Kai's million dollar worth smile

Way Back Home

Dream, struggle, create, prevail.
Be daring, be loving.
Be compassionate, be strong.
Be brilliant.
Be beautiful.

 

-Caterina Fake
 

 

The pair took a taxi for going back home. This time there was no music. It was peacefully calm. Only the warm atmosphere and a comfortable ride. Baekhyun, feeling relaxed, dozed off to a light sleep. His head lightly rested on Chanyeol's shoulder. Chanyeol gently placed Baekhyun's head on his lap after removing his circular glasses.

Chanyeol looked at the elder's beautiful face but this gave him flashbacks of his past. He remembered how his love used to fall asleep on his shoulder, but now, everything was different. Everything was painfully over.

Chanyeol did not even realize when tears welled in his eyes and his lips started quivering while remembering the old days. Suddenly tears started rolling down his cheeks and some hot tears fell on Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked at Chanyeol who has gently placed him in his lap. His face looked blank but somehow full of pain. Tears kept flowing down his cheeks and Chanyeol was looking at nothing in particular. As if he was spacing out.

Those tears hurt Baekhyun for some unknown reason yet they were the most beautiful tears he had ever seen. Baekhyun was captivated by the sight. Chanyeol looked angelic while crying.

Baekhyun slowly got up and this pulled Chanyeol back to reality. Chanyeol quickly rubbed the back of his hand on his cheek to vanish the evidence of his embarrassment but Baekhyun quickly grabbed his hands to stop him from doing so. He moved closer to Chanyeol's face until they were inches apart. Then kissed his tears resting patiently on his cheeks. Chanyeol flinched but did not stop Baekhyun from doing so.

Comfort was all he longed for at that moment. And Baekhyun was the king of comforting people. Chanyeol started preparing his mind for a speech like 'Stop crying and grow up Chanyeol' but Baekhyun rather hugged the younger and said,

"It's okay to cry. Let it all out. I am with you."

And that was it. It was like his plain words cut like a knife into Chanyeol's heart. And the dam of his tears broke down. Chanyeol tightly hugged Baekhyun by the waist, pulling his hyung as close as possible and started crying. Pathetically and loud.

He tried to keep the muffled voices in but he couldn't help it anymore. The driver looked at them in concern but kept driving. Chanyeol finally stopped crying when they reached home. But his red eyes were enough to let anyone know the entire story.

_____________________

"What took you so long hyung?"

Sehun said after hugging Baekhyun then turned towards Chanyeol and understood the answer of his own question. He sighed before letting them in.

"Guys the cab will reach in 10."

Kai said and everyone else nodded.

__________________

"Hyung please let me sit with you!"

Kai said extremely softly with his million dollars worth smile. And obviously, who can resist Kai's smile?
No One!

Baekhyun melted in adoration. Kai was a really handsome man with beautiful biscuit coloured skin. Baekhyun leaned slightly towards the younger and kissed him 'half-on-the-ear-and-half-on-the-cheek' kinda kiss.
Then winked and said,

"Sure boy."

And Kai was on the seventh cloud already! After all, who wouldn't be? We are talking about Baekhyun here!

But little did they know that the whole scene was witnessed by a fuming Sehun and an awkward Chanyeol.

___________________

It was close to 2 am when Baekhyun fell asleep leaning on the window with Kai sleeping peacefully in his lap. Sehun too was asleep in the seat behind Kai's and Baekhyun's. But Chanyeol was wide awake. He kept looking outside the window, letting the cold breeze hit his features.

He was trying to figure out what he was doing in a car with three people who hadn't known a week ago, and now he was going to one of their's wedding.

Even though he didn't hate it, but it was just strange. He hardly knew Sehun or his brother.

He turned to look at the pair sleeping peacefully in the seat in front of them. He couldn't help but find Baekhyun adorable in his sleep. This immediately brought a smile on his dry lips. He couldn't resist but compare Baekhyun to his love. They were both beautiful but Baekhyun was a healer of the wounds his love gave him.

Then Chanyeol turned towards Sehun only to find the boy staring back at him with wide eyes.

"Oh my God! Damn you scared me."

Sehun just blinked and asked,

"He is beautiful isn't he?"

He eyes pointing at Baekhyun.

"Truly."

Chanyeol replied. Then turned completely towards Sehun and asked,

"Sehun, how did you meet him?"

Sehun's eyes shot up towards Chanyeol then back at Baekhyun then asked Chanyeol,

"What do think of es?"

"Well, they are people too."

Satisfied with Chanyeol's cringe-free answer, Sehun decided to reveal his past to Chanyeol.

 

__________________