly.

“But omma…” Jiwoong try to said but Mrs. Kim interrupt and then say

“Let them be”

Jiwoong sigh deeply while looking at the stairs.

 

 

 

Jiyong is standing in front of Taeyeon room door while knocks the door.

“Taeyeon…” Jiyong call her name.

“Leave! I don’t want to see you!” Taeyeon shouts from inside the room.

“I know I’m hurting you. I’m sorry…” Jiyong said to apology.

Taeyeon didn’t respond after he say sorry.

“Dear… please, let’s talk” Jiyong continue said.

“I don’t have anything to say to you” Taeyeon replied.

“No… don’t do this… we have to talk, dear” Jiyong said try to persuade.

“Why should we talk if you do not trust me?” Taeyeon asked while her tears flow on her cheeks.

“I’m sorry, dear. I’m sorry for doubting you,” Jiyong continue to apology.

“Just leave, Jiyong. I don’t want to see you. Go!” Taeyeon shouts to make Jiyong leave.

Jiyong didn’t say anything for a while. He just feel sad when Taeyeon continue push him away.

“I know my mistake, dear. I know I broke your heart with my words yesterday... I'm so fool for doing that to you.” Jiyong said afterward.

Taeyeon just keep silent in her room while listening to Jiyong words.

“I swear, dear. I do need you in my life. You're the best things that happen in my life. I don't want to lose you... Yesterday, I'm so stupid to make you leave, I'm such an idiot for not stopping you... I'm sorry...” Jiyong continue but this time he can’t hold his feelings anymore.

Jiyong cry while lean on the door. While, inside the room, Taeyeon is already crying after Jiyong said that.

At that moment, Taeyeon can feel Jiyong sincerity with his words. She's feel touched with his words, but her heart hurt can't be healed with that. Taeyeon bear all the burden, hurt and sadness alone j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter