Ch 30

She's my Manager

"Can we get a redo? Places!"

Yerin yawned, rubbing her shoulders to slightly warm herself against the oncoming cold front. They were still in the middle of shooting and if she were the manager of any other, she would be in the car sleeping instead of supporting her girlfriend. Managing to fall asleep after getting riled up was already bothering how much pep into her step but getting a dream that made it a little worse but not remembering it? Yerin could only sigh at her imagination that always seemed to be nonexistent until it pops out at her like this.

Slapping her cheeks a little to wake up, Yerin looked around the waiting area, noticing that Eunha's usual seat (as designated by the tag on the back) finally had a jacket on it. However, her manager was not sat in the seat next to it, for it was empty. Where was the shorter co-star? Yerin knew that Eunha was going to be at the set later since she didn't have as many scenes as Sowon and well, maybe because of how the schedule is, she only had to arrive in the afternoon.

Sometimes, talking to the other managers was a good way to pass time, they liked to ask her about how Sowon was doing, if she was going to appear on so and so red carpet. For the time being, Yerin had not heard of any such plans to go on catwalks or red carpets aside from the red carpet for this drama at the year end festival. Even though the drama wasn't done yet, it was a nominee for an award and it would have finished by the time the ceremony arrived. Plus she had planned out however many days of rest after the final shoot.

"Cut! Let's take a snack break and continue."

Yerin got up from her seat quickly and walked over to Sowon with a blanket to wrap her in, the usual of everyone gossiping about Sowon's cute and extra long blankets for her extra long legs.

"Do you need anything unnie?"

"Aside from you, no."

Yerin quickly avoided looking at Sowon's grin in an attempt to fight her blush and bit her lip to stop her smile.

"Unnie don't do that!"

"Hmm, maybe if you hold me tighter."

This was likely because Yerin's hands had frozen when she was halfway done wrapping Sowon in her blanket, leaving her arms mostly around her. Finishing the act of burrito wrapping an actress to protect her from the wind, Yerin quickly led the way to their seats.

"I-If you feel cold, let me know immediately. This is the coffe you told me to order earlier, it's in a thermos instead of the paper cups that they give because I was worried that it would get cold when you were doing the retake."

"Oho~ one could slip alcohol in this and be drinking on the job."

"Eh???"

Sowon chuckled and sipped her coffee, of course her future wife would miss an easy joke, exactly how she loved her. Setting down the thermos and sighing as she glanced in the direction of the monitors, Sowon wanted to lean back and just take a nap. She was the main character, not the person who should be on screen for 99% of the drama, but considering that the scenes were organized in the way that she had asked, for her to have all of her scenes done first, Sowon was almost always in a shoot for a scene in her eyes. After her final shoot, everyone else had a few more things to film, in scenes that lacked her character.

"Yerin ah."

"Yes?"

"Do you think we'll go home early tonight?"

"Eh? Based on our experience so far, no."

"Hey, wanna bet on it? Loser has to listen to the winner's one wish."

Yerin hummed and tapped her chin.

"Was it necessary to make a bet? if unnie wanted me to do something I would do it without having to lose."

"I just want to! Sometimes there are things you can't just ask for, but demand for!"

Yerin could see the glint in Sowon's eyes as well as the way that it trailed down her body. Perhaps both parties were suffering from a mood? If that was the case, then....Yerin wouldn't mind losing to Sowon. Was there anything that she needed or wanted Sowon to do though?

"Unnie I can't think up of a demand, so tell me yours as reference."

"Hm? If I tell you that means that you accept this bet."

"...then I accept."

Wanting to hear what Sowon wanted from her directly, Yerin ended up agreeing to the bet.

"I want you, to wear a certain something."

"Huh?"

"You'll see when I win."

"Eh?"

The director called for a quick meeting and Sowon went off, Yerin did have to attend as well, but her mind was filled with question marks. Wear what? If this was a demand for her to wear something, then it would mean something that Yerin wouldn't normally wear on her own? Something embarassing? But the pure heart of Yerin would never figure out what Sowon wanted her to wear.

____________________________

"Sowon ssi? Could we get your manager?"

"Okay! I'll let her know."

Sowon hustled over to a half asleep Yerin who was falling prey to the chill of the air to hibernate. Her mind had already rotated a million clothes that she would be unwilling to wear. One, a bikini because it was freezing cold outside. Two, a full body animal costume, she had done it before as a part time job and those things were hard to breath in.

"Yerin ah, they need you at a meeting."

"Oh? Ok, relax here unnie."

Noticing that Eunha seemed to be watching her back as she left, the tell of Eunha's movement was given away by her distinctively cute voice calling for Sowon.

"You needed me?"

She was a teensy bit annoyed that she couldn't be Sowon's shield for people who wanted to socialize but she was doing a job.

"Err, with the darkness of the night encroaching faster than usual, we have to delay the last scene of today to tomorrow evening. You can go home earlier today, but I want your thoughts on whether you can add one more day to the end of the schedule for this shift, in case we run out of time."

"Oh, I see. I'll give management at the company a heads up but for the most part it should be fine."

Well, Sowon's vacation might be delayed and extra day and the number of days on set had increased by one. Walking back towards Sowon who was now chatting with Eunha, Yerin texted the plans to management before reaching her car keys, ready to leave.

Wait. They were leaving early!!!

========================

ahem *wink* oh, and happy new years soon!