This man is really something

Way Back Home

Healing is
embracing
what is most feared;
healing is
opening
what has been closed,
softening
what has hardened into obstruction,
healing is learning to trust life.

 


-Jeanne Achterberg

 

 

 


________________________

 

 

 



 


Namjoon and Chanyeol were helping the boys unloading the boxes full of different drugs.

These boxes were then carried to a cold storage. Namjoon went to see the hospital's head psychiatrist for getting the receipts signed, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun alone in the cold storage.

Baekhyun was wearing a soft pink-white sweater, black jeans, and his round glasses while carefully examining the anesthetic drugs to find the best one for his use.

Chanyeol was quietly staring at the older. He noticed how every time Baekhyun would read the chemicals mentioned on the bottle and pout lightly out of disappointment before keeping it back on the rack. His beautiful blond hair looked really soft and smelled on wildflowers. His doe eyes fixated on the bottle in his hand. And his shoulders shaking lightly.

Right!

His shoulders were shaking and his nose was getting red and Baekhyun used the back of his sweater's sleeve to wipe his wet nose.

He was feeling cold.

Chanyeol himself was wearing a soft cream- brown sweater and a dark jacket. He immediately removed his jacket and went closer to Baekhyun and clung the jacket to Baekhyun's back, stretching it to his chest.

Baekhyun was so busy reading that he didn't realize when Chanyeol walked to him. He flinched out of surprise and then turned around to face Chanyeol.

Their faces were too near to be comfortable. Baekhyun looked at the jacket hanging on his shoulders and then looked back at Chanyeol, who was holding it to his chest.

Chanyeol was staring back at Baekhyun in complete silence. His hands on both sides of the jacket to prevent it from falling. His eyes looking deep into Baekhyun's. Baekhyun's cheeks turned rosy. Chanyeol was fazed by Baekhyun's beautiful pale skin turning rosy in front of his eyes. And then his eyes shifted to Baekhyun's slightly parted lips. His lips were a pale shade of baby pink. Thin and a bit rough, they didn't look very soft or tender, yet they seemed like the most kissable pair of lips Chanyeol had ever seen.

'His lips look so beautiful.'

A thought crossed Chanyeol's mind.

Baekhyun noticed how Chanyeol kept starting at him and felt shy for some reason to be this near to Chanyeol. He was used to people staring at him, but Chanyeol's gaze was nothing like what he usually experiences. It was tender and soft.

A whole different level of delicate.

And that is what made Baekhyun shy under his stare.

Baekhyun averted his gaze immediately and softly mumbled,

"Thanks, Yeol."

Chanyeol blinked at Baekhyun's reaction and came back to his senses. Baekhyun's beauty draws him into an inescapable trance. He immediately stepped back and said, "Its nothing." while scratching the back of his neck.

Baekhyun wore the jacket and went back to searching for the anesthetic.

'What was I even thinking!'

Chanyeol mentally scolded himself.

He didn't understand why these thoughts started crossing his mind suddenly. Why everything Baekhyun did get him interested in. Why he would keep staring at the other without even realizing it. Why Baekhyun's movements seemed so delicate and beautiful. Why he got all giddy inside whenever Baekhyun would do anything for him.

It was all confusing. More like frustrating. Yet, Chanyeol didn't want it to be any other way than how it was. It was also strangely alluring.

Baekhyun picked up another bottle and adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose and started reading the contents.

"Yes! This is the one!"

Baekhyun screamed excitedly and turned to Chanyeol who was standing behind him. Without a warning, Baekhyun jumped on Chanyeol who caught him immediately while the older was screaming in happiness, "I found it. I found it!" And Chanyeol swirled around with Baekhyun on his chest, his feet crisscrossed around Chanyeol's waist and hands wrapped around Chanyeol's neck. Chanyeol's hands interlaced on Baekhyun's back, securely holding the excited baby in his arms.

They were both laughing and giggling until Chanyeol realized how fast his heart was beating at the sight of Baekhyun in his arms. How much he wanted this moment to last forever.

"Yahh! Put me down now."

Baekhyun said, laughing.

"Yeah."

Chanyeol replied but neither of them budged. Baekhyun looked back at Chanyeol and how innocent he looked. He looked down to Chanyeol's lips and felt a sudden urge of pressing his own lips to Chanyeol's. It was a moment of oblivion, where they both forgot about everything else around them except each other. Nothing in the world felt more important than tasting the other's lips.

Baekhyun, unknowingly, moved closer to Chanyeol's face, their lips almost a centimeter apart and both of them sharing an intense eye contact.

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Hurry up! Come here!"

Came Namjoon's voice from outside dragging them both back to reality and Baekhyun moved his face away in embarrassment and Chanyeol immediately put him back on the floor. They were both red as tomatoes and looking anywhere except each other.

"It was just in the moment."

Baekhyun mumbled to push away his embarrassment to which Chanyeol nodded even though it felt like cutting a wound on his heart.

Namjoon bashed inside, his eyes wildly searching for Baekhyun. As he found him, he immediately ran to him.

"What happen Namjoon?"

Baekhyun asked.

Without answering, Namjoon grabbed Baekhyun and ran out of the room with Baekhyun nearly tripping while trying to catch up with him. Chanyeol also-ran behind the two of them.