Dun leave me naa

Way Back Home

Falling in love is like leaping from a cliff.
Your brain screams that
It's not a good idea
And that hurt and pain
Would inevitably come to you.
But your heart believes
You can soar, glide and
Fly.

 

-Maire Coulson

 





 

"Chanyeol, where are you?"

"I dunno kno! Wh-who you? I shouldn't t-talk tt-o stra-nge-rs. I am han-an-ging upp."

"No no! Don't hang up! I am not a stranger."

"T-then wh-who?"

Baekhyun didn't know anyone from Chanyeol's friends or family so he didn't know what to answer.

"I am your dad."

"N-no dad's bad. He-he thre-w me. I won talk to you."

"No, no, no! I am your best friend!"

"Kyungsoo-ah is it you?"

"Yes! Yes, it's me. Kyungsoo. Just tell me where you are and I'll get you."

"I dunno whe-re I am."

"Tell me anything! What's around you? What's written on the walls there?"

Chanyeol sobbed a little into the phone. He wasn't only drunk but also a crying mess.

"G-glasses a-round me. Night-fun c-club."

"Okay."

Baekhyun said before he ran to get himself a taxi.

___________________

Baekhyun stood in front of the main door of the club. He was wide awake and pretty sure that Chanyeol was there inside. But the doors were not the only thing between the two.

Baekhyun felt a strong sense of deja-vu. Similar events have happened in the past, and it wasn't something Baekhyun was glad to recall.

The memory of previous events came rushing into Baekhyun's mind, making him flinch. He could feel shivers running down his backbone.
In total, Baekhyun was scared to step in.

One question kept repeating in his head like the most powerful thing ever and that was,

'What if it happened again? What if Chanyeol did it too?'

As soon as Baekhyun thought of Chanyeol, a soft, caring and gentle image of Chanyeol formed in his head. His feelings softened and his fears got suppressed,

'No Chanyeol won't do this. Chanyeol would never.'

And with that, Baekhyun started walking towards the gates of the club.

He searched and searched until he found Chanyeol sitting close to the bartender, observing the glass of alcohol between his fingers as if it was a crystal ball, and he, the psychic.

Baekhyun went close and sat next to Chanyeol and said,

"You scared the hell out of me, Yeol."

Chanyeol turned around to look at Baekhyun and that's when Baekhyun noticed his puffy red eyes, leaking wet nose, quivering lips, and red and wet cheeks.

"Oh God Yeol! What happened?"

Chanyeol turned to him and looked at him in the eye. Then stood up, grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and started dragging him out of the crowd.

At first, Baekhyun let him but as soon as Baekhyun saw where they are headed to, hesitation started welling inside him.

Chanyeol was walking towards to rooms.

And that's somewhere Baekhyun didn't want to go with a drunk Chanyeol.

He tried pulling his hand out of Chanyeol's grip but somehow, drunk Chanyeol was stronger than usual Chanyeol. His grip only tightened but Baekhyun didn't give up yet.

He kept pulling and pulling with all his might until they reached the stairs and Chanyeol stopped right at the beginning of the stairs.

Baekhyun thought he won and said happily,

"Chanyeol, we'll go home firs-"

But before he could complete, Chanyeol bent down, crossing his arm around Baekhyun's feet and lifted the elder on his shoulder and started climbing the stairs without paying the littlest attention to Baekhyun's kicks hitting his stomach or Baekhyun's fists hitting his back.

Chanyeol wasn't himself right now, or so Baekhyun thought. And somehow, he couldn't figure out which one was scarier.

He didn't want to get . No definitely not! It wasn't the kind of experience he would want to have again. Just the thought of it was giving him shivers down his spine. He didn't even realize that his eyes started watering on their own.

He regretted his decision of saving Chanyeol, of thinking that Chanyeol wouldn't hurt him, of feeling soft towards the boy.

'I deserve it maybe. I brought it upon myself.'

The thought sunk into Baekhyun's mind as a dead person sinks into oblivion.

He stopped struggling. He gave up on trying to free himself. He was ready to be torn apart, yet again, for the sin of saving them. But the tears didn't stop. His vision became blurry and his limbs felt like dead weights hanging to his body.

Suddenly Chanyeol threw him on the bed. He didn't realize when they got into the room. He was busy thinking how physically and mentally painful this night was going to be for him.

The soft silk under him was a contrast to his stone-like state of mind. He gulped to prepare himself for what's going to begin.

Baekhyun was lying on the bed when Chanyeol started to crawl up. He reached close to Baekhyun's face and placed his own face in the crook of his neck.

Chanyeol circled his arm around Baekhyun's waist and scooted further closer to Baekhyun. His nose and lips brushing against Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun tried to move a little away but couldn't since he was tightly packed close Chanyeol's body.

He waited for a few minutes for Chanyeol to move or remove his clothes or anything, but nothing happened, Chanyeol didn't move an inch. Only hugging him tightly while his face comfortably placed in the crook of Baekhyun's neck.

But that was until a few minutes later, Baekhyun felt something wet on his neck. That when he realized that Chanyeol was crying silently.

Baekhyun was shocked to death. He didn't expect something like this at all. He turned completely towards Chanyeol so they were facing each other. Baekhyun placed his arm around Chanyeol's slightly shaking shoulders and said,

"Chanyeol! Why are you crying?"

"Dun leave me naa."

Chanyeol said in a wobbly voice. His grip around Baekhyun's waist loosened.

Baekhyun got up instantly and hugged the younger to his chest. Chanyeol hugged back and started crying his heart out. He was saying some things, but it was really difficult to make sense out of them.

"Kyun- ungsoo-ah"

"So-rry."

"I- I should've tol-"

Baekhyun had no idea what Chanyeol was sorry for and who this Kyungsoo guy was. But to calm down the younger, he started patting his back and kept repeating one thing,

"It's alright Chanyeol. It's okay."

The younger, due to the warmth of the older's hug, fell asleep in his arms.

Baekhyun tugged the younger safely inside the sheets and then looked towards his sleeping face. It spoke of nothing but innocence. Guilt washed over Baekhyun. He felt Chanyeol was just like the others who've hurt him.

"I am sorry."

He mumbled slowly looking towards Chanyeol. Even the drunk side of Chanyeol wouldn't hurt anybody.

The sheets beneath him felt soft and cozy and warm. That's when he realized how tired he was. He didn't get anything at all. He was looking for the younger like crazy. One side of him was dead tired and wanted to sleep while the other side of him wanted to know why Chanyeol left the restaurant.

After a mental fight with himself, he decided to sleep for a while and ask him in the morning about the events that happened and the hidden reason behind them. He took a deep breath and himself curled next to Chanyeol and fell asleep.


 

_____________________