Is he scary?

Way Back Home

All healing is first a healing
Of heart.

 

-Carl Townsend


 


It was Sunday.

Three days left to the day of marriage.

And everybody was freaking busy.

Sehun had to go to the caterers, Kai had to deal with the flower decorations, Jim and Namjoon have to go and buy their wedding suits, Baekhyun had to attend a patient over a call and Chanyeol, well, he was like everybody's helper running here and there so people could work in peace.

Kai left the house to meet the agent.

Sehun was on the laptop, planning the cuisines and curries to be served for the wedding.

Baekhyun was on the phone talking to his patient and discussing the problem.

After talking to the patient, Baekhyun was sort of stressed. The anesthetics he recommended to his patient had allergic reactions on the patient's skin. But for that, he needed to examine a good variety of anesthetic medicines. The kind that would suit the patient's skin. But how could he do that in the middle of another country?

Namjoon was about to leave with Jin for the shopping but got a call from his company's driver, Mr. Yun, which he immediately picked up.

"Yes, uncle Yun, the delivery must reach in time, I think you should proceed now."

"Sir, there's an emergency in my house. Can this delivery be shifted to another driver?"

"What emergency?"

"My wife suddenly went into labor, she might deliver the baby any time now. Please, can I take an off, sir?"

"Oh! Sure. You should head for it. I'll shift to another person."

Jin looked at Joon with big eyes.

"What emergency?"

"His wife went in labor. Just check if another driver is free?"

Jin quickly opened the phone and started checking their schedules.

"No. They are all busy right now."

Everybody in the house stopped their work and started looking at Joon and Jin. They were all confused.

Firstly, how can a driver call the boss directly?

Secondly, how did Jin check the company's schedule?

"I think I'll have to go to the hospital myself."

Namjoon said.

Baekhyun's ears perked up at word 'hospital.'

"Why are you going to the hospital?"

Baekhyun asked.

"I have to deliver products."

Namjoon said.

"What kind of products? What does your company make?"

Baekhyun enquired.

"My department is of neurologically active drugs. We make them under government supervision and authority and sell directly to hospitals and mental health centers."

"Do you include anesthetics?"

"Of course!"

"Great! I am going with you."

"Woah woah woah! Hold it, boy! I can't give you anesthetics."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said,

"I am a psychiatrist, Namjoon, not a drug addict."

Namjoon's eyes went as wide as possible.

"You're a psychiatrist? Jin you never told me! He looks like a high school student!"

And for that, he earned a smack on the head from Baekhyun.

"I did tell you!"

Jin said.

"No, you didn't."

"I did!"

"When?"

"Remember the time in your office, when we -"

Jin realized what he was saying and immediately shut his blabbering stupid mouth.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed so hard, and Sehun only rolled his eyes at the thought of his brother getting ed on an office table!

Damn it's not easy to adjust with your sibling's life.

Jin's cheeks flushed red and Namjoon became embarrassed.

"So that's why you don't remember Namjoon. You were focussed somewhere else. Baekhyun said while glancing towards Jin.

"Why at that time?"

Namjoon asked Jin.

"I was trying to distract myself, it was painful in the beginning."

Jin whispered.

"Guys we will discuss this later. Let's leave now!"

Baekhyun said.

"I am also leaving guys! Need to see these caterers."

Sehun said.

"Chanyeol, you come with me and Namjoon."

Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol smiled and said, "Sure." He loved it how Baekhyun would always remember about him. How he would never let him be alone. Even in this utter chaos, he would remember of Chanyeol. It was sweet on Baekhyun's part, and it made Chanyeol all giddy inside.

Jin kissed Namjoon goodbye as he left for shopping their wedding suits. But that is after Sehun had left. He felt awkward kissing Namjoon in front of Sehun.

Also, after the hard day of confessions, Jin actually became much more confident and carefree with Namjoon.

"Lovebirds, we are getting late!"

Jin giggled and left in the taxi.

Namjoon kept looking at the taxi until it vanished completely from their vision.

Baekhyun slapped his forehead with his palm and started shaking his head.

Chanyeol started shaking his hand in front of Namjoon's face to wake him up from the trance he was in.

They all left for Joon's manufacturing department and then took the van of drugs and started driving to the city hospital.

Namjoon was driving with Baekhyun in the passenger seat and Chanyeol in the back seat.

Baekhyun asked out of blue,

"Namjoon, your drivers are allowed to call you like that?"

"No, but uncle Yun is different."

Baekhyun tilted his head questioning.

"He is the oldest employee of our company. He works for me as well as dad. When dad kicked me out, I took 30% shares of the company and left. So, he was there to support me at that time. He even made me believe that father will accept Jin someday. He is like my real uncle."

Namjoon smiled.

"Oh. That's nice of him."

"Yeah."

"Did you ever go to your father again?"

"I didn't."

"Why?"

Chanyeol asked this time.

"It's not like I don't want to, but I am scared. I just don't know how to."

"Is he scary?"

Baekhyun asked.

Namjoon laughed at this. Baekhyun took out his phone and started recording.

"Why are you recording?"

"I just like how you're talking about him. I don't have a father so.."

Chanyeol was shocked to hear that. He never knew this. Then he realized how Baekhyun knew everything about him and didn't know anything at all. It hurt him. Nearly like a cut. Namjoon spoke breaking his chain of thoughts,

"He isn't scary. He is the best father. Definitely. He set up this business on his own even when the family was against it. He always taught me to stand up for what I feel is right. You know, every month he would take me to a field full of thyme flowers. Thyme symbolizes bravery and courage. And whatever I am, it's because of him."

Namjoon stopped the car as they reached the hospital.