Ch 8

She's my Manager

"Unnie!"

Sowon swirled around in her spinny chair in the meeting room and found Eunha waving at her very excitedly from the doorway that she had apparently arrived through.

"Oh? Hello, Eunha yah. What are you doing at my company?"

"I'm here to convince you to do the drama!"

"Eh? Was it your company that wrote the script? I thought you guys didn't host a production crew fit for national tv yet?"

Eunha plopped into the seat next to Sowon and grinned, showing just how excited she was to be here.

"Judging from your silent response it could just mean that you really liked the script and you wanted me to be your co star?"

"No! I want you to be the main character, so I asked manager to call your manager and then get me in here to help you join in on this fun!"

"Huh."

Soown glanced at Yerin who shrugged, it wasn't her that Eunha contacted, it must have been the other manager who had recently begun to manage several of the new actor trainees lately but still hadn't been officially let go of his title of being Sowon's manager. Sowon raised an eyebrow but turned back to Eunha who then dumped the thick script booklet onto Sowon's lap.

"You see, the main story is the same as always, but on the side, you see, is the best thing I could find in the whole entertaintment industry!"

"The whole entertaintmnet industry? I find that hard to believe."

"Unnie! It's about the uncertainty of youth and the mess of hormones that people sometimes mistake for love and vice versa!"

"And why does this intrigue you?"

Eunha quieted a little bit, her cheeks were a little red, but that could just be from her excitement and with how fast she was talking.

"Errrr....well I thought that the friendships that the main character has really fit between me and you? I could identify myself as the friend and you really suited the main character so after asking the director to not eb the main character, he told me that there would be no one to replace me as the main character unless I got you to agree?"

Sowon closed the script book that she had been skimming through when Eunha was talking and looked the smaller girl in the eyes.

"You're telling me you're trying to give me the role you were casted for? Not to mention that it was the main character's role?"

Eunha looked down and toyed with her fingers, probably trying to hide from what could be Sowon's anger. They were good friends so Eunha knew that Sowon would be upset that she would be sacrificing her position as the face of the show just because she thought that Sowon would suit it better.

"Well, I mean I thought you would be a great main character and well, if it sells well then it's a win-win situation isn't it?"

Sowon grabbed Eunha's shoulders to make her look up.

"You know the pay gap between main and side. Just go be the main character."

Eunha pouted and tried to resist.

"But have you even read what I have to do? I don't have that charisma unnie, you do."

"Let me remind you that you aren't responsible for whether this script will be a hit or not."

"What if I said that my friend wrote it? Will you pity me then?"

Sowon pursed her lips, in the case that Eunha wasn't lying, then in which case this script would matter a lot to Eunha, then she should try her best to fulfill the purpose of this script to the best of her abilities, and well, Eunha doesn't usually lie, or at least, Sowon hadn't caught her doing so before.

"Did you friend really write it?"

"Yeah, he wanted to cast you straight from the beginning since he wrote it with you in mind, but he didn't think he could get in touch with you, I mean, I understand, unnie is world class after all."

"Everyone says world class, you and I both know that isn't true so stop."

It might be weird for Sowon since this was written based on the delusion of the director towards her, but if Eunha was pushing this hard, then something good must have come out of it. From what she had read already, it wasn't a bad story, more like it was using the standard skeleton, but it seemed a little more mysterious than the usual, such as having a bit more hidden information that didn't come with the introductions that dramas usually had.

"Here's the deal, since this is your money and pay we're discussing here, say if I accept, I will have a rule for you."

Eunha perked up at the chance of swaying Sowon's decision.

"What is the rule?"

"You can't come to every shoot just to watch me. I know you've been sneaking onto my set whenever we have something together."

"But unnie looks so cool when she's acting!"

"No means no, you should be resting and taking care of your body."

"Psh, as if unnie is any better at that."

"Hm, maybe not, but I listen to my manager, unlike you. Don't think that I don't know when you've run away from dorm, because your manager always calls to ask me if you were with me."

Eunha shrunk in her seat but agreed in the end.

"You really will accept being the lead?"

"I will, I'm a person who grants people's wishes after all, whether through a fake romance shown on tv to fulfill a fantasy or, to act in people's dream works."

"Unnie you should change jobs to be an idol."

Sowon could only show a confused expression and shrug at Yerin who was indicating the time. They only had this meeting room for another five minutes.

"Why would I be an idol?"

"Because idols are like the most top in showing people that dreams can come true. It's the easiest to see that they're doing what they want, right?"

"I guess so, but my personality is not like your's Eunha yah, so I'll leave the idol part to you."

"Okay!"

Being pulled on the arm by her manager, Eunha was about to be dragged off to her next schedule before Eunha finally handed over the filming schedule in a physical calendar the way that Sowon liked to go over things in.

"I'll see you on set soon unnie!"

"I guess so shortstack."

"Hey!"

Yerin giggled to herself as Sowon sighed and put down the calendar.

"I thought I was going to reject it and be free for a bit longer to hang out with you more. I'm sorry Yerin ah."

"Hm? It's okay unnie, I like the hardworking unnie as well."

"Like?"

Sowon pulled on Yerin's hand when she had walked into reachable range, tugging her closer to the star.

"Love."

The grin that spread on Sowon's lips was quickly covered with a quick kiss from Yerin who then backed away nervously.

"Come on, let's get to the next place early and try to get to extra sleep unnie."

Sowon pouted from her seat that she had been one upped by Yerin.

"I'm not moving."

"Are you sulking? Cutie."

"Yennie is being mean to me."

Yerin smiled and held out her hand in front of Sowon.

"Mean? What could that possibly be?"

Sowon hmphed and turned away, cheekily peeking at Yerin from the corner of her eyes every now and then that exposed her childishness.

"If I give you another kiss will you go?"

"...maybe."

Giggling, Yerin leaned down and kissed Sowon's cheek, only to have arms wrap around her neck and and hand guide her face to face Sowon properly.

"This kind of kiss only."

Pressing their lips together softly, Sowon hummed as Yerin's hands lightly gripped her shoulders to keep balance as Sowon quietly made out with her.

"Ngh! Un-nie ah! We-have to mmn go-"

"Shut up and kiss me."

Yerin stole a glance at her watch and closed her eyes, well, she had planned for a good enough gap in case of traffic concerns to the next place.

===================

oolala