I DON'T ING CARE, OKAY?

Way Back Home

Apaixonar:

 

To fall in love with someone or something;
The act of falling in love.
 


The venue for the marriage was a beautiful city. In the middle of clouds, on top of mountains. The place was beautifully white, surrounded by soft, sparkling snow. There was also a small lake close to the place where they parked the car for taking a break.

Baekhyun was overly joyed. But it kept giving chills to Chanyeol. Not because it was really cold, but because Kyungsoo had given him similar descriptions of his hometown.

But it can't be it, right?

"Where should we stay?"

Kai asked.

"At hyung's, obviously."

Sehun replied.

"No. I think we shouldn't disturb him so much. You guys are such an annoyance. I don't know how I keep up with you people."

Baekhyun said to everybody's annoyance.

"Shut up, Baekhyun!"

Kai said.

"You are the annoyance here!"

Sehun joined Kai in agreement.

"Yaahh! I am elder, call me hyung and you can't talk to me like that."

Baekhyun screamed to reply.

"Whatever."

Kai and Sehun said in unison and walked away together.

On watching the whole scene, Chanyeol burst into laughter. He laughed so hard at Baekhyun that he sat on the floor while Baekhyun kept glaring at him in frustration.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the younger before deciding to walk back to the car.

Chanyeol, on seeing this, got up and started running to catch up with Baekhyun and as soon as he reached close, he lifted Baekhyun off his feet and scooped the elder in his arms, lifting him in bridal style.

Baekhyun screamed due to shock. He wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck for support.

"Put me down!"

"Are you angry?"

"Of course I am!"

"Then I am not putting you down."

"What the Chanyeol? I am not your wife!"

"Oh, do you want to be?"

At this comment, Baekhyun's eyes widened and his cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"In your dreams, you !"

He screamed to get rid of his embarrassment.

"Hahaha."

Chanyeol laughed loudly at Baekhyun's reaction. He really didn't expect something so.. cute!

"You're cute Baekhyun."

"I am not cute! I am manly! Shut up okay."

"Okay."

Chanyeol replied and kept walking around in the snow with Baekhyun in his arms as if it was nothing. But the situation was too embarrassing for Baekhyun's male ego.

"Chanyeol-ah put me down naa."

Baekhyun whined.

He lips turned pouty and for some unknown reason, Chanyeol's knees went weak. Just seeing Baekhyun make that face was such a turn on that Chanyeol forgot to react.

"Pleaseee Yeol."

Baekhyun begged like a kicked puppy and Chanyeol just blinked and Baekhyun understood his trick worked.

He wasn't the heartthrob of his school for nothing! Girls, as well as guys, were crazy over him. He knew all the tricks that could make people want him in all nasty ways. Baekhyun was a naughty angel after all!

Chanyeol slowly put him down as if he was under a trance. And then Baekhyun straightened his shirt and dusted his pants before saying,

"I am still angry!"

And off he ran. Chanyeol came back to his senses and smashed his head with his own hand.

"!"

He cursed before smiling and running behind Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun stop!"

Baekhyun turned behind to reply to Chanyeol but his foot slipped and he fell into the ice cold lake in the middle of snow. Chanyeol, on seeing this, ran as fast as he could and dived into the lake.

What he forgot was the fact that he cannot swim!

He tried looking for Baekhyun but he couldn't see him anywhere around.

Baekhyun, who actually came out of the lake from the other end, was enjoying the site of a troubled Chanyeol. But that was until he sensed that Chanyeol was drowning.

Baekhyun came running and jumped back into the ice-cold river. He pulled Chanyeol out of the river but Chanyeol was already struggling with the water choking his nostrils, throat and all weird pipes inside his system.

As soon as they were on land, Chanyeol started coughing like a madman and Baekhyun, while rubbing his back, screaming at him like a madman.

"Why did you jump when you can't even swim! You tard! Are you retarded or what? What if something happened to go you? Answer me, you big idiot!"

Chanyeol has stopped coughing but did not answer anything. He kept glaring a hole in the ice on the ground.

"Yaaah! I am talking to you! Are you dumb? No one taught you that you shouldn't jump into lakes when you can't swim? You could have drowned, do you understand that? Have you lost your mind? Answer me Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol couldn't hold his anger anymore. Without thinking he grabbed Baekhyun by the arm and in a flash of seconds, Baekhyun was on the ground, his back slammed against the snow and both of Chanyeol's hands grabbing his upper arms while Chanyeol's body hovering over his own.

Baekhyun's face was inches apart from the man on top of him. And Chanyeol looked nothing but angry. The whole scenario can be summed up to a scared Baekhyun lying beneath an angry Chanyeol.

"Hey, you-"

Baekhyun tried to speak but before he could complete Chanyeol shouted in anger,

"Do you realize how ing scared I was? I thought you drowned! And I can't let anything happen to you! Do you get that?"

"But you can't even swim!"

"I DON'T ING CARE, OKAY?"

And Baekhyun couldn't think anymore. Chanyeol got up and walked away. Both of them were soaking wet in a place surrounded by nothing but ice but neither of them felt cold.

Their hearts kept beating like drums and their wet skins burning like coal. Baekhyun couldn't contemplate any of it. All he knew was the fact that Chanyeol, who met him 3 days ago, didn't worry about his own life for saving him.

And this had a deep impact on Baekhyun. No one has ever done something so worthy for him before. Baekhyun gulped and realized that Sehun and Kai were standing next to him screaming at him to bring him out of his daydream,

"Baekhyun!"

"Hyung why are you wet?"

"Get up. Let's go to the car, or you'll catch a cold!"

They helped Baekhyun in getting up from the snow and dusted the snow off his clothes. But Baekhyun couldn't worry about catching a cold right now. Cold was something he was least bothered about.

He sat in the car next to Chanyeol and the atmosphere was pretty awkward. But none of them said anything.

"Chanyeol why are you wet too? Guys, seriously what happened?"