Ch 13

She's my Manager

Yerin sat dazed in her seat in the back, settled under a canopy set in the sand. They were here for a real beach background, especially in a place where people could actually recognize, unlike the studio created green screen and sandy floors made with images taken on foreign beaches, or at angles that humans can't actually reach without some equiment, or a place along the beach that you couldn't get to without climbing over rocks and riding a boat to such small and secluded areas.

Sowon was being her charismatic self, looking as refreshing as ever in the morning sunshine that really felt a lot like midday with how clear the sky was. Dressed in a flowing white sundress that was kind of longer than what a sundress usually way, her shoulders and collarbones were playing a big part in this shoot. They had put on sunblock, but Yerin was already prepared to run out there to rub another layer on. The sun wasn't even in the middle of the sky yet, but because of the location on the beach, the sunrise wasn't blocked by the usual mountains.

"Take five!"

Yerin quickly threw a towel over Sowon's exposed shoulders and hurried her under the canopy where the other staff fixed her make up and removed the accessories. This was a shoot for a jewelery ad, both tv and magazine, which also meant that there could only be so many pieces for her to showcase, but also meant she wore them one or two at a time. The dress she was wearing at the moment was to show off the shining necklace sitting prettily against her neck and collarbones, along with simple earrings. The next one included a hairpiece, which Yerin really wondered how many people would spend a fortune on a hairtie, but to each their own.

"Unnie, here's your water."

"Thank you."

Yerin smiled a little. She admired how well Sowon was able to keep her reactions in check between the set and at home, as she was about as chilly as she has always been in the studio. At home however, Yerin could expect her to walk in the doorway and cling to her instantly.

"The sun is only going to be this low and the people are slowly making their way out to the beach now, the shoot will only last another half hour."

They had technically completed the set of photos they had planned, but there was always a need to take extra photos in case the person in charge of arranging the photos needed something else to work with. Also, just in case there were better options for different items.

Yerin quietly rubbed more sunblock onto Sowon's long arms, ignoring how Sowon sometimes stared at her while she did so. Patting Sowon on the shoulder when she was done and going back to where she was banished to stay, away from Sowon, Yerin retreated from a place where she would only be a bother to the other staff. Sowon did follow her with her eyes, but was soon told to look a different way to apply makeup.

------------

Sowon had fallen asleep on the ride towards their hotel that they were going to be staying at for the next few days, and Yerin had to go wake her up.

"Sowon unnie? Sojung ah, wake up."

For a moment, Sowon opened her eyes with a glare, strong enough to send chills down Yerin's spine. But when Sowon's eyes focused and saw that it was Yerin, she stopped glaring and rubbed her eyes like a child, whining at her tiredness.

"Unnie I already checked in, we can go into our room now if you want to nap."

Perhaps it was because Sowon had fallen asleep in the car that her old reaction to being woken up resurfaced every once in a while. Chuckling to herself at the not old memories, Yerin held Sowon's arm as she led the way into the correct hall for their room. There were two elevators for the two different towers of the hotel and of course first floor private outdoors baths were a no go. Getting up to the third floor, the view wasn't the best as it was aimed towards the ocean but framed by two buildings across the street between them and the water.

"What are you giggling about?"

"Hm? Just remembering that unnie is a grumpy morning person."

Sowon blushed a little and looked away, sat on the bed as Yerin unpacked some things.

"I don't do that anymore."

"Maybe not often, but sometimes you still wake up grumpy and that's really cute."

"Even when this look sends people running?"

Yerin looked up to see Sowon with a slightly cold glare and one eyebrow raised, she was challenging her?

"Yup, really cute."

Her glare was ruined by a smile and Sowon bashfully hid her face in the covers of the bed, flopping over on it.

"I think, it's because I couldn't feel you next to me when I sleep. You just have this calming aura that makes me feel okay to get up at ungodly hours."

"Are you trying to say to me that I make you want to try harder?"

Sowon bit her lip, this was the most she had ever lost to Yerin in terms of teasing, since they knew so much about each other already, but Yerin always seemed to find the chinks in her armor where she could poke at Sowon's true feelings.

"You know you do."

Yerin smiled and sat on the bed next to Sowon, her hand gently through Sowon's hair.

"Do I really?"

Sowon turned her cheek to look at Yerin.

"You do."

"Well, you make me want to become better too."

Sowon stopped Yerin's hand in her hair and linked their fingers together instead, rolling onto her back.

"Why? You're already perfect in my eyes."

The soft chuckle that came from Yerin made Sowon's heart skip a beat.

"Maybe to you, but-"

"Mm mm, no buts."

Sitting up and kissing Yerin on the lips, Sowon squeezed Yerin's hand. She looked into her eyes. 

"If you say that I'm perfect, then you're perfect too."

"I'm not perfect."

"...no one is."

Staring into each other's eyes, they burst into a fit of giggles and hugged. Laying together, Sowon held Yerin's cheek.

"As long as we don't compare people, aren't we considered perfect?"

"Of course."

===========

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I finished my exams this morning aaaaaaaa I couldnt sleep yesterday because of my pre test anxiety aaaaaaaaa DID YOU SEE THAT THUMBNAIL OF WONRIN THEYRE SO COMFORTABLE TO BE THAT CLOSE TO EACH OTHER hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh