Strange

Way Back Home

The heart was made to be broken.

 

-Oscar Wilde

 


When Baekhyun woke up the next morning, Chanyeol had already left the bed. The room was clean and Chanyeol nowhere to be seen.

Baekhyun left the bed to do the morning chores in his regular 'I-am-a-lazy-prince' attitude.

Baekhyun was almost ready when Chanyeol returned to the room.

"Where did you go this early in the morning?"

Baekhyun asked while his eyes fixed to the mirror as he was brushing his hair.

"I bought a gift."

Chanyeol replied, which was only partially true. What actually happened was that when Chanyeol woke up and memories from past night returned, he was too embarrassed to face Baekhyun. The whole scene where Chanyeol picked Baekhyun up on his shoulder and took him to a room and threw him on the bed was too cruel for Chanyeol's innocent brain.

The younger needed fresh air, so he went out for a walk and then decided to get a gift out of blue.

"What gift?"

Baekhyun asked.

"We are going to see Sehun's hyung today. And since we are visiting for the first time, I thought we should get a little gift for him."

"Oh! Good idea. What did you get?"

"Just a box of chocolates."

"Nice."

Baekhyun walked to Chanyeol and shuffled Chanyeol's well-made hair and poked his tongue out teasingly and ran out of the room. Chanyeol ran too, following behind the boy to catch him for messing with his hair. They were both laughing, no awkwardness at all.

Baekhyun quickly ran to the lift and before Chanyeol could come, the lift doors closed and Chanyeol saw Baekhyun in the lift, laughing at him, but his expression changed immediately. But before he could do anything, the lift closed and Chanyeol quickly took the stairs. Baekhyun didn't understand why a sudden of seriousness painted over Chanyeol's face.

Baekhyun flinched when a hand patted his shoulder,

"Hey! We met again!"

Joo Sun said.

'So that's why his expression changed.'

Baekhyun thought with one eyebrow raised. A brilliant idea hit Baekhyun's evil mind and so he turned to Joo Sun completely.

"Hello."

He replied with a flattering smile.

And a sweet conversation went on.

________________

As soon as Chanyeol reached the floor of Sehun and Kai's room, he found Baekhyun standing close to the stairs. But he wasn't alone.

He was standing and comfortably conversing with Joo Sun. Chanyeol went closer and saw how they were both laughing at something.

"Baekhyun let's go."

He said while keeping one hand on Baekhyun's waist.

(More like claiming his properly :p )

"Just a sec, Yeol."

Baekhyun replied.

"Yeah, I'll definitely call you. It was really nice meeting, you Mr. Sun."

Baekhyun smiled innocently.

"Pleasure's mine!"

Joo Sun replied with a playful wink.

Chanyeol definitely wasn't liking this. More like he was fuming inside. Without another word, he pulled Baekhyun away and started walking towards the room where Kai and Sehun were waiting.

"Chanyeol-ah he's gone. You can leave me now."

Baekhyun laughed.

Chanyeol didn't realize his hand was still firmly placed around Baekhyun's back. On hearing Baekhyun's comment, he quickly let go as if it didn't happen.

His eyes focused on the floor to hide the redness of his cheeks.

"Interesting man."

Baekhyun said to Chanyeol's annoyance.

"Why would you even talk to him?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Baekhyun he tried to mislead you last time!"

"It could have been a misunderstanding. Don't judge people just like that Yeol."

"Don't tell me he wasn't hitting on you just now?"

"Well, it would be a lie if I say he wasn't flirting. But then I am used to it. Also, he wasn't only flirting but also told me about his beach business and even gave me his number!"

Chanyeol was getting angrier but couldn't figure out why. He didn't know what to say anymore. Baekhyun was a grown man.

"Yeah, whatever."

And as they reached Sehun's and Kai's room, Baekhyun knocked and Sehun opened with a dull face and went back to the bed.

Baekhyun ran to the youngest and wrapped his arms around Sehun's waist while pulling him in his lap and said,

"What happened Hun? You look sad."

"Baekhyun hyung, I called Jin hyung to tell him about this meeting today. But he was behaving very strange."

"Strange?"

Chanyeol asked while sitting on a chair close to the bed.

"Yeah. Like he wasn't picking up my calls initially. He does it when he wants to avoid me. So I used the hotel's phone to call him and then guess what? He did pick up! Which means he's purposely avoiding me!"

"But why?"

Baekhyun said.

"I have no idea. I told him last night that we will reach before lunch and he was like, trying to avoid the topic. As if he doesn't want me to visit him. And he got even weirder when I said that I want him to introduce me to Jenny. Like I haven't seen her yet. But he was just acting strange.."

"Yeah, I don't know if we should visit or not."

Kai said while fixing his hair. Kai was wearing a beautiful oversized cream shirt and black pants which made him look absolutely stunning.

"But eventually we have to go the wedding. We have to face him. So let's just do it now. If he doesn't want us to be there at the wedding, we'll leave today. Let's just keep it clear. What say, guys?"

Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

"Cool with me."

Kai said.

But Sehun was lost in his thoughts. He wanted to meet his brother and the Jenny girl, so badly, but Jin didn't seem to be as excited as him. Something surely was suspicious and Sehun was sure of it.

___________

They left in a hired car which Baekhyun was driving. Chanyeol sitting next to him and guiding with the route map to Jin's place.

Sehun and Kai were long asleep in the back seat.

Baekhyun was humming a tune with radio and suddenly a question from last night hit him. He couldn't ask Chanyeol since it got awkward between them after the kiss. But now seemed like the perfect opportunity.

He turned the radio off and said in a soft, low tone,

"Chanyeol, I was wondering about something."

"Yeah?"

Chanyeol said. Even though the ending of last night was pretty awkward for both of them, but Chanyeol was way more bonded to Baekhyun than he has ever been to anyone.

Baekhyun knew him more than anyone else and accepted him for who he was. And that's what made Chanyeol way more comfortable around Baekhyun.

"You told me about your past and why you co.motted suicide but I couldn't understand one thing."

"What is it?"

"Why did you suddenly leave me at the restaurant? What happened all of a sudden to remind you of those memories?"

Chanyeol's face lost all emotions. He became as still as stone. Baekhyun didn't want to spoil his mood so he said,

"Its okay if you don't feel like tell-"

"I saw Kyungsoo crossing the road, from the restaurant's window."