Ch 27

She's my Manager

Eunha stayed quiet in the car when they finally made it out of the house. After sending the two to the salon, Yerin had to go back and clean up the livingroom, since, Eunha wasn't going to be allowed to stay over again no matter how much she might've wanted to. Arriving at the salon, Yerin parked the car and got out to Sowon, blocking Sowon's head from hitting the ceiling of the car as she got off even if it was rare that Sowon wouldn't duck low enough, being the tall person she was. Offering her hand to Eunha, Yerin blinked as Eunha seemed a bit cold and ignored her hand, getting off the car by herself.

Well, there wasn't anything that she did wrong so Yerin just let it go. Eunha was a big girl who could handle her own personal relationships and Yerin wasn't even her manager, there needed no spare thoughts for her. Fully focused on her job as a manager, Yerin politely lead the way into the salon, holding the door open for the both of them before walking back in front of Sowon and talking to the lady at the front to check in.

"Unnie, why do you let her keep walking in front of you? She's just your manager, why does she walk like she deserves to be in front of you?"

"Eunha, that's being rude."

"Sorry, I was just being curious, unnie seemed like the kind of person to not let anyone force things on her, so I found it weird that you would let her pull you along."

"But I'm not letting her pull me along?"

"Okay."

"Eunha yah, aren't you caring a little too much about me?"

With that as her parting sentence as she was guided by the attendant to her seat in the salon, Sowon hoped that Eunha would think about what she wanted to say before saying it.

Yerin who had quietly listened to their conversation wondered if Eunha meant for her to hear it, or just to make gossip among the salon workers. She was doing it like this, because Sowon wanted her to be her guard of a sorts. (ref. season 1 lmao)

-----------------------------------

"You said that you rejected me because you didn't feel any special feelings towards me. Is that because you just don't like men in general? You'd rather date that girl that always chased after your heel?"

Sowon's character remained calm as the male lead was pleading with her, blaming her instead of himself for the reason why she wasn't attracted to him.

"That's not the case, I just see you as a brother and she as a sister."

"But you would choose her?!?"

"I didn't choose her either."

The inexplicable expression on the male lead was perfect, his pure misunderstanding and utter confusion. So what? Just because you were a man, doesn't mean that the girl whose attention you were trying to catch will like you for that reason. There were so many more parts to a person. Sowon looks blankly down at the male lead who is now looking away in frustration, what does Sowon's character not understand what the male character is pointing at? Eunha's character arrives on the scene, but this time, she stands back, slightly hiding behind a tree. Sowon takes notice of her and Eunha looks away, avoiding eye contact.

Unfortunate as it was for Sowon's character, there wasn't going to be a happy ending, especially since the two love interests of the story couldn't stay as friends. At the least, it would take more time than the drama had to explain how that would matter, and which friends you ought to keep or not, but that would be too many topics to cover in one tiny drama.

"Tiny drama...."

Yerin hummed to herself, looking at the ratings so far, and in her opinion, it wasn't going to stay tiny. But the chances of it being a huge hit was very clearly impossible. Since it touched a sensitive topic, not even that sensitive at this day an age but the power of broadcast censoring and what not, it was still rare and would likely not attract the right audience with the right minds to actually appreciate it.

"Cut! We might retake one part of it. Review Eunha's cameras!"

Sowon relaxed a little and rolled her neck muscles to loosen up, looking sideways at Yerin who was at the edge of the set and not allowed in, she gave a small smile. Soon, they would wrap up this final episode scene and then proceed onto the remaining scenes in the other episodes. It wasn't that often that a drama would start filming from scene 1 episode 1 after all.

"We need Eunha's look to go into the camera, not just at Sowon ssi. Places!"

Places, the director said, but the only camera needed was the one doing the close up on Eunha. Eunha would look at Sowon and they would take a side angle, then pull a camera in front and Eunha would look into it, though it was just an extra shot to consider whether or not to keep in editing, it was still important to get as many videos of different possibilities to capture the precise emotions after all.

"Alright! Cut! Take a break everyone!"

Sowon quickly stepped out of the set and walked straight to Yerin who wrapped her in a blanket, even if there was no wind, warmth was always important. Ushering her to her designated seating area, Yerin massaged Sowon's shoulders quietly.

"Yerin?"

"Yes unnie?"

"You seem lost in thought."

"Do I? Haha, likely about you don't you think?"

"Flirty today aren't you? I don't mind, I like you that way too."

Yerin bit her lip, trying to hold in her smile. But in the corner of her eye, she noticed Eunha looking straight at her. Cooling down considerable from her blank look, Yerin pretended not to see her and looked away.

====================

perhaps the war is already won and Yerin knows that Sowon isn't unfaithful? hahahahahhaha

(I think there will still be a little bit of jealousy before they totally talk it out)