You better not mess with him

Way Back Home

The free soul is rare,
but you know it
when you see it -
basically because you feel good,
very good,
when you are near or with them.

 

-Charles Bukowshi



 


_______________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun wake up!"

"Just 5 minutes Chanyeol-ahh."

"I've wasted half hour already in your never-ending 5 minutes."

"Just- just two more minutes Chan. Babe pleaseee."

Baekhyun whined in his sleep. The weather was cold, snow surrounding the house and stretching out to the roads. The clock read 5:30 am in the morning. And the only thing that one could be fond of at this moment was the incredibly soft and warm blanket. Obviously, Baekhyun wanted to sleep at any cost.

But in that half sleepy mind of his, he unintentionally called Chanyeol 'babe.' And yes, Chanyeol knew Baekhyun is in sleep and it meant nothing, but Chanyeol's heart was finding facts too hard to process and imagination, too easy to believe.

Chanyeol breathed out one last time and stood up while harshly removing the soft sheets offering warmth to Baekhyun.

"Arggghhh!"

But before Baekhyun could complain any further, Chanyeol scooped the elder in his arms securely and walked into the bathroom. The soft cotton ball, a.k.a Baekhyun nuzzled further into Chanyeol's chest, trying to gather any minimal amount of heat. He wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's torso and curled his body into a smaller ball so as to fit Chanyeol's arms more comfortably.

This lazy I tell you!

Chanyeol's heart was beating at the rate of a million miles an hour because come on, his crush was curled up in his arms and was acting super cute and adorable and lovable and kissable.

We all don't get that chance, do we?

But, Chanyeol also knew that Baekhyun will kill him later if he doesn't wake the elder up. He was anything but cute when awaken. He was a half-cracked, fully bonkers, diva and perfectionist, who cannot accept things if not done in his way and can kill you with his sass attitude yet be a kind and save lives, all at once. You better not mess with him.

So Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun one last time, mumbled 'sorry' and threw Baekhyun in a tub full of lukewarm water which he had already prepared for Baekhyun.

The rest goes without saying.

It was Chanyeol running in the bathroom, dodging the things that Baekhyun was throwing at him.

"But you told me to wake you up!"

"I didn't tell you to ing throw me in a bathtub, you Park ing Chanyeol!"

_______________________

" its already 6:30! We should be leaving before anyone wakes up." Baekhyun commented while locking the wristwatch on his left hand.

"Just because somebody couldn't wake up." Chanyeol teased.

"Just because somebody couldn't wake me up!" Baekhyun commented back.

"What the fu-" but before Chanyeol could complete, Baekhyun started dragging him outside their room.

"Shut up Yeol, we're getting late!"

______________________

The taxi driver was driving and Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sharing the back seat.

"At least now tell me where we are going." Chanyeol demanded.

"Ahjushi, please stop the car near a flower shop." Baekhyun said kindly to the driver before ignoring Chanyeol's question for the n-th time.

_______________________

"Where's Chanyeol and Baekhyun? I didn't see them all day. Where did they vanish?" Namjoon asked Jin.

"Baeky left me a text saying that they will be out all day today. Some important issue came up so they had to leave early in the morning." Jin replied while gift-wrapping the return gifts for the guests.

Sehun just nodded at this. He was obviously too worried about Baekhyun but also too annoyed with Baekhyun so he preferred not to ask anyone. On the contrary, Kai was aware of every goddamn nerve cell inside Baekhyun's head. He knew that if Baekhyun woke up early for something, then something surely is fishy.

__________________________

Baekhyun and Chanyeol returned exhausted after midnight. More like Chanyeol re his feet and Baekhyun on Chanyeol's back, enjoying his piggyback ride while sleeping.

Baekhyun fell asleep in the cab itself, so Chanyeol being the kind-hearted person he is, decided that it would be too cruel to wake Baekhyun up after such a long day and thus decided to give him a piggyback ride to their room. What a sweetheart!

So, Chanyeol entered the house carefully without making much sound, he switched on the lights and was shocked because he wasn't expecting to see Kai standing in front of the open refrigerator, having ice cream.

"Gosh! You scared the hell out of me!" Chanyeol said.

"Well that was the initial plan so I was sitting on the sofa with a torch, waiting for you guys, but then I got hungry." Kai laughed lightly.

Chanyeol laughed too and started walking to their room so that Baekhyun doesn't wake up. He tugged the sleeping beauty under the sheets and as he turned around, he was again shocked to see Kai standing on the door frame, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed on his chest and observing Chanyeol.

Kai did the action with his neck and eyes, telling Chanyeol to come outside. Both the boys walked outside and Chanyeol switched off the lights before leaving.

"Where did you guys go?"

"Why were you still up?"

Kai and Chanyeol asked each other together.

Chanyeol replied first, "Baekhyun told me not to tell anyone. But you'll see it for yourself tomorrow."

Kai nodded, then replied, "I can't sleep without making sure he's safe."

On hearing this, Chanyeol was obviously surprised but before he could ask anything, Kai said, "Like last time too you carried him to the hotel room."

Chanyeol's eyes popped out at this, "You.. You saw that?!"

"Told you, I can't sleep."

Chanyeol nodded, it was getting weirder. Kai spoke again, "But it's really unlike him to let anyone carry him."

"He didn't exactly let me. He just fell asleep and I decided to carry him." Chanyeol explained.

"You know, that's even more strange. He never sleeps or lets his guard down like that around people." Kai told.

Chanyeol didn't know what to say anymore. He was surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

"Chanyeol, he trusts you. Don't you ever break it." Kai said in a low, serious voice.

"Never." Chanyeol said.

"Chanyeol, it's Baekhyun, isn't it? The one you're in love with?" Kai asked.

Chanyeol gulped and said, "yes." It almost felt like a weight got lifted off his chest. Accepting himself was a new and exciting experience for Chanyeol. Not easy, but exciting.

"Kai, isn't it weird that you actually can't sleep without seeing B-"

But before Chanyeol could complete, Kai said, "It's pretty late Chanyeol. Go sleep. The wedding is tomorrow."

And Kai left, leaving Chanyeol with his unanswered questions and a beating heart, constantly reminding him of his acceptance towards his feelings for Baekhyun.