My treat

Way Back Home

"You are more powerful than you've been told."

 

-rupi kaur



 


______________________

 

 

 

 

2 Years Ago

"Sir, I think you are mistaking me for someone else."

"No I'm not. Because I want you."

Said Namjoon.

"What?"

Jin said very loudly, gaining attention from every person in the cafe.

Blood started rushing towards his face and a pretty pink dust appeared on his cheeks.

"No not like that, as in, I-I want to offer you a job."

Namjoon made up a fresh story but only earned an unsatisfactory look from Jin.

"Remember you met me 6 months ago in the pharma production house where you came for the job of a secretary?"

Jin's eyes widened at the sudden realisation. 'Right,' he mouthed, silently.

"So, umm, c-can we meet and talk about this?"

Namjoon asked.

"Sure, but where and where?" Jin said with a bright smile lighting his face.

"Anywhere is fine with me." Namjoon said quickly unable to hide his excitement.

"Umm, my shift here ends at 7:30. So can you-"

"Yeah definitely. I'll be there. I'll pick you up! Cool." Namjoon said as he got up and started leaving quickly before blurting out anything wrong.

"But sir, your coffee?" Jin asked sincerely.

"You have it."

"Sir I can't pay-"

"My treat." Namjoon said loudly as he nearly tumbled between two tables. Jin giggled and turned away to save Joon from the embarrassment.

_______

It was finally 7:30. And Namjoon was waiting for an hour in his car.

Of course, he didn't want to be late!

It was December going on so when Jin walked out, he was completely covered in soft wooly clothes. A woolen beanie on his head, a soft woolen scarf around his neck. A soft blue sweater covering his chest and black pants hiding his woolen socks.

His eyes searching for Namjoon who hurriedly stepped out of the car and started waving towards Jin almost like a maniac.

But his enthusiasm was what Jin found weirdly attractive.

Jin shyly walked towards his future without being aware of the hidden surprises awaiting his presence.

______________________

Present

The story was over. It was almost like time traveling.

"And the next thing I knew was me ordering a couch for my personal office." Namjoon said between his laughs.

Jin immediately gulped and hit Joon's shoulder and looked at the other intensely, trying to mentally communicate with Joon and tell him to not make it more embarrassing than it is.

"Why a couch?" Chanyeol asked innocently.

"Since the office table wasn't comfortable for Jin." Namjoon said, earning a hard slap from Jin on his head.

"Oww." Namjoon whined.

"Shut up Joon!" Jin said.

And everybody burst out laughing at the couple in front of them.

Again, the beer bottle was rolled and now it stopped on Kai.

A sparkle glistened in Sehun's eyes before he spoke,

"Have you ever slept with a man?"

He asked with an eyebrow raised. Mostly everybody thought of the obvious, 'of course not' but what came out of Kai's mouth was different.

"Yes."

Kai said firmly without a hint of doubt in his voice.