Ch 15

She's my Manager

Sowon fiddled with the ring on her necklace, she was going to have to take it off soon, but she was feeling oddly nervous for her first day on the set.

"Sowon unnniiiiiieeee!!!"

Jumping at the sudden call, she turned around to the high pitched voice that seemed to be approaching.

"Oh, Eunha yah."

"Unnieee!!! I feel like it's been forever since I last saw you!"

"Well, I was mostly on break the last week."

"Eunha ssi? We were late and we need to apologize to the producer RIGHT NOW."

Watching as her friend got pulled away by the back of her jacket towards the camera setup while whining, the fluffiness of a blanket being wrapped around her shoulders brought her focus back.

"What's wrong? Nervous?"

"Maybe. It's been a while since the last drama right?"

"Wasn't the last one just three months ago?"

"Yeah, that's a long time."

Her manager's chuckles calmed her slightly, just slightly, nervous self. Not that the world class star could actually be nervous, pssh.

"Unnie is just too amazing! The usual numbers are closer to one a year or so, if an actor/actress was lucky, maybe they could be in two."

"Sh-shut up. Take care of this for me okay? In fact, why don't you just wear both?"

Sowon took off her necklace with their ring on it, and easily put it around Yerin's neck before she could complain.

"Someone could have se-"

"Hush, if you don't make a big reaction, nothing happened. See you later sweetie~!"

"Ah- You- haaa....you'll do great!"

----------------

"Start from the second last line.....And cue!"

Staring down at the other male actor with a chilly look that was kind of intrigued by his actions, Sowon mildly glared at him as Eunha came stomping up behind her.

"Unnie, let's just go! These people aren't worth our time."

Sowon let Eunha pull her away, successfully exiting the scene as the male lead's friends enter and wonder where the other half of a mixer went.

"Uh, they decided we weren't worth their time apparently."

"What? Bro we didn't even get to meet them yet!"

"I told you that you took too long in the bathroom."

Sowon watched silently as the director finally approved this cut and they were going to move on to the next one. She had dbeen on and off the set for the last seven hours, sometimes having lines and sometimes being silently in the background for the other cast members to gossip about her. Such was the role of the being a beautiful main character and her troubles. They finally got over the part where Eunha gets introduced to the story, now labelled sub main character because the focus wasn't always supposed to be on Sowon or the male lead, but rather the mix and mash of how youths exchanged in the dangerous game of love.

"Someone turn on the music and we'll take a break as the set gets changed."

Sowon immediately made a beeline towards the back, eyes already darting around to find where her girlfriend was hiding. Before she had found her, Sowon felt a chilly bottle touch her shoulder and immediately turned around.

"Ye-"

"Hm? What is it unnie?"

Eunha then handed her over the chilled bottle of water. In the corner of her eye, she could see Yerin almost comically walking backwards away from them. Even though she was the manager of Sowon, she still had to make sure she kept a little distance between costars who wanted to have a chat. If Sowon sent a signal however, Yerin would come up with any excuse to pull her away.

"Ah nothing, I was just looking for my manager."

"Did you find her?"

"Yeah, just over there."

Eunha peeked around Sowon and waved at Yerin who just quickly bowed her head as greeting, her hands kept together in front of her.

"I haven't seen her in a while either. Still the same manager though? Didn't unnie use to change managers every week before?"

The slight smugness in Eunha's grin was what made her all the more attractive to her audience, to say it didn't affect Sowon would be a lie. Smiling just a little brighter, (they were friends anyways) Sowon joked around.

"I mean, you saw her since the last time you saw me, unless all you can think about me just my beauty and not the surroundings beside me? You goose!"

"Hey! First of all, I'm an adorable bunny an-"

"You hate carrots~!"

"Shush! Unnie is teasing me!"

While Eunha was complaining, she gave an apologetic smile to Yerin. She did want to get pampered, but it looked like pampering would have to wait until either the next break, or until they got home.

--------------

"Hey Yerin ah?"

"Mm?"

Focused on her driving, Yerin was doing her best to drive as smoothly as possible as the actress beside her in the passenger seat was about halfway to dreamland already with the time at 5am. They had to head out again at 10am but because of retakes, they were going home a little later than planned.

"Can't we order a custom made van where they have a bed in the back?"

"Unnie, wouldn't that just be called an rv?"

"Oh. I forgot those existed."

There were a few more mumbles and Yerin eased into a stop at the red light.

"But I just want a bed."

"Then you wouldn't be able to shower?"

"Why would I need to shower in a car?"

"Unnie, if you go to bed in the car and save time by leaving the car parked at the set location, when would you shower? There are bathrooms at the locations, but those bathrooms have no baths in them remember?"

"Why do bathrooms not have baths?"

Yerin chuckled and pet Sowon's hair softly, still waiting for the green light.

"I told you to try to sleep, honey."

"But I wanna stay up en talk with you."

"We can talk after you sleep, you aren't exactly making a lot of sense right now."

"Hey can you call me honey again?"

"Hehe, alright honey."

===================

the beginning of the drama!!! (as in the show)

 

(but also the drama)

teehee