Pancakes

Way Back Home

Love isn't,
"You're perfect in every possible way and henceforth I love you."
Love is,
"I know you're a ing psychopath, and I'm willing to work with that."
 










 

The next morning was particularly haphazard in every possible sense. Chanyeol was literally unable to comprehend most things being told to him, due to a terrible hangover, which irritated Baekhyun to the most.

It was still fine when Chanyeol took a bath with his clothes on, but it wasn't fine when he dumbly looked at Baekhyun who was asking for their tickets at the airport.

So instead of looking for tickets himself, he decided to grumble at Chanyeol for a good 10 minutes and then called Kai, asking about the tickets.

"It's in the small pocket at the back of the sea-blue American Tourister bag."

"I don't know what I'd do without you Kai."

"Get used to it, " Kai said with a chuckle, but the words hurt a ton for Baekhyun.

Soon they were flying back home. And it wasn't surprising when they both fell asleep on each other, since last night kept them both sleep deprived for different reasons.

So when Baekhyun was unlocking the main door of their house, the first thing he asked Chanyeol was, "What do you wanna do?"

"Sleep."

"Good, me too, " Baekhyun replied yawning.

But when Chanyeol started following Baekhyun to their room, Baekhyun stopped midway to speak, "You can take a room of your own, now that they have both left, " his voice low and a little hesitant.

Baekhyun's back was facing Chanyeol, so Chanyeol tugged at his wrist and turned him around and spoke, "but I wanna room with you." "Why?" Baekhyun asked almost immediately as if he needed to hear this. He needed to feel wanted.

"I am scared of sleeping alone." It wasn't exactly true, but Chanyeol didn't want to say, 'Cause I like sleeping next to you.'

Baekhyun burst out laughing, even though he was more than a little disappointed on hearing that answer. He was trying his best to deny his own strange behavior when it came to Chanyeol, but it was getting tougher in the past few days.

He especially couldn't reason out his own outburst when Kyungsoo showed up. And just the mere thought made Baekhyun feel his insides twisting. He was dying to know what happened between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo but didn't want to sound like a possessive, intrusive jerk.

Few 20 minutes later, Chanyeol was deep in sleep next to Baekhyun who couldn't stop thinking of the wildest possibilities, few being like,

What if Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are in a long distance relationship.

"Argh!" Baekhyun got up and started shaking his head in disappointment.

"Screw it!" He said before finally sitting up straight and shaking the life out of Chanyeol. "Wake the up, Yeol!"

"Huh-uh?" Chanyeol opened his eyes, mind registering Baekhyun's face in front of his own.

Okay, it's just Baekhyun.
Just Baekhyun.
Face in front of mine.
Right in front of mine!
ing close!!
Byun-ing-Baekhyun!!!

Chanyeol's eyes opened wide when his mind finally analyzed the situation and he abruptly jumped up, bouncing like a spring. His head hit on the headboard, making a loud bang sound.

"Aaahhh!" He screamed in pain, and quickly placed his hand on his head.

Baekhyun slapped his shoulder and loudly said, "Idiot! Can't you move carefully?"

"Can't you wake me up slowly?" Chanyeol growled back.

"Whatever, " Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

"Why did you wake me up?" Chanyeol asked, still screaming.

"Uh, I- uh, actually, I wanted to- to-"

"What is it Baek?" Chanyeol asked with drooping eyes.

"I am hungry!" Baekhyun blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

"So?" Chanyeol nearly growled.

"I want to eat.. Pancakes! An-and I can't kook."

"So what Baek? You woke me up for pancakes? Seriously!" Chanyeol was still very much sleepy but couldn't remain sleepy anymore when Baekhyun said, "Yeol-ah, won't you kook for me? Please!" And Chanyeol forgot the meaning of the word 'sleep, ' 'what is sleep? Who even sleeps?' That puppy face of Baekhyun's is like the key to every lock in Chanyeol's heart and soul.

"Okay, I'll kook for you." Chanyeol said and started stepping out of the bed. On his back, Baekhyun had a victory smile plastered on his face as he followed Chanyeol to the kitchen like a little pup follows his owner- happy and playful.

So while Chanyeol was cooking, (and not kooking) Baekhyun just sat there and enjoyed the view. After all, it was worth watching. Chanyeol moving around the kitchen, mixing ingredients and every now and then he would look around the slab searching for something. His brown hair resting peacefully on his forehead, and his eyes focussed on the burner while he cooked the pancakes, effortlessly. He knew what he was doing. And something, was really y about it. How his movements were absolutely clean and how he would subtly push his hair back but they would soon fall back on his head. And Baekhyun was more than fascinated. Especially when Chanyeol turned around, his broad back on exposure. And then he reached out for a jar kept on the top shelf, the muscles of his back tensed and then relaxed.

Baekhyun found it unfair. He always had to ask Sehun for getting stuff from the top shelf but Chanyeol needed no help. 'Thanks to that tall and y physique.' Baekhyun thought to himself. 'The hell am I even thinking?!" Baekhyun snapped at himself, hitting the side of his head softly.

And then Chanyeol turned around, this time a cheeky grin garnishing his pretty pink lips. "I've made four pancakes, but if you wanna stare more I'll make one more." Chanyeol said in a flirty voice, thumb grazing his lower lip and slightly pulling it, ever so teasingly.

Baekhyun was like caught red-handed. His eyes widened and he immediately looked down at his lap, fingers fidgetting clumsily and mind searching for a reply. He has never seen Chanyeol like this!

Hell, Chanyeol has never seen himself like this!

"I- I wasn't staring at you." Baekhyun muttered.

"Oh, I never said me. I thought it was the food you were staring at, was it me then?" Chanyeol replied, paying all his attention to Baekhyun now. Kai told Chanyeol that Baekhyun treated him differently. And that gave birth to a new found hope in Chanyeol's heart. Because hell, Kai could read Baekhyun like a book.

Baekhyun's face was competing a tomato now. His embarrassment couldn't increase any more. He stepped into Chanyeol's trap and fell face first. What he was hating more was his dropping confidence and a giddy feeling rising in his chest. And Baekhyun's reactions were a proof that Chanyeol wasn't making things up in his head.

Maybe he did have a chance with Baekhyun.