Puppy day

Way Back Home

"What are you saying-"

"Chanyeol, I'm- I'm really sorry for everything."

Baekhyun exhaled and looked up at Chanyeol. He stretched his hand to reach Chanyeol's and intervened their fingers together. His grip on Chanyeol's hand was tender as he slowly pulled his hand towards himself, letting it rest in his own lap and placed his other hand on top of their connected ones.

Chanyeol looked at their connected hands curiously before looking back at Baekhyun. "I'm sorry for not picking your calls and not replying to your messages. I'm sorry for avoiding you, for pretending like you didn't exist."

Chanyeol's face drained of expression. Baekhyun's words were hitting him deeper inside. On one hand, it felt relieved to know Baekhyun was apologising but on the other hand, Chanyeol realized that he did it on purpose. All these days, while going through all that mental torture, many times Chanyeol thought of how desperately he wanted things to go back to normal, but not once did he think that how would he react to Baekhyun apologizing to him in a dog onesie.

Chanyeol kept looking at him with a blank expression while Baekhyun waited for him to respond. Finally accepting the silence, Baekhyun stood up and their hands disconnected. Chanyeol felt the lack of warmth as he looked at Baekhyun with big almond eyes.

Baekhyun got on the floor, on all fours, and start strolling the area around Chanyeol's feet. "Bhow, bhow... Bhoooooww" Baekhyun tried growling in his puppy voice while looking up at Chanyeol with puppy dog eyes. He kept walking in circles around Chanyeol's feet and would occasionally swing his hips, making it look like he was wagging his tail.

To say that Chanyeol was shocked, would be a highkey understatement.

"What on Earth are you doing Baekhyun?!" He whisper screamed.

"A doggo is apologizing." Baekhyun said, tone sassy, and started the back his paws. Well he did look more like a cat while doing so, but since it was cute, who cares?

"Hahahahaha!!" Chanyeol started laughing quite hysterically. He fell off the sofa, right on to the floor with a loud 'thud' but kept laughing continuously.

Baekhyun paused his , paw hanging mid air, and looked at Chanyeol and blinked. "Why are you laughing? It's not that funny!" He said trying to justify his acts in a more honorary and dignified manner than it deserved.

"Well it is!" Chanyeol said between his laughs.

Chanyeol finally calmed down and looked at Baekhyun who was looking down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers and a small pout on his lips.

"Hey, what happened?" Chanyeol asked, his voice dripping with concern as he kept his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"I thought- I- thought you'd like it." Baekhyun stuttered ad embarrassment showered his senses.

"I'm not complaining." Chanyeol said and a genuine smile made it's way on his long lips.

"And forgive me~?" Baekhyun said in a whiny tone, stretching the question a little while trying to look cute as he shyly flipped the dog-ear of the dog onesie which was falling on his forehead.

Chanyeol felt he'd lose control from the utter cuteness splendid in front of his eyes. The way Baekhyun was acting was too appealing to stay composed. His shyness and cuteness and the onesie made him look like a small puppy running between the steps of his owner, looking at him with hopeful eyes. It was impossible to stay even a teeny bit angry.

"Okay, I'll forgive you on a few conditions." Chanyeol said, trying not to smile too wide.

"What conditions? I'll do anything!" Baekhyun screamed with joy as he jumped out of excitement, scooting closer to Chanyeol.

"First."

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol excitedly.

"You will never ever ignore me like this, ever again. You are not allowed to do this."

"I promise." Baekhyun said with both hands in air in surrender position.

"Good. Now tell me why are you wearing this puppy outfit?"

"I'm not a pup! Ew! I'm a grown dog. Bhowwwww." And he howled loudly to make it sound true, as if proving a point.

Chanyeol snickered and said, "Of course." He rolled his eyes in a mocking way and then looked at Baekhyun properly for the first time. His gaze was full of fondness.

Baekhyun looked extremely cute in the onesie. Unable to resist, Chanyeol started petting Baekhyun's head like a real puppy. Baekhyun melted into the touch, and started leaning his forehead and then his cheeks against Chanyeol's big hand, loving the way it felt against his skin.

The way Baekhyun's eyes were shut while he was rubbing his face against Chanyeol's hand and the feeling of Baekhyun's soft cheeks against his own palm, there was something so natural about it, as if they both could do it all day. Just leaning against each other and cuddling.

Chanyeol knew there was no going back now. He knew he should tell Baekhyun about his feelings but something was stopping him. The fact that he was scared of being rejected, being one of the major reasons. Maybe keeping it this way was better than risking their friendship.

But then he also knew that he won't be able to keep it to himself for long. Maybe he should start dropping hints for Baekhyun and then confess at the right time?

"My next condition is that you have to wear this onesie again when I ask you to."

Was it a little bit of flirting? Maybe.
Chanyeol thought to himself.

Baekhyun opened his eyes, Chanyeol's hand against the back of his ear and finger tips dipping in the roots of his hair, said, "No problem," with an effortless smile. "What else?"

"I think that's all." Chanyeol smiled.

"That's all? You're not angry anymore?"

"I guess not. You want me to be angry?"

"NO! Never!" Baekhyun screamed. Then shyly continued while fiddling with the lace of his hoodie, "I just thought you'd want to kick me, slap me or I don't know, something harsh. I was really mean to you, after all. I deserve it." His voice became a mere whisper towards the end.

Chanyeol has never seen Baekhyun being so shy or soft. And he liked it, just like he liked the sassy, kick- Byun Baekhyun. He just liked everything about Baekhyun. Everything felt oddly beautiful and desirable. Even the way Baekhyun sneezed made Chanyeol feel flips in his stomach.

"How can I stay angry at a cute little puppy?"

"Yah! I told you I'm a dog! Not a pup!"

And Chanyeol erupted into laughter. Baekhyun shook his head and said, "Go freshen up, I've made breakfast for you."

Chanyeol's eyes widened at that and he nodded without saying anything and left.

After having extra sweet pancakes, with extra mapple syrup and they decided to watch television. They ended up watched 'Friends' for a while eating fries.

It was episode where Rachel and Ross accidentally got married while they were drunk on a vacation in Vegas. Somewhere between the episode, Baekhyun tried confessing, "I did all that because- because I thought that, that you-"

"Let's not talk about it Baek."

Chanyeol said without looking at him with a calm voice.

Baekhyun just looked at Chanyeol cluelessly, thinking how could a person be this soothing. He would have killed Chanyeol if he did something like that to him, or maybe not?

"Let's forget about it, okay?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun nodded and leaned against Chanyeol's shoulder, feeling content b inside him.

Tommorow was gonna be a big day.