Sehun's just sassy

Way Back Home

Inside each one of,
There is the seed of both good and evil,
It's a constant struggle
As to which one will win.
And one cannot
Exist
Without the other.

 

-Eric Burdon

 

_______________________



 

"Wedding? What wedding?"

Kai asked in bewilderment.

"Seokjin hyung's wedding! Of course."

"Oh."

Kai relaxed.

"What did you think?"

"I thought Baekhyun."

"WHAT! NO! I don't even call him hyung behind his back."

"Right. I got so shocked that I forgot! Haha."

Chanyeol could hardly make sense out of their words.

"Who's Seokjin hyung?"

Chanyeol asked.

"His real brother."

Kai answered.

"And why do you not call Baekhyun your 'hyung' behind his back?"

Sehun rolled his eyes at the statement and said,

"Now tell me seriously, when I and Baekhyun stand together, who looks like the hyung?"

Chanyeol huffed mockingly because obviously, there's no denying the fact that Baekhyun does look like a high schooler. Rather, a fragile high school boy who might get bullied by everyone in the school.

But behind that soft skin, resided an authoritative monster who craved power and ruled with his wisdom. But this truth was known only by the squad that Baekhyun collected in his home. The squad he gave life to.

So coming back to the point, Chanyeol asked another thing,

"Why do you call him hyung on his face?"

Sehun this time shook his head sideways and rolled his eyes and replied,

"Because he likes being called hyung. And I like to make him happy."

Chanyeol was awestruck at Sehun's reply because his words and actions didn't match at all.

"So when is the wedding?"

Kai asked.

"Today is Saturday and wedding is on next Wednesday. And we are leaving today!"

"Did you tell Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol asked innocently.

But Sehun just shook his head harder this time and went to his room to pack without answering.

"Hahahaha!"

Kai started laughing at the scene and stopped when Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at him.

"Baekhyun is the first person to know anything that happens with Sehun. Be it good or bad! As if Sehun would tell us before Baekhyun!"

Chanyeol nodded in understanding.

"Don't you think that kid is rude?"

Chanyeol asked in almost a whisper.

"Sehun's just sassy."

Kai replied casually.
 

_______________________



 

Baekhyun came back early from the hospital that day. After getting the hug from Sehun and having Kai's special coffee, he took Chanyeol to shop before leaving for the trip since the younger had no clothes.

They both took a taxi and went to the mall. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was listening to the music with eyes closed and softly humming along with it, Chanyeol was confused that whats gentler? The wind flowing from outside the window of the car or the person lying next to him.

Baekhyun's soft blond hair was resting lazily on his forehead and his voice was sweeter than honey. Anybody could get mesmerized! And Chanyeol was no exception.

So when they finally arrived, Baekhyun regained his puppy-like energy and went straight into the mall for shopping. Chanyeol, on the other hand, was being reluctant to buy since Baekhyun was going to pay.

He chose cheap clothes which Baekhyun discarded without a second thought while telling Chanyeol his choice is ridiculously pathetic. Then he took it on himself to buy presentable clothes for Chanyeol. This made the task easier since Chanyeol accepted anything and everything that Baekhyun chose.

After shopping, they went for lunch in McDonald's. Chanyeol told Baekhyun to rest and took his order and went to the counter. After all, Baekhyun had a long day at the hospital and then overworked himself while selecting clothes for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol patted his forehead and said,

"You rest, I'll bring it."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

And out of blue, Chanyeol bent closer to Baekhyun who was sitting on the chair and placed one hand on the elder's forehead and lightly kissed on Baekhyun's hair. His eyes immediately popped out on contemplating his own actions. He quickly moved away and to avoid making it awkward and ran to the counter to get the order.

Little did he know that the attendant was fangirling over them!

He gave his and Baekhyun's order and patiently waited there itself to give himself time so he could act normal again with Baekhyun. And by that he meant, pretending that he never kissed Baekhyun's hair. But Baekhyun wasn't shocked. Unexpected affection was something Baekhyun has made himself comfortable with. He's living with Sehun and Kai, what do you expect?

'Why on earth would you do that Chanyeol!'

He mentally scolded himself.

The attendant on the counter brought the first tray and placed in front of him while saying,

"This one's for you."

Then placed the second plate while saying,

"And this one's for your boyfriend."

And winked while ending the sentence. Chanyeol was midway saying thank you which got choked in his throat on hearing her comment. His cheeks got flushed with embarrassment and he quickly picked up both trays before bowing slightly to her and leaving. Her comment destroyed the cool look he was trying to create all that time!

"What happened to you? You look... Red."

Baekhyun asked in confusion.

"Nothing... Ha-ha. Its- it's just hot in here."

"Chanyeol, it's November."

Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger and he quickly picked up his coke and started looking at anything which wasn't Baekhyun.

Baekyun just shrugged it off and started gulping down the delicious food in front of him. Baekhyun was really hungry!

They finally decided to leave or else Sehun would eat them up alive. They had a journey to cover at night.

Way to Seokjin's wedding.