Ch 11

She's my Manager

Waking up first as usual, Yerin stretched her arms over her head, releasing a sleepy groan as her muscles woke up. Settling down all comfy, she looked beside her where Sowon was asleep as expected. It seemed that they had been tangled up together but Sowon's infrequent movements in her sleep had managed to end with her facing the other way from Yerin upon this morning.

Thinking nothing of it and remembering that they had about two weeks of break, but this break of course had the few jobs that they couldn't cancel due to priority. Today, was one of the completely empty days and Yerin realized that she had put her shirt back on backwards before sleeping. Tucking her arms to pull it back to the front properly, she did her best not to think about anything too exciting in the morning, she snuggled back under the blanket and tucked up against Sowon's back.

Having slept a decent amount of time thanks to no alarms ringing, Yerin still could sleep some more, not that sleeping more at once would allow a human to stock up on rest, but for the day, it'll feel nicer.

"...n."

The soft murmur reached Yerin's ears. She smiled and snuggled a little closer to Sowon, the tip of her nose touching Sowon's back and her arm thrown over her waist.

"...n?...n.."

Sowon didn't really sleep talk, but sometimes she made noises when her surroundings had changed in someway, such as Yerin hugging her from the back. Just as she was about to fall asleep again, Yerin was jolted awake by a phone ringing on the bedside table. Grabbing her phone out of instinct, she unlocked it thinking it was her phone and management needed her.

"Hello?!"

The ringing didn't stop, so Yerin blinked and put down her phone to grab Sowon's. Seeing that it wasn't Yewon, she couldn't answer for the sleeping beauty beside her, who was now slowly waking up.

"Sojung?"

"....mm?"

"You've got a call."

"Yewon?"

"Eunha I think."

"Think?"

"You have her recorded as Jung Eunbi, unnie."

"Right."

Yerin watched as Sowon blankly stared at her from her slightly propped up position on the pillows. Smiling as Sowon continued to stare but make no move to answer the now not ringing phone as it had gone to voicemail, Yerin crawled back to Sowon's side, letting the older wrap her arms around her shoulders and lean her head on Sowon's shoulder, Sowon placing her cheek atop Yerin's forehead.

"You don't want to answer it?"

"Nn nn."

"Sleepy?"

"Mm. Sleep with me?"

"Haha, I woke up earlier so this time it'll be harder to but I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

She did have things to do and prepare as a manager, she also had to keep in touch with the coordinator of the drama to make sure that the new schedule would come on time or not and negotiate how long they could make Sowon work in a day.

The grip around her tightened a little and Yerin could feel Sowon shake her head, or maybe she was nuzzling her cheek.

"You're staying here until I wake up again."

"Alright."

Deciding to spoil Sowon for their first day of semi vacation, Yerin also thought about where they should go for a breath of fresh air, maybe there was a place by one of the cities that they still had schedules at. There was an event in Busan that Sowon had to attend later this week, maybe they could go to a hotel near a quieter part of the beach, it would probably cost more for the privacy, but it would be worth it. Oh, maybe they could go to one that had those Japanese onsen things. Like this, Yerin spent her time as she waited for both sleep to come and for Sowon to decide to wake up.

Of course, if her stomach started to growl, there was no choice but to get up.

------------------------------

"Unnie are you sure you don't want anything else?"

"Nope."

Having finally gotten out of bed in the afternoon, Yerin was going to have french toast with syrup for her sweet tooth but Sowon who didn't have such a sweet tooth was asking her to make the same thing for her.

"I'll leave out the syrup for you."

"No!"

Sowon whined from their dining table, half splayed across it with her long arms as she rested her cheek on the cool wooden surface and peeking at Yerin sideways.

"I want to have the same exact thing!"

Yerin raised her eyebrows but focused on putting the egg dipped bread on the pan. If Sowon complained, it wouldn't be her fault.

"I just want to eat the same thing that you are eating."

"I know. It's very cute of you to want to, but unnie, I sometimes put sugar on-"

A slight twitch of Sowon's eyebrows and the falter of the corner of Sowon's lip made Yerin laugh.

"Okay, okay, baby I won't put sugar on the toast today."

"Yay! I mean, you could if you want to."

Yerin laughed and flipped the sizzling toasts.

"Wait, did you just call me baby?"

The sudden realization that her tongue might have slipped, she held her tongue and refused to turn around and look Sowon in the eyes, for her cheeks started to turn red.

"Call me that again. Please? Pretty please? Come on, call me baby one more time."

"U-unnie."

"Noooooo!"

"Unnie is being unfair."

Setting two plates of french toast on the table, Yerin turned away with a puffed cheek to hide her embarrassment. Sowon kept trying to meet her eyes, but Yerin still avoided them until her cheeks got squished by Sowon's long fingers.

"Yennie please?"

"B-baby...."

Averting her eyes and supressing an inner scream, Yerin took a deep breath. Well, to be honest, the inside of her head was just filled with thoughts of Sowon anyways, any petname that she had been thinking of whenever she were looking at her girlfriend during work would slip eventually, she resigned her fate.

"Yennie."

"Mm?"

"I love you lots."

"Me too."

=========================

ahhhhhhhh I am cleansed