The wedding

Way Back Home

some moments are nice, some are
nicer, some are even worth
writing
about.

 


-Charles Bukowski



 

________________________





 

"He still loves me right?"

"Jin. Hyung, you're being pathetic now." Chanyeol answered.

"Chanyeol, you don't know how it feels."

"Of course, I have never been married before."

"So you shut up!"

"Hyung you are the one talking for an hour now. I hardly said anything."

"That's the problem! You're not even distracting me!"

"You want me to distract you from your own marriage?" Chanyeol asked absolutely confused.

"Yes! Like, no. Not the marriage. But help me get rid of this anxiety."

"Hyung, where are your shoes?"

"! Where are my shoes? What if we forgot them in the house. I can't go out without shoes. ! How will I marry him? What if he gets embarrassed by me and leaves me?! No! I don't want to be alone for the rest of my lif-"

"Hyung! Namjoon will still marry you, with or without shoes! Relax."

"How am I supposed to relax Chanyeol? The priest will call us anytime now! This is the worst wedding I've ever had!"

"Isn't it your first?"

"It is! But. Still."

Chanyeol smashed his forehead with his hand. He chose to stay with Jin and get him dressed up while Baekhyun stayed with Namjoon in another room. Sehun had the duty of welcoming the guests and Kai was supposed to take care of the decorations and food.

Everything was done, but last minute anxiety couldn't be helped. And Chanyeol was now wondering how Baekhyun would be handling Namjoon.

_____________________

In the other room, Namjoon was completely dressed up. His face buried inside his crossed arms, while he was crying uncontrollably.

Baekhyun was rubbing circles on his back, trying to calm his shaking frame. His body relaxed, the cries turning into muffled sniffs and when Baekhyun assumed that Namjoon has finally stopped crying, the easing pace of his shaking shoulders would race to catch up with the thunder inside his head, and a fresh rain would pool out of his already swollen eyes along with louder cries. And the whole cycle of birth and death would rejuvenate itself yet again.

Namjoon was acting like the CD player, put on endless repeat. And Baekhyun was now tired. Hence, our little psychologist boy decided to play reverse mind psychology.

"Namjoon, I am going to Jin."

Namjoon instantly looked up. "Why?"

"I am going to tell him that you don't want to marry him."

Namjoon's eyes nearly fell out of the sockets. His tears were like back and his shaking body tensed up. Almost as if he had been given an electric shock.

"What are you saying?! I want to marry him! Of course, I want to. Me not wanting to marry him is like Beyonce being unable to dance. Impossible, I mean."

"But if you want to, then, please stop ing crying because the priest will call you anytime now!"

Namjoon's eyes shifted from Baekhyun and got fixed to his own feet. Yes, the boy was embarrassed.

"Yeah, you're right. But, I am- I am just- really, really happy. I- I never thought Jin would actually ever agree to marry me. Its- It's almost like a dream come true."

Baekhyun smiled at the stuttering Namjoon in front of him.

_______________________

Sehun bowed to the guests while letting them in. He was genuinely happy. Seeing so many Koreans in one place after such a long time was something that made him happy. It felt as if he was in a mini Korea.

"And you are?" Sehun asked the short male in front of him.

"Junmyeon."

"Oh! The psychiatrist hyung invited?"

"Yeah, Baekhyun invited me." Junmyeon smiled at the younger, who looked oddly attractive to the older.

"Please come in." Sehun smiled while bowing.

"Oh please don't don't that. Haha." Junmyeon said while stopping Sehun from bowing. Instead, he offered his hand for a handshake, which was apparently less awkward.

Sehun accepted the handshake and showed the way to Junmyeon before returning back to his spot as more guests appeared. Junmyeon wanted to talk more, but the younger seemed busy so he walked off into the main hall.

________________________

"But I still believe lilies or orchids would have looked better than roses," Kai told the shorter guy, who was the organizer of the wedding.

"Sir, I've told you 8 times already that the order mentioned roses, and so we are responsible only for roses. Your personal choice is not the concern of the team." The shorter said rather harshly to Kai.

Kai pouted slightly to make it look like he was hurt even though he was thoroughly enjoying the game unintentional tormenting.  Kai met this person while he was looking for different decor firms for the wedding. And something about the shorter was really intriguing to Kai.

"Soo, why are you being so harsh to me?" Kai said to increase the agitation of the younger.

"Kai- Sir, how many times do I have to tell you to not call me 'Soo, ' you can call me D.O. but not this," Kyungsoo said angrily in a rather scary voice.

"But why can't I call you 'Soo.' That day, when we were in your office, some man on the phone called you like, " Hey Soo, what do want for dinner?" Remember?"

"Argh, that was my brother for God sake!" Kyungsoo replied.

"But Soo, don't you feel white colour carpets would have looked better than these red ones?" Kai asked looking at the carpets.

"Ugh. Do whatever you want!" Kyungsoo said before walking away from Kai.

"Hey! Soo, wait for me!" Kai said before running after the older.

________________________

"You shall please call the grooms." The priest told Sehun.

"Sure father," Sehun replied before hurrying to call Baekhyun and Chanyeol for getting the grooms.