Ch 35

She's my Manager

For the rest of the last day of fliming, Eunha had managed to monopolize Sowon's time whenever they were both off screen, Yerin had only managed a few times to deliver Sowon water or her blanket. Wanting to go get a warm drink for her at least, Yerin had decided to go to a coffee shop when Sowon went back on the set.

Eunha who had perhaps chatted with Sowon more than she had even when they were having a sleepover, seemed to be perfectly energetic despite the long hours of standing and acting.

"Eunha yah, can you quiet down just a little bit? I want to rest a little."

"OK. Unnie should we go to the rest area for a bit? We have a bit of time before the next redo."

Nodding quietly, Sowon strolled over to where Yerin should have been. Seeing that Yerin wasn't there, Sowon glanced at the shorter girl at her side and knew that it couldn't be helped if Yerin wanted to take a breath outside. Given, Eunha wasn't really doing anything that wasn't outside the rules of friends, but perhaps Eunha could use a little more sense in reading the room because not only would this probably be the cause of Yerin's discomfort, but Sowon noticed that a few other staffs had started to look their way whenever Eunha talked, or they seemed to chat to each other about them. Sowon knew these because she was sensitive to talking behind backs after so many years in the business, it didn't bother her that much, but it would always make her skin crawl. Why talk about someone, but not to the person in question?

"Eunha yah, I'm going to take a nap for like five minutes, keep watch for me."

"Five minutes? You can fall asleep that fast? The director over there seems to be having trouble, I'll wake you up when they call instead."

"Really? That would be helpful."

Shutting her eyes and appreciating that Eunha finally stopped chatting, Sowon relaxed. Although she relaxed, she was stil in a public space so she made sure that even though she was tired, without the gurantee of Yerin around her, she kind of kept her mind open to her surroundings, more resting for her eyes against the bright lights they had and her body than her mind.

Doing so, she had a spatial awareness to know that Eunha had obediently sat beside her and played with her phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin returned to the set and greeted the staff as she passed them on the way back to her designated area. Spotting Sowon on the couch, Yerin smiled and walked over. Coming closer, Yerin noticed that Eunha was next to her. Slowing her steps, Yerin watched as Eunha looked up from her phone, glacing at Sowon's sleeping expression, then looking around. She didn't see Yerin who looked away as her eyes passed over, and looked back at Sowon.

Her lips moved, but Yerin couldn't hear what she said. When Eunha kissed Sowon on the cheek, Yerin understood what Eunha might have said, but she was burning up inside and almost stomped her way over. calming herself down by believing that Sowon wouldn't have let Eunha do that if she were awake, Yerin walked over.

"Oh! Eunha ssi! Is it break time right now?"

Her eyebrow twitched as she smiled at Eunha who looked startled but smiled back nonetheless.

"H-hello, yes it's break. Um...since manager is here, I can leave unnie to you. I- I'll be right back!"

With that Eunha had dashed off, and Yerin took her seat next to Sowon.

"Tissue."

"Huh? Unnie you're awake?"

Sowon opened her eyes and smiled, still holding her hand out for a tissue. When finally handed one, she gently rubbed at her cheek, there wasn't a lot of makeup on her because of her character so even if she smudged something it would be easy to fix.

"I didn't expect that she would be that bold."

"Were you pretending to be asleep?"

"Well, I was trying to rest, I didn't really fall asleep."

Tossing the tissue into the trash can nearby, Sowon flopped back into her seat and looked at Yerin. She seemed like she wanted to say something, but couldn't put it into words.

"Let's.....let's just hold out until this drama is over. We'll have less chances to meet each other then, and maybe she'll realize that I'm not interested in her."

Yerin nodded, then remembered the hot tea in her hands. At first she wanted to get the coffee that Sowon liked, but at this hour, a hot tea would help her more than a coffee would, since it would soon be time to return home.

==========================

sorry, it's a little short... I guess... people just make mistakes...not everyone is perfect, not everyone can remember everything important, right?