Kyungsoo is.. no was, my bestfriend

Way Back Home

Coarse the rush-mat roof 
Sheltering the harvest-hut 
Of the autumn rice-field; 

 

And my sleeves are growing wet 
With the moisture dripping through. 

 

-Tenchi tenno
(100 poems, 100 poets)


 

 

_


___________________________


 

It was  4:13 am in the morning when Baekhyun woke up. He had a problem of not being able to sleep on someone else's bed. Even though they were away from home, Baekhyun had a strong urge to sleep in his own bed.

He looked around to find Chanyeol sleeping like a big baby next to him. The entire sequence of events played in his head. He sighed at his own self for thinking so evilly about Chanyeol. He tried getting up but some hindrance stopped him from doing so. He removed the sheets and saw Chanyeol's arm wrapped securely around his waist. He smiled lightly.

Something about Chanyeol always made him soft. His mind would become all cotton-like on seeing Chanyeol. Chanyeol carried a very tender attitude which Baekhyun had developed a liking towards.

He bent down so that his face was close to Chanyeol's face. He carefully observed the younger's features. His messed hair strands resting peacefully on his head, his forehead, his closed eyes, his thin eyelashes, his long eyebrows, his cute nose, his pinkish lips, his slightly open mouth, his pale cheeks, and high cheekbones, his big ears.

Baekhyun carefully placed his hand on Chanyeol's cheek and softly kissed his forehead. Then got up and removed Chanyeol's arm from his waist and stood up while deciding to go back to the hotel before Sehun or Kai would get to know.

But there was a little problem.

Who is going to carry this big baby?

Of course.

Baekhyun!

___________________________

Baekhyun managed to get Chanyeol on his back and carried the boy to the taxi.

Even though it was a task of great difficulty, Baekhyun somehow managed to accomplish the mission after taking a million pauses to breathe.

After all, it not a joke to carry a full grown man, and that too, as tall as Chanyeol.

"Why are you so heavy Yeol?!"

Baekhyun said to himself while he was waiting for the lift to open.

He had already reached the hotel, now he only had to carry Chanyeol to their room. Achievement with a little tragedy!

He was carrying Chanyeol in his arms, bridal style.

At least trying to.

______________
 

Chanyeol felt his insides burning, his head throbbing and everything shaking. But that was until he felt an arm under his back and another around his legs.

He slowly managed to open his eyes and his blurry vision started clearing up. He looked upwards and found Baekhyun looking down at him. And not only that but also the fact that Baekhyun was carrying him around in the hotel.

Chanyeol instantly wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's neck, obviously scared of falling down while doubting the other's intentions.

"Yahh, why are you carrying me?"

"Cause you passed out on me."

Baekhyun said it in a casual manner as if it was nothing. They were already entering their room now.

Baekhyun's words hit him like a comet hitting the earth's surface. Like fire. And just with the same speed, all memories flashed like a quick movie inside Chanyeol's head.

"!"

Chanyeol cursed lightly under his breath. All his enthusiasm and curiosity dying to give birth to a cold, sorrowful Chanyeol.

Baekhyun carefully put him on the bed and then himself crawled on the other side and lied on the bed like dead weight while constantly rubbing his arms which were hurting due to carrying the big baby next to him.

"Damn, you're heavy Yeol!"

"Sorry."

Before Baekhyun could ask anything, Chanyeol ran to the bathroom with one hand placed on his mouth preventing himself from dirtying the room.

Baekhyun ran after the boy and found Chanyeol throwing up at the sink. Chanyeol's legs had given up on him. Alcohol wasn't something he could handle gracefully.

Baekhyun sighed. He had expected it. Chanyeol was as wasted as a teenage kid drinking for the first time.

He sat down next to Chanyeol and slowly started rubbing circles on his back. Chanyeol on the other hand, was embarrassed to have Baekhyun by his side when he was in such a state. But Baekhyun showed no signs of disgust, which helped in easing Chanyeol's aching soul.

After emptying his stomach, Chanyeol opened the tap to let it all drain and also to wash his swollen face. He sat in the marble floor of the bathroom itself and Baekhyun sat right next to him.

They shared mutual silence for a while before Baekhyun decided that he needed answers.

Baekhyun stood up and sat in front of Chanyeol before crossing his arms on his chest and said in a demanding voice,

"You left me at the restaurant to go to the bar and get wasted like a pig?"

Chanyeol shook his head while keeping it low. He was no position to talk after what has happened.

"Then, why?"

Chanyeol didn't speak anything.

"Yahh! You have to tell me! And who is this Kyungsoo guy?"

Chanyeol's face shot upon hearing Kyungsoo's name but he was unable to utter a single word.

Not like he didn't want to tell Baekhyun, but more like he just couldn't.

It was like a conflict inside his head. He was like the water at an estuary. No matter how much he wanted to remain a part of the river, but he had to flow into the sea. And the hardest part of the journey is the phase of transition. The point where the sweetness of the river gets absorbed into the salt of the sea. It's inevitable.

He knew he had to tell Baekhyun, but the delta separating the river from the sea seemed too high for him.

He didn't realize but tears started welling in his eyes. Baekhyun held his face in his own hands very tenderly and said,

"Chanyeol-ah, no matter what it is, my opinion about you won't change. I'll always be your hyung. And I'll be there for you, so trust me and just spill it out."

Chanyeol's hesitation was eased to a great extent on hearing those soft, accepting words from Baekhyun. He gulped one last time before finally allowing Baekhyun into his painful past.

He released a breath that he wasn't aware he was holding and started unveiling the covers from his well-closeted life.

"Kyungsoo is.. no was, my best friend."