Ch 18

She's my Manager

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from my unnie?"

The male lead is chasing after Eunha's character,  as she brazenly walks away after declaring war upon him. Sowon isn't in this scene, but since she's in the next one, she's on standby off the set, somewhat comfortably relaxing in a couch, using her girlfriend's shoulder as a pillow as Yerin does her best to pretend that she was doing something else to make it look like she cared less that a goddess was on her shoulder.

She peeked now and then to check on the location of the behind the scenes camera, that thing was always running just in case they get something funny in the middle of shoots. Most of the time, the clips that Yerin had seen from the behind the scenes camera before, usually was because someone flubbed their character really hard or it was a certain actor/actress' birthday and they had a celebration that was noteworthy of showing off.

"Yerin..."

"Yes?"

"How many takes do you think they'll take?"

As Sowon sleepily asked that, Yerin could faintly hear the director demand a retake.

"Maybe two more? This is their third try already."

"You think I should sleep?"

"I told you to sleep when they were at take one, come on, close those eyes, I'll ask them for a cooling towel."

"You sure?"

"Certain."

---------------------------------

"Unnie!!! Wakey wakey! It's your turn to shine!"

Yerin had a slightly troubled expression, but she couldn't exactly tell Eunha to stop, since, she wasn't exactly doing anything wrong, it was time for Sowon to wake up, but something ub Yerin wasn't really pleased that this was happening right beside her.

"What."

Sowon growled a little and sat up, the cool towel over her eyes falling and Yerin helpfully just caught it and also, poked Sowon in the side. Sowon shot her a glare, but when Yerin had that pleading face, her glare melted.

"It's already time to go?"

"It's time for you and me on that stage unnie!"

"Oh."

Sowon stood up and stretched, going over to the makeup table to touch up anything that might have smudged before going up to the set.

"Manager, could you go out and get me a coffee?"

"What would you like?"

"Something that takes quite a long time to make?"

"Eh?"

"Just the usual is fine."

"O...kay? Do your best Sowon unnie."

"I will."

Yerin left the venue, feeling a little down. She wanted to see Sowon act, even though this wasn't their first drama together, and to be fair, she should be used to seeing Sowon's acting skills, but she still loved seeing Sowon doing her best. Having the gut feeling that something might be wrong, Yerin went to the nearest coffee shop and ordered Sowon's favored Americano with less sugar. Hopefully it was just the sleepy talk that made Sowon's request sound weird, because otherwise, she would be wanting to hide something from Yerin.

And psh, there's no way she would be hiding something from Yerin. Cheering herself up by thinking of when their shoot was going to be over, Yerin also got a donut for Sowon.

-----------------------------

Sowon sighed a little and rubbed her temple to ease the growing headache she was having now. This scene required her to either kiss, or nearly kiss Eunha. The very reason why she sent Yerin away, because this would be the first time she would be kissing another girl. In her career, it wasn't odd that she would smooch another actor, but it was strictly kept business and it was over in less than five shots, since, she was still young and it was sometimes doable to just lean close together and let the camera angle do all the other work.

Now, she had already stealed her heart, as she always does to prepare for a scene. Working with other actors meant that your personal feelings don't get away when on camera, even if one hated another actor, it would not be visible, especially not to the public, since that would cause some burning for either side of the hate.

Everything was perfect up until it was Eunha's job to lean in and steal a kiss to make Sowon's character understand what her feelings were, not just friendship. Now, this was the first time that Sowon had actually seen Eunha nervous, and it had initially surprised her. even when the first attempt ended in Eunha headbutting her in the chin accidentally, she really expected that Eunha of all people would be able to handle kiss scenes.

This was the beginning of take four and Sowon was beginning to worry that Yerin would be back soon and end up seeing them kissing.

"Eunha, calm down. It's JUST a kiss."

"I know! But you know? It's you I'm kissing!"

"Breathe. Please."

They were already good friends, and some good friends are used to giving kisses on cheeks, so why in the world was Eunha being so nervous on kissing her? Sowon just rubbed her neck a little as she stretched it around. Maybe Eunha just never kissed a girl on the lips, since it was almost 99% certain that her acting partner was a person of the opposite gender.

"Look, this is just a physical meeting between lips. Hold that position for just fifteen seconds, you can do it. Or can you not? Top actress of the year Jung Eunha?"

"I can! I definitely can!"

Not wanting to lose face or finally calming down, they finally got the shot that the director wanted and Sowon silently wiped on the back of her hand as she went to the bathroom. She needed Yerin to overwrite that, asap. It wasn't that it wasn't pleasant, or that it was disgusting for her, but it just didn't feel right to be giving her lips to someone that wasn't Yerin. There wasn't any guilt, since she was an actress and this was part of her job, but well, no one in the world could beat her honey at being a better kisser.

Smiling to herself, Sowon patted her cheeks. One more scene. The dreaded rejection scene.

Of all scenes that Sowon had to do, the type that she hated the most were rejections. You had to either be mean about it, or so sorry about it, and worry about the other but have no choice but to answer "truthfully" that it was a no. There were a myriad of things that she needed to express with just a few lines.

===================

Im hungry

did you see that comeback notif? I sure did :D