Uncontrollable and crazy

Way Back Home

You find love
when
you least expect to.
And lose it
when
you're sure it's in your grasp.

 

- Ruskin Bond.
 

 

_


__________________________



 

Baekhyun didn't think twice before coming home with Sehun, however, he was caught in the consequences of his own actions. Sehun's expressions made it clear that the talk wasn't going to be casual or short. Baekhyun was thinking to himself about how he couldn't remember the last time he was caught in such miserable awkwardness.

His brain was, however, playing tricks on him. He wanted to stay in the moment but his thoughts would involuntarily stroll back to how Chanyeol was looking at Kyungsoo. And everytime the image formed in his head, his heart could feel the prick. Denying it was getting harder with every passing thought.

"Hyung!" Sehun said loudly to get his attention. Baekhyun, pulled out of his thoughts, looked up towards Sehun who was standing close to him and looking down on him. They were standing in front of the closed door of Namjoon's apartment. Baekhyun looked between Sehun and the door and understood that Sehun meant for him to open the door. His eyes widened a little out of realization and his lips formed an "o" shape as he quickly dug his hand in his pocket to pull the keys out.

"You okay? I called you the third time." Sehun mumbled slowly. Baekhyun was panicking internally when he said, "yeah-yeah, I'm fine." His fingers fidgetting nervously to find the right key and then he quickly unlocked the door and pushed it with his shoulder gently to open it and stepped inside with Sehun following behind.

After keeping the add-ons on the nearby table, Baekhyun tried his luck by carefully walking out of the room but his luck ditched him Sehun said, "Where are you going hyung?"

Baekhyun's breath was caught in his throat as he quickly turned around with an obviously nervous smile as he uttered, "I- uh. Shower?" He was half convincing Sehun that he wasn't running away and half pushing his luck further to run away.

Sehun started to unbuckle his watch as he said, "You can do that later. We need to talk first." His tone too serious to let any of Baekhyun's luck win. Baekhyun just nodded, resigning to his fate, before sitting on a couch. Both of them had taken off the blazers of their respective suits and were comfortable enough for a serious talk.

Sehun slowly walked to the couch, eyes to the floor, his body language was almost making Baekhyun's body tense. The fact that Baekhyun was good at reading moves and expressions wasn't helping in the current situation. Baekhyun had a fade idea of what all things Sehun could possibly say, but they were way too much for Baekhyun to accept so instead of thinking too much, he decided to just sit and listen.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked softly after Sehun sat down next to him. Both facing each other and Sehun took a deep breath before starting.



 

_________________________

 

Chanyeol was sitting to Kai's right. Both of them were sober. Or maybe, still sober was the right word. Chanyeol had had 3 glasses of beer and was currently handling a shot of vodka. Kai, on the other hand, had had 3 shots of vodka and was now dealing with his glass of scotch.

Both of them talking their asses out, blaming the alcohol, even after knowing that it wasn't at fault.

"And Sehun actually did that! Like he really did that." Chanyeol said.

"Of course! I knew he'd do that!" Kai replied.

"I mean, it was so cliche. Romantic and everything. He proposed to Baekhyun in the middle of those sunflowers! Can you believe it?" Chanyeol rambled.

"Yes, yes I know. Sehun gets so intense about things! Like there was this time where he made some Mexican bread for a whole month because he felt he wasn't perfect at. Can you believe it? Every ing day of the month we used to have that Mexican bread for breakfast until Sehun was content with his cooking skills. He puts nothing or all in." Kai said while giving so much emotion that Chanyeol could almost picture them eating Mexican bread every morning.

"But you know, Baekhyun rejected him straight away," Chanyeol said in a suddenly lower voice.

Kai did not say anything at that. He was just looking at the scotch, beautifully dancing in his glass as he swirled it.

"And what's more hurting is that he said that he cannot fall in love. That it's not something he c-can do." Chanyeol's voice started to get shaky by remembering Baekhyun's expressions.

Kai's expression changed from a lighthearted to a very critical one.

"Chanyeol you know what?" Kai said sternly.

"Hmm?" Chanyeol asked.

"I fell for Baekhyun too," Kai said looking at Chanyeol who was looking back at him with the kind of focus that nobody could say that he had drunk so much.

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something but closed it shut because hell, it was too much to absorb. He laughed awkwardly and said, "you're kidding right?" His eyes were almost as if pleading for a positive reply which never came.

Kai did not say anything. He just shifted his gaze from Chanyeol to his own feet. Chanyeol gulped, looking at his own hands uncomfortably. Kai was indeed serious about this. A haphazard of questions started running in Chanyeol's head like people running out of a building on fire. Uncontrollable and crazy.

'Have they been dating all this time?

Then why did he kiss me?
No, they can't be dating.

Were they a couple sometime back?

Why did they break it off?

Why do they still live together?'

Those questions were like a means of self-torment for Chanyeol. He could feel his insides twisting and his head going haywire. His expressions were no good at hiding his inner conflict.

"I don't think you're ready for this," Kai said before looking back at his glass before quickly bringing it close to his lips and downing the contents in one quick gulp. He placed the glass back on the slab with a sharp clink sound and stood up from his seat, ready to leave, but was stopped when Chanyeol mounted his own shot glass over his head and downed it in one go.

"I'm more than ready," Chanyeol said before pulling Kai back on the chair to his right. Kai looked at him and asked, "you sure Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol nodded once, slow and firm, before Kai took a deep breath, exhaled loudly and said, "Okay then."