Ch 44

She's my Manager

"Yewon ah, what do you want to do?"

Having finished lunch and now taking a stroll on the way back to their place of stay, the girls were enjoying the sea breeze. Yerin had a slight blush due to holding Sowon's hand in public for the first time in a while. There were cases where Sowon's hand would be hooked on her arm when she was escorting and they had been caught in pictures that way before, but to be holding hands with their fingers linked, was rare.

Conversation drowned out by the somewhat noisy thumping of her heart, Yerin sometimes wondered why she seemed to revert to a person who was experiencing love for the first time, always thinking that mistakes would upset her partner, how her heart raced from absolutely nothing. But she supposed this was just how love was like, falling deeper and deeper. Unconciously squeezing Sowon's hand a little while looking at the ground to hide her blush, Yerin didn't notice Sowon's look of curiosity before a smile bloomed.

"Yerin? Are you listening?"

"H-huh?"

Sowon glanced around, her eyes darting side to side under the protection of her sunglasses before leaning over and kissing Yerin on the cheek. Yerin squeaked in surprise.

"Baby, they said they wanted to play on the beach."

"O-oh."

"You want to go with them?"

"I-if you are..."

"Cute."

Sowon tugged Yerin closer, just enough to loosen their hands and Sowon replaced her arm over Yerin's shoulder, half hugging her as they walked. Usually there was a slight jarring motion, Yerin thought, when two poeple tried to walk next to each other but matching up their movement she thought was hard. Lucky for her, Sowon's height over her made it much easier to just walk at the same pace, though she couldn't figure out what to do with her right hand, now that it was free. Noticing Yerin's attention to her empty hand, Sowon held Yerin's right hand in her own, bringing it up to her lips to kiss the back.

"You can hold my waist, no one is watching."

Yerin blushed as Sowon helpfully guided her hand to her waist. It felt nice, to be holding Sowon somewhat. Kind of like returning the half hug that they had going on. Hearing a chuckle though, Yerin blushed and her hand gripped the side of Sowon's shirt in an embarassed reflex. It wasn't that no one was watching, Yewon and Yuna were there, Sowon meant that no outsiders were staring.

If only there was a less conspicuous way to hide her hot cheeks.

--------------------------

Yerin giggled as she and Yuna still had enough energy to splash each other over and over again. Yewon was watching nearby, seated on a towel under an umbrella further up the beach, Sowon asleep in the beach chair next to her. The actress had tired out earlier than all of them and Yewon had gone to take a break after Sowon had actually fallen asleep to check on her. Although as an actress with a perfect figure, Sowon just didn't have the muscles that Yerin had to keep wading through waist deep in the water.

"Yuna! Stop! Ah!"

Spluttering after another particularly large splash, Yerin waved to stop.

"Yuna! Let's take a break and get a snack."

"Okay!"

Finally heading for shore, Yerin noticed how Yewon glanced in Sowon's direction every so often, even though it would be pretty obvious if Sowon woke up.

"What's up Yewon?"

"Yerin unnie, nothing. I was just wondering if she was always this easily tired out."

Rubbing the excess water off of her legs, Yerin hummed.

"Well, when she's working, she goes on long hours just fine, but I guess the gravity of moving through water is just too tough for her."

"Right, unnie doesn't do action dramas often."

"Is it alright if I wake her?"

"Why are you asking me? You can decide Yerin unnie."

Yerin smiled as she poked Sowon's cheek, feeling less embarassed now that they had spent an afternoon together.

"Well, you're her sister."

"I-I think that if she needs to sleep more, then she can sleep in a bed instead."

"Then that's what we'll do."

Yerin pulled Sowon's cheek slightly,  getting the actress to grunt before waking up.

"Hwa u oldin ah eek or?"

"So you can wake up and go sleep in a bed."

Sowon whined and pulled her cheek from Yerin's hand, rolling her shoulders to stretch a little to wake up.

"Is it dinner time yet?"

"Are you hungry?"

Sowon blinked and opened her eyes again.

"The sun is still up."

"That's right."

"Snack time?"

A giggle sounded to Sowon's left and she was surprised, almost forgetting that they were no longer just the two of them anymore on this trip.

"A-ahem. Did you have fun Yewon?"

"I did. I really did unnie. Let's go get some rest."

"If you want to."

How awkward. Yerin started giggling into her hands, trying to keep quiet as Sowon's embarassment reached peak levels. For her to show such a spoiled side in front of her little sister! Her dignity was-!

======================

sad anouncement : I'm working towards a good ending