Finding

Way Back Home

I think it's beautiful
the way you sparkle
when you talk about
the things you love

 

-Atticus


________________

 

 

 

 

The empty beer bottle rolled on the floor and stopped to Jin's bad luck.

No, it did not stop on Jin but on Namjoon, however, the question asked by Kai was embarrassing only for Jin.

"Tell us how you two met and all that."

Kai said excitedly.

Jin's ears perked up at it and a lump appeared in his throat.

"Uhh. Hahaha. Okay, so it began when he came for a job interview."

"What?!"

Baekhyun said.

"Job interview?"

Sehun repeated.

"Yeah," Namjoon said timidly and Jin nodded shyly.

"So like my dad needed a secretary I was responsible for the selection. When I saw his resume, it wasn't very impressive. I actually threw it into the bin."

"How dare you throw my brother's resume?"

Sehun said balling his fists.

"Relax Sehun. He's also my soon-to-be-husband."

Jin blushed at Namjoon's words.

"So, the candidates who got selected were called in. I just casually walked out to the ones left to tell them that they weren't selected. There were like 10 people there.

And then I saw him.

I legit forgot how to speak. Everybody was formally dressed except him. He was wearing a sky blue polo with black pants and a brown belt. His hair were coffee brown and his eyes! Damn his confused shy eyes were like the most beautiful thing I had ever seen."

"I never believed in love at first sight" said Kai.

"Neither did I, until I met him."

By this time, Jin was as red as a tomato.

"Please continue man! How did you get him then?"

"The receptionist noticed I was starting at him for too long.
Even the other candidates did.
Even he did!
And his cheeks blushed.

I still remember, my mind kept screaming inside that I am making it all awkward, and everybody is probably thinking that I am insane, but my heart just didn't care at that moment. I didn't give a about anybody at that moment. I just wanted to stare at him as long as possible."

Namjoon broke out into a laughter, before continuing,

"But then the receptionist got up and said, ' I am sorry but the selection process is complete and you people are free to leave.' I didn't hear a word she said until people started walking out."

"."

Said Chanyeol.

"Don't interrupt Chanyeol. You continue, Namjoon."

Said Baekhyun while slapping Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Okay so then, these people got up and walked out and I kept standing there like an idiot. Like, I actually him let him walk out. But you know at that moment, I didn't know what I was feeling and I had no clue what was happening."

"He was always an idiot." Said Sehun to Jin, pointing at Namjoon. To which Namjoon just rolled his eyes and continued.

"So then after they all left, so did I. But when I reached home, it suddenly hit me, almost as if I was pulled out of a trance. It was like getting slapped across your face. I saw someone I was genuinely interested in and let him slip by?

Like I should have at least taken his number!

And that reminded me about his resume! Like , his resume would have his details! So then I got into my car and drove back to my office.

When I reached and I started searching like crazy. Almost like a lunatic. But it was nowhere. I kept searching all the files and didn't realize when I fell asleep on the floor. Next morning, the cleaner woke me up. He had the bin in his hand and that reminded me that I threw his resume! So I quickly got up and started searching inside the bin.

But to my bad luck, it was empty. The cleaner had already cleaned it. I sat down on the floor in frustration and disappointment while the cleaner kept staring at me with confusion. Almost as if I have gone crazy. Not his fault though.

A week passed and I couldn't find a trace of him. Then on the next Sunday, I was just passing a street when he I saw him on the other side of the street. He was playing with a stray dog. But then before I could cross the street, the green light turned red and the traffic blocked my view. And by the time the traffic cleared and I was ready to run to him, he wasn't there anymore."

Jin giggled and Baekhyun audibly laughed at Namjoon's deflated tone.

"Yet I ran to that corner of the street, and tried my level best to locate him but obviously, no success at all.

Every Sunday for the next few weeks I would go to the same corner of the street, test my luck, and return back with a the kind of aura that one would have after losing a war.

So, 4 months completed and my heart started losing hope. Soon, 6 months completed and I gave up entirely on the idea of finding him. This time, I randomly started walking but somehow, almost as if bound by habit, I reached the same corner and just like always, he wasn't there and but I kept walking into the street and stopped near a coffee shop."

Everybody was so focussed. Almost as if they don't know if the couple would ever get to meet each other or not?

Forgetting entirely that they are both sitting next to them having the same coffee as them!

"I gave my order and sat on a secluded table and started making up my mind that I have to give up on him. That I should move on and focus on my life. Probably we weren't meant to be anything. Or what if he was a homophobic? And I should get rid of this feeling of emptiness, and then a coffee was placed in front of me and I lifted up my chin to say 'thank you' but what I saw was like a dream out of my wildest dreams. He was standing in front of me, wearing a waiter's waste apron, looking absolutely adorable."

Everybody audibly gasped.

"My mouth was left hanging. But before he could walk away this time, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug. He was so shocked and awkward, and his heart was beating so fast out of nervousness. But I couldn't care less at the moment.

I remember, I started mumbling 'thank you,' repeatedly and, God, he was hell confused! I wanted to ask him out right there, but somehow I managed not to listen to my heart."

"Namjoon, you stop. Jin why didn't you kick him in the balls?!"

Baekhyun asked panicking.

"I was scared to do anything at all. Plus, he didn't harm me in anyway. I almost thought he mistook me for someone else."

"Oh," Kai mouthed.

"Then?" Chanyeol asked.

"Then I said to him, 'sir you are mistaking me for someone else.' " Jin said.

"But then I said to him, 'No I'm not. Because I want you.' "

Said Namjoon.