Ch 25

She's my Manager

Yerin sat on her bed, silently listening to the constant chattering outside. Even if the chattering was more of a one sided conversation that Sowon sometimes hummed to as she worked hard at trying to set up the tent as Eunha fooled around with the parts more, she for some reason couldn't bring herself to fully shut her door, or ignore them.

"Yerin? Are you still awake?"

Jolting out of her daze, Yerin stood up and pulled open the door that Sowon had somehow walked over silently to.

"What is it?"

"I need help."

Yerin immediately smiled and almost held Sowon's hand to pull her back to the livingroom but quickly pulled her hand back to prevent doing something weird. Sowon's pout was too cute.

"What step are you on?"

"Standing it up, I can't stop it from spilling over itself and collapsing."

Yerin hummed and looked at the mess of poles and found that it was only missing a few catches before it was able to stand, remembering how she had done it before on a camping trip before with friends. When they had trouble back then, SinB was the one to help her, but now there was no SinB and Sowon was relying on her. 

"Eunha ssi, hold this part and then lift it when I say so. Sowon unnie you can pull this middle part up when I push this stick in."

Of course, utilizing Sowon's height, she managed to force the stick into the correct place and finished hooking the tent onto the skeleton.

"Thanks!"

"No problem Eunha ssi."

Yerin looked awkwardly as Eunha pulled Sowon inside the tent, clearly excited about being in it. Rubbing her arm, she stepped back.

"Um...I'll be in my room if you need me."

Not receiving a reply even after waiting a moment, Yerin walked back to her room and sat on the edge of her bed. Without her knowing it, her eyebrows furrowed together as she pondered upon a furiously burning feeling in her chest. Fishing her phone out of her pocket, Yerin decided to watch the episodes of Sowon's drama on the premium site that showed the episodes almost as soon as they were finished editing, at least several weeks ahead of public television's for a certain membership price. Clicking on the second episode, Yerin paused at the beginning of the episode when Sowon's name appeared on the bottom of the screen as credits were sometimes placed. A highlight in the beginning with the title and again in the end of the episode with everyone else and their roles.

Feeling guilty that she was watching the show without Sowon, she heard giggles coming from outside her room and she sighed. It wasn't like she promised Sowon that they would watch it together on the tv, besides, Sowon didn't even want to watch the first episode with her, she watched it alone. Who said she couldn't do things without permission from Sowon anyways? Hitting play, Yerin stared a the screen blankly as time passed.

-----------------------------

Yawning as the fifth episode ended, Yerin shut her screen and covered her eyes with an arm, tired from the screen's light and the fact that she hadn't fallen asleep yet. Sure, their schedule in the morning wasn't too early and Sowon had to be at the salon before lunch, but was there really that many things to talk about? She did notice that Sowon didn't reply as often as she had earlier in the night. Since, after taking Sowon to eat a the restaurant for lunch, Eunha had dragged Sowon shopping all the way until they came back, which was why Yerin even had the time to go procure the camping equipment.

"Eunha yah, if you like this kind of atmosphere so much, why don't you go guesting on those surviving the wild programs?"

"If unnie goes with me I'll go do it."

"You know I can't stand bugs, it would be better to take someone else to go with you."

"But I want unnie."

"I don't wanna go."

"Go with meeeeee"

Yerin removed her arm, blocking her sight seemed to make their conversation louder and she was already starting to feel like certain words of Eunha were being a little confusing to put in a friend context. Opening her phone again, Yerin went to see the updates on the social media of the show to see the reviews and the like. Seeing that the latest story post of the show was blowing up, Yerin curiously tapped on it. The title was "episode 10 ending screenshot" and Yerin stared for a while, not sure what she was seeing.

She suddenly remembered that when she was reading about episode 10, Sowon had stopped her and told her that she didn't appear in the latter half of episode 10. But if this screenshot was the ending scene, then Sowon definitely appeared in both halves of the episode. The two people were sharing a kiss. Sowon's eyes were open in surprise and Eunha's eyes were shut tightly as if in desperation. Yerin closed the post and tossed her phone aside, rolling onto her side on the bed, facing the wall.

Sowon tried to hide this scene from her. For what reason? They both knew that it was just a job, Yerin had seen Sowon kiss other male actors for a drama before too. Sowon didn't hide those. Pouting by herself in the dark room, Yerin stared at the wall before realizing that Sowon's poster was there and then she closed her eyes. What's with this feeling of wanting to see someone so badly, but also not wanting to see them right now?

She frustratedly threw her blanket over her head and tucked herself into a ball. The blanket muffled Eunha's voice a little further. Why was Eunha special enough to have to hide a kiss? Because she was a girl? Because she liked her too? Now that she thought about it, if she were to think of Eunha's words in the way that Eunha was chasing after Sowon, wouldn't "I want you" be outrageous? Even if Sowon brushed her off, there was no stopping the cloudy feeling in Yerin's heart.

There was never a moment in Yerin's life that she wanted sleep to come as fast as she did now.

======================

sorry it was delayed because I was brain dead from a timed written exam and like STRESS but hey, YERIN FOUND OUT (;´Д`)