Ch 17

She's my Manager

The alarm buzzed on the nightstand next to Sowon's bed, one hand reached out to stop it. Yerin groaned a little when she struggled to open her eyes but recently it was always like this, a silent alarm that she had now grown accustomed to and then a loud alarm once her girlfriend needed to be awoken. Of course, as her manager, Yerin woke first to prepare for the trip back to the set, whether it be in studio 6 or studio 12, but it also helped that she went to use the bathroom first. Not to mention, if Sowon wasn't feeling too into it, she used a cold shower to wake herself up fastest.

Mumbling as she rolled out of bed, she heartbreakingly had to slide out of her shirt because Sowon wouldn't let go of the back of it. Embarrassed even though she was alone and the other was asleep still, Yerin covered herself with her arms until she reached her room to change anyways. Cleaning up and washing her face, Yerin tied her hair in a low ponytail to keep it out of the way and set off to make breakfast.

A quiet grumble sounded just as she flipped a pancake and out walked Sowon from her room with Yerin's shirt in hand.

"When did you become a strip artist?"

Yerin turned a little red at the thought but shook her head in denial.

"U-Unnie! I didn't do that because I wanted to!"

"Oho, but imagining you topless is a very nice image you know?"

Struggling to come up with a retort, Yerin made a noise akin to the pancake that was sizzling, much to Sowon's amusement.

"I'm kidding."

She walked around the table and hugged Yerin from the back.

"You look better outside of my imagination after all."

Giggling as she waltzed away to the bathroom, Yerin just sighed with her cheeks hot. If Sowon had the energy to be joking around like that then, she seemed to have gotten enough rest last night. Just take it as a good sign and don't think about it too much Yerin ah, it's not like she hasn't seen everything before, stop being so childish. Patting her own cheeks softly, Yerin refocused on the cooking pancake.

"Unnie! Breakfast is ready in five minutes!"

"Okie wifey!"

-----------------------

"I mean, have you done anything wrong to her? She doesn't like it when you and I are close."

"Eh? You mean your friend that frequently comes?"

Sowon nodded, absentmindedly swirling her drink. The male lead was sat next to her at the bar seat looking out of the cafe.

"I mean, just to tell you, she doesn't mean anything bad you know, but I get the feeling that she doesn't like you is all."

"I don't really recall ever interacting with her aside from her pulling you away all the time."

This was her cue, Sowon put her hand down on the table from holding her straw, looking boldly into the male lead's eyes, she stated firmly. She needed to be the one in power of the conversation at this moment, the man needs to shrink back.

"So you do find it a little rude."

"I-I don't mean to badmouth her! I mean, she just cares for you a lot maybe?"

Sowon returns her fiddling to her cup and she sighs.

"I know she cares, it does seem a little overprotective of her. But I think she's been this way since forever, I hope you don't mind. And I also want you two to get along with each other, since you know, you're both important friends to me."

Perfectly delivered, the main character friendzones both pursuers in this scene and the audience is thrown for a loop. But in another meaning, both Eunha's character and the male lead's were being considered at an equal stance. This would slowly lead into the oh so delicate topic of gender equality and uality, which was one of the reasons why Sowon had liked the script somewhat. It wanted to give a good message, though some parts of it could end up being read wrong and thought of being representative which is a minus but Sowon knew that these questions would come for her when the cast interviews would happen.

"R-right."

Sowon pretends to not see his reaction, which was also done on purpose because her character has actually picked up on the signals that the guy was trying to give her, but instead she still had no idea about Eunha's character and she didn't really feel like she was the type to get into a relationship at the moment even if she was getting a lot closer to the main lead.

"Cut!"

Sowon relaxed as Yerin ran over with a bottle of water. The drink before her was iced when they began but now it was almost room temperature and luckily the angle of the camera missed the pool of water that formed under her cup of tea which was the prop that expressed her character's focus but not for actually drinking.

"I have arrived!"

Everyone glanced over as Eunha was then quickly scolded by her manager.

"What would you do if the camera was still running?!"

"Sowie...."

Yerin finished her observation and immediately went back to tending to Sowon.

"Are you uncomfortable anywhere? Hot? Cold? Tired?"

"I feel fine mostly, but," Sowon leaned just a little closer. "I kinda want a hug."

Yerin looked at Sowon with the most adorable expression, she seemed to be wanting to do just what Sowon had whispered, but she was also struggling to hold back from a public display of affection. Planning on getting what she wanted, Sowon pretended to trip on the leg of her stool that she was sat on and promptly fell right into Yerin's arms.

"Whoopsie~."

"A-are you okay??"

Sowon grinned and sneakily kissed Yerin's cheek as she backed up.

"Just perfect, you think we'll be done by midnight today manager?"

"I hope so."

===============

EEEYYYYY look who's late by two days, me that's who. I was busy on Monday and then yesterday I probably ate something bad and like my stomach was just not happy so I went to bed hella early but I better now~ ya know, maybe script writing is more of my thing than story writing 🤔