Annoying workmates

Way Back Home

Before you try to
Heal them,
Make sure you have
No open wounds.


 

 

_


____________________________


 

Kai had it all set. Clothes were ironed, the bouquet was ready, the cab was prebooked and so was the expensive table at Baekhyun's favorite restaurant.

Yes, Kai was all set. Moreover, his proposal was planned. He had memorized it properly and recited it to himself in front of the mirror quite too many times to falter. However, the thought of reciting it to Baekhyun still made shivers run down his spine.

He wanted to ask Baekhyun out. He wanted to ask Baekhyun to be his boyfriend, properly. And he was more than prepared. It was the perfect day, perfect timing and nothing could go wrong. He was only waiting for Baekhyun to return from work so he could take him out for dinner and surprise him-

Kai's chain of thoughts was broken when his phone rang. He picked it up and smiled when he saw "Baeky🌹" flash on his screen. He immediately clicked the green symbol only to hear a crowd of different voices blabbering in the background.

"Hello, Baeky?"

"Slow it down, guys. I'm on the phone. Y-yeah, hello? Kai?" Baekhyun said from the other side.

"Yeah Baek what's that noise around you?"

"Oh, it's nothing, these office people celebrating my birthday," Baekhyun said, louder than required.

"Oh."

"Hey Kai, these people want a treat at the bar. And I can't refuse. So I'll be heading with them. You don't have to with for me tonight." Baekhyun said nonchalantly, unaware of the effect it had on Kai.

Kai fell quiet. The cab, the restaurant, the proposal... Everything was ready..

"Hey, are you there?" Baekhyun asked when the silence stretched too long to be comfortable anymore.

"Yeah," Kai said in a low voice.

"You sound weird?" Baekhyun sensed the discomfort in his voice.

"You think? " Kai said, growing salty about the situation.

"Spit it, Kai, " Baekhyun said slowly.

"You're imagining , " Kai snapped angrily.

"As if, " Baekhyun said. Kai grew silent for a few seconds before he spoke up again,

"I'm coming with you. "

Baekhyun chuckled loudly to intensify Kai's annoyance, "Somebody wants to keep a check on me?"

"Whatever, " Kai mumbled.

"But you can't, " Baekhyun said in a suddenly serious tone.

"And what's gonna stop me? "

"Me. I told you Kai, you're not allowed to drink. Not with that disorder. " Baekhyun said in a softer, lower tone.

"Won't drink. At all, " Kai said immediately, reassuring the elder.

"Umm, it's not like you're going to listen to me, " Baekhyun said in a lighthearted tone.

"Thanks, " Kai said and Baekhyun could feel he was smiling in the phone, so being the tsundere he is, he ended the call with " Whatever."

The next couple hours were spent in calling the taxi firm and the restaurant and canceling the bookings, giving them lame excuses and paying the cancellation charges. No doubt Kai felt angry, grumpy and disheartened. Also, it's all over now since Kai cannot ask Baekhyun out in a smelly, sweaty, gross local bar selling cheap alcohol. Definitely not.

So Kai decided to postpone the plan, to say the least. He did not even dress up into anything nice or fancy, neither did he take a cab for going to the bar. He decided to walk that distance because, yes, he needed time to calm himself down before seeing Baekhyun. He cannot be angry at the boy, it's his birthday after all!

So in a casual hoodie and pajamas, Kai started jogging to the bar. Soon, he was entering the crowd and the alcohol smell flooded his nostrils. He took a deep breath and repeated his mantra "Baekhyun said 'no alcohol.' "

And when he reached the bar counter, he could easily recognize the people sitting at a little distance from him. He has seen them at Baekhyun's office or at least seen their pictures decorating the otherwise empty walls of the office since Kai would only visit in the late hours when Baekhyun decides to forget about the ticking clock and his buzzing phone.

Kai looked around, his eyes searching for a familiar face. Baekhyun wasn't with his workmates so Kai stood up from the seat that he was sitting on and looked around but got distracted when one of Baekhyun's colleague's said, "I really wanna bed him. "

"Yeah right, that little got some really nice . "

"Truly. Only if he wasn't the head, I would've already gotten him in bed. "

Kai's throat went dry and his eyes widened like saucers. Every once in a while, Baekhyun would complain about how 'annoying' his workmates were but Kai never imagined it would be annoying in this sense. No wonder Baekhyun isn't sitting with them.

Kai was growing angrier by the second because of their laughs. One of them was now saying something about how Baekhyun is a manwhore since he lives with a guy who isn't even his boyfriend or relative.

"Yeah, I heard he just got him from somewhere since the boy had no one to claim him. "

"Of course, he wouldn't have gotten him to just take care of him. "

And Kai abruptly sat down on the chair next to theirs and ordered a beer bottle. He knew Baekhyun told him not to, but there was no way he could control his anger without alcohol. His head felt heavy and blood was boiling. He drank 2 glasses to soothe his nerves when one of them pointed to the crowd and said, "Just look at him. What a !"

And Kai turned to the direction he was pointing and saw Baekhyun dancing with a random stranger. His hips moving to the rhythm of the loud music. His body moving in an intoxicating manner. He was so effortlessly beautiful and then those people next to him started laughing as they called him dirty names.

And Kai didn't even realize when his split personality disorder started breaking loose. He was getting super aggressive without even realizing. His head was getting dizzier, his eyes felt burning and his insides starting suffocating him. And soon, he was seeing red. He stood up and punched one of those men. Another one got up to fight back, but this side of Kai was way too aggressive and strong for any of them to control. People started crowding near the commotion but no one tried to interfere. Soon 3 of them had bleeding noses and most probably a few broken bones to compliment their fractured mindsets. Then before the guards could throw Kai out, he dived into the crowd, grabbed Baekhyun's arm, who was watching with wide eyes and dragged him out of the bar by force.

Baekhyun allowed himself to be dragged when he saw Kai's darkened eyes and voiceless personality beating the out of his workmates. The stench of alcohol made it clear that Kai drank even after being told not to. And hence, the disorder must have kicked in. Baekhyun was quite familiar with this character that was born inside Kai after the emotional set back he suffered from his sister's death. And this person was a total opposite of Kai. He was violent, aggressive, alarmingly strong and impatient. He only spoke to Baekhyun and no one else and he only appeared when things got way too much for Kai to handle on his own.

Baekhyun understood the very moment he saw Kai beating someone. Because the real Kai would never beat anyone. It was definitely the other personality. Also, this personality was hell demanding.

And if his demands weren't fulfilled, God forbid, he would let hell loose. And the worst of them all was that he treated Baekhyun like his own possession. So seeing Baekhyun dance and groove with a stranger ignited the wildest fire inside him. And Baekhyun knew better that it was going to be one long long night.

Without a word he let himself get dragged all the way back to their house. And when Kai aggressively opened the door, Baekhyun actually felt a shiver travel down his spine.

A heated argument, throwing things and slamming doors was followed by some harsh and some really cruel actions.

"You're mine."

Kai said while his grip around Baekhyun's wrist tightened. The older squirming a little. Baekhyun's back was smashed against the mirror, breaking the glass and few pricks entering the flesh of his back and cutting it deeply, allowing the blood to leak out.

"You better get that."

Kai said looking down at Baekhyun who was looking at the floor, trying his best to keep his tears from flowing. Baekhyun knew very well that its only the disorder and the real Kai would never ever hurt him, but it was difficult to keep yourself together in such situations.

It was the night that changed everything that they had or could ever have.