Love is one thing I can't do

Way Back Home

He's hot like,
the kind of hot
that makes you stop walking on the street
and
get hit by traffic.

 

-unknown


_______________

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Sehun kept looking at each other. Both of them with the lack of courage due to different reasons.

Sehun, who had a lot to say but didn't know how to. And Baekhyun, who didn't know what to say at all.

Saying that Baekhyun was oblivious to Sehun's feelings would be a lie. He knew Sehun had a special spot in his heart for him. But Baekhyun didn't think that Sehun would actually ever ask him out. Or maybe he didn't want to think of it. Like the escapist he is, he kept neglecting the topic. As if his negligence would make Sehun's feelings vanish. But his more thoughtful brain knew that this day would come sooner or later, no matter how much he pushes it away.

Baekhyun pursed his lips and tighten his grip on Sehun's hands and finally opened his mouth.

"Sehun, you are my sweetest little baby brother. And if love was something possible for me, it would surely have been you. But, you see, the problem here is me. Not you. There are things that have made me into who I am and this is a part of me now. Love isn't something in my capabilities."

Sehun's head bowed low as tears started welling his eyes.

"Hyung, c..can't you t-try once?"

"I am so sorry Sehun but don't expect me to love you. Love is one thing I can't."

Sehun's cries became audible now. Suddenly Baekhyun got a bit enthusiastic and said,

"Hey, if you wanna kiss or make out, that's okay. I don't mind. We can actually have if you want-"

And before Baekhyun could complete, a slap landed on his cheek.

Sehun looked up with his swollen red eyes and said,

"Don't. Don't you ever make fun of my feelings like that again. Ever again."

Sehun looked miserable. Tears rolling down his pale-white, wet cheeks. His eyes red and lips quivering. Baekhyun immediately realized that he was wrong to say what he said. But it was true. Physical contact wasn't something Baekhyun considered of any importance. He has gotten laid with numerous people, it didn't matter anymore.

Sehun stood up and walked back to the car angrily. Baekhyun was frozen in the same spot, his eyes following Sehun. He felt ashamed of himself. He didn't want to go back with Sehun but he didn't have an option.

Sehun glared at the older and Baekhyun immediately stood up and walked back to the car with his head hanging low due to guilt.

On the other hand, Chanyeol was numb inside the hut. All this was too much information to process for his simple little brain.

First, Sehun proposed to Baekhyun.
Second, Baekhyun rejected.
Third, Baekhyun had something which made him loveless.
Last, Baekhyun doesn't mind having with people he has no feelings for.

Chanyeol was feeling like trash for some reason.

Baekhyun knew all about him and he knew nothing about the other.

Also, the physical contact he shared with Baekhyun probably meant nothing to the other yet so much to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's heart was completely shattered with grief and hopelessness. He kept sitting there for few minutes until those minutes turned into hours. He didn't know how to go back.

He obviously couldn't ask Baekhyun or Sehun anything. Who can he even ask about Baekhyun's past?

Someone who has known Baekhyun for a longer time than he did.

Who knew Baekhyun better?

Kai!

Right.

Chanyeol finally stepped out of the field and realized that the sun was setting. The sunflowers were shining under the orange glow of the setting sun. The sight was a beautiful one, however, Chanyeol didn't see any of it. He had other plans covering the best of his mind.

__________________________

"What took you so long?"

Jin asked as Chanyeol entered.

"Nothing. Just that, I couldn't find them."

He said keeping the phones back.

He looked at Baekhyun who sighed in relief and then looked towards Sehun who had an expressionless cold face while watching a comedy show.

Well, he just got rejected. What else do you expect?

Chanyeol went to Kai's room (the guest room actually) and sat next to the younger who was on the phone. Kai kept his phone down and waved towards Chanyeol.

"What happened to you?"

Kai asked.

Chanyeol looked towards him, deciding whether he should tell him everything or not.

"Chanyeol, is it about Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol's eyes widened on hearing this.

"Okay, so what is it about him?"

Kai asked understanding Chanyeol's reaction.

"How do you know?"

"You don't look so worked up over any other matter."

Kai stated plainly.

"But? You just read my mind.."

"I've lived with a psychiatrist for 3-4 years of my life. This much I can understand people and their minds."

"Right."

Chanyeol agreed.

But before he could open his mouth, they were called out by Namjoon.

"Guys lets play something."

Jin said and Sehun just rolled his eyes.

"Yah! Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Whatever."

Sehun mumbled.

Baekhyun was desperately trying to get Sehun to talk to him. But there was no success yet.

"Yeah let's all of us play something."

Baekhyun said to Jin.

"Hyung, I am going to sleep."

Sehun said to Jin and starting walking out of the room.

Jin immediately held the younger by his wrist.

"No. We are all playing. Got it?"

"I don't want to."

Sehun screamed back which shocked Jin and everybody else in the room.

Jin left his wrist instantly and looked at him with scared, confused eyes. He walked away from the youngest and straight to Joon with sad puppy eyes and hugged the other.

Sehun's bad mood could scare anyone, even the eldest Jin.

Namjoon glared at Sehun and so did everyone else in the room, except Baekhyun, of course, who was just sad for Jin because he suffered anger Sehun had due to him.

"Ugh okay. I'll play."

Sehun said trying to get rid of the guilt in his stomach.

Baekhyun smiled widely at this. It could be his chance to talk to Sehun.

"So what are we playing?"

Chanyeol asked.

"Let's play some movie."

Namjoon said.

"Everybody would sleep on us again."

Said Baekhyun to Joon.

"Right. Let's do something else then."

"What about truth and dare?"

Said Kai, in a calm low voice.

Everybody's eyes sparkled at this. This game always ends better than expected. However, Sehun didn't have a good feeling about this game. On the other hand, Chanyeol was exceptionally grateful to Kai for this. Everybody had their own motives behind the game.

"Cool."

Said Namjoon, smiling widely.

Truth and dare it is, then.