Ch 24

She's my Manager

"You know what, let's have a indoor camping experience instead."

Eunha looked at Sowon like she had grown a third eye. Sowon did her best to look convincing, which wouldn't be hard if her opponent wasn't as great of an actress as herself.

"I mean, I wanted to try, and maybe you could try it with me?"

"Indoor camping experience?"

Sowon nodded enthusiastically. One way or another that bed was not going to have anyone but herself and Yerin on it, even if she had to sleep on the floor in order to make sure.

"Look, it's a fresh way to have fun without the nature issues such as weather and bugs! Besides, you don't want to try things with me? Do I make that weird of choices as friends? Maybe I should do it with my manager first and-"

"I'll do it!"

Well that was simple, to think that using her manager's name would really trigger Eunha's desire to monopolize. What wasn't simple was that Sowon was starting to catch onto why Eunha was behaving the way she was. She wasn't a hundred percent certain, but with this small girl chasing after her to do things together with such insistency and kind of nosying into her and her manager's relationship- wait, was Eunha aiming for Yerin?!

"We'll set up a tent in the living and sleep in the sleeping bags."

"Sure!"

Sowon raised her eyebrows, no, if Eunha was aiming for Yerin, then she wouldn't be trying to get so close to Sowon physically. As bad as she feared it would be, it would appear that Eunha desired Sowon. Since bringing it up when Sowon wasn't fully certain could only end in embarassment, Sowon could only wait until Eunha said something. Or, if she took things too far.

"We're here at the restaurant! Come on unnie! I'm treating by the way, I already gave them my card number when booking the place so you can't steal the receipt like you always do!"

"Wha- hey, you wouldn't dutch pay so I had to cover for you too silly!"

"Eh?!"

"I'm just teasing."

Sowon ruffled up Eunha's hair, at least she could enjoy her company as a friend.

------------------------

Yerin looked at the livingroom, the coffee table pushed to the side and the floor cleared of several things to open up a space. Somehow, she had received a text to go out and buy a tent small enough to fit in their livingroom and two sleeping bags that had pillows with them. She didn't really understand what it was for, or why it would happen yet, and when she asked Sowon, there wasn't a reply yet. Likely they were now in the restaurant and Sowon wasn't able to fidget with her phone.

She wasn't told to set up the tent, but she did take out all the parts from the box and set them out in an easy to navigate places, going from large items to small. Surely this was a simple build of placing the poles in the correct catches and then hooking the tent itselt to the frame then propping the whole thing up by the largest supports that needed strength to bend into the last corner catches.

Retreating to her room after grabbing a small bite to eat from the convenience store, which by the way was a delicious fruit sandwich, Yerin sat down on her bed and patted her stuffed animals absentmindedly. Sure, Sowon had told her to order take out to eat and she might get scolded for eating so little later, but to be honest, she wasn' t really in the mood to eat and thus only ate something that had enough nutrients to quiet her stomach until she actually felt hungry.

"Maybe I should get something warm to drink."

There was a small nagging feeling that she could feel in her chest, and she wasn't sure what it meant. Maybe she caught a cold? A cough? Or maybe she was just lacking excercise or a certain nutrient. Walking out of her room to the kitchen, Yerin settled down at the counter, realizing that she had automatically placed one of Sowon's coffee pods into the machine and started it, even though she didn't usually drink coffee. Propping her cheek on her arms that crossed on the table, Yerin watched the brown caffeinated liquid stream into the mug, wondering what she was going to do with it.

Well, she could drink it. She did come out of her room to see if a hot drink would make her feel better from this weird emptiness and irritation. Holding the mug with both hands, Yerin stared into the steam. It wasn't like she didn't like coffee, and this was Sowon's favorite flavor too. Taking a sip, Yerin hummed at the slightly bitter heat flowed into her body. This didn't seem to be working, but now she had to finish the mug anyways so she took the mug with her to her room, sitting down on her bed again.

Staring vacantly at the wall of posters of Sowon, Yerin smiled a little. In their first apartment that Yerin moved into when she just started being Sowon's manager, the room that she was moved into was a room where Sowon kept her fan goods and posters that the company gifted to her. It wasn't necessary to put up these posters when they moved into this apartment, but Yerin had insisted that they had to show Sowon's magnificent images whether someone would see it or not. Maybe that was weird of her, but Sowon allowed it anyways. In a way, this was a room full of love for Sowon, and Yerin liked that. There were numerous boxes of goods in this room, making it seem smaller than it should be, but since Yerin seldom slept here, even though she intended to sleep here, she would 90% of the time be in Sowon's bed.

Hearing the ping of the intercom telling her that someone had just entered the lobby of the apartment building with their unit's password, Yerin knew that they had returned. Now, did they need help with the tent? Or should she hide in her room? After all, this was one of those situations between stars and as a manager she needed to stand back and let them do what they wanted within reasonable bounds.

"Yerin? I'm back!"

"Welcome back, Unnie, Eunha ssi."

"Hey manager!"

Yerin blinked as she watched as Sowon pulled Eunha with her past Yerin at the entrance, heading over to the tent set quickly, only giving Yerin a quick apologetic look. That reminded Yerin, Sowon told her to buy only two sleeping bags. She was going to sleep in her room by herself, not even in the livingroom. She watched vacantly as Eunha happily chattered away as Sowon looked at the instruction manual. What was this annoying feeling?

===============

ohohohohohohooohooo