Ch 16

She's my Manager

"Are you sure you're alright?"

Yerin held onto Sowon's hand, half steadying her and half holding her back from walking back onto the set. The break time for the day had just ended and Sowon had only managed a small nap and her complexion wasn't looking great. Taking another sip of water, Sowon put down her bottle and squeezed Yerin's hand.

"I'll be fine."

Letting go, Yerin worriedly watched as Sowon's character came back to life in front of the camera. Even last night she had done her best to make sure that Sowon could fit as much rest in between days, but it was hard to convince a chatty and sleepy actress to sleep when she just wanted to listen to her girlfriend's voice.

"Tonight, I'll pretend to be asleep first!"

But then Sowon might get upset. Yerin grumbled and rubbed her head, how else could she convince Sowon that she needed sleep more than she needed her at the moment? Maybe if she said it very seriously and very sincerely that sleep was very important she would listen, then again, it was always hard to win against Sowon.

"Maybe if I use an incentive? But what would she want?"

Sighing to herself, Yerin sat down in her chair as the director called a redo before the first run through of the scene was over. If only there was an easier way to cure fatigue.

---------------------------

"Unnie? Oh, here you are! Come on, you promised to go to the cafe with me today!"

Sowon looked to Eunha with her best confused face, but as the script goes, she gets dragged away again and her character begins to realize something.

"Why are you always pulling me away when I'm talking with him?"

"Hm? What do you mean unnie?"

Sowon stops Eunha carefully, holding her shoudlers, a move that you often don't see made by female characters, but actually by male characters. This was specifically done to show off a particular quirk to Sowon's character, she was a cool beauty.

"Do you know something about him that I don't? Do you not like me being near him? If just tell me, I'll listen to you."

Eunha shows her hesitation well and Sowon is silently appreciating her friend's acting skill.

"N-no, it's nothing."

"But I didn't promise to go to the cafe with you today, why would you make up a lie?"

"O-oh? I thought it was today? Today wasn't friday?"

Like this, Sowon's airhead character has to forgive Eunha's character and pat her on the head, utilizing her height to exude her coolness.

"It's still wednesday silly, aren't you studying a little too hard?"

"Hahaha, I guess I might've overdone it a little."

And thus the scene ends and the conversation is over, supposedly passed on as an accident because despite the cool beauty that Sowon's character was, she was smart, but also an airhead at reading people's desires.

"Cut! That's a wrap!"

Sowon gives a tired smile and joins in the other actors and staff at thanking each other for doing their best until so late, working together and so on. She's headed for her manager who was currently waiting with their backpack of things and Sowon's spare clothes, when she gets pulled over by Eunha.

"Unnie! You were amazing today! You were soooooo cool!!!"

"Hehe, thanks, if you're the one saying that means a lot doesn't it?"

"Eyyy you're just trying to my ego. Do you want to go out and grab food before calling it quits today?"

When it's Eunha asking and in front of so many people, Sowon really had to hesitate and decide carefully if she should go or not, but she felt a tap on her shoulder. Yerin tugged her hand from her sides and placed her change of clothes into her hands.

"Sorry to interupt but Sowon ssi needs to hurry and change her clothes, the wardrobe crew is asking for it to pack up for the night, Eunha ssi too, should quickly get comfortable, you were adorable up there as usual."

Keeping a business smile, Yerin kindly pushed Sowon towards the changing room and distracted Eunha who seemed to look after Sowon for a little bit.

"Ah, thank you manager nim, I still think Sowon unnie did better though."

"I'm sure there's still places to improve, Eunha ssi what time will you be here tomorrow?"

"Er, I'll have to ask my manager for that, speaking of which, where is he?"

Sowon came back slowly, her face now rubbed of most of the makeup, leaving the lighter stuff for appearances before she finally leaves the set. Yerin quickly wraps a blanket over her shoulders and starts to usher her towards the exit to the parking garage all while Eunha was distracted.

"I think I saw him asleep over there somewhere, and sorry about this but we'll be leaving now Eunha ssi, good luck finding your manager! Have a goodnight!"

Sowon manages a quick good night to Eunha before getting moved into the parking garage as quick as possible.

"Um, Yerin?"

"Yes?"

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Were you jealous?"

Yerin looked at Sowon in pure confusion, did she miss something? Sowon, seeing the innocence in Yerin's expression, just shook her head and patted her on the shoulder.

"Thanks, you saved me from having to eat heavy today."

"Well, I wanted as much time as possible for you to have a good meal and time to digest before you fell asleep. Did you want to chat with Eunha ssi some more? Sorry about hurrying you so much."

Yerin was still moving very efficiently, pulling and doing Sowon's seatbelt before she could herself and already started the car and backing out of the spot.

"Haha, if I didn't know better, I would be thinking that you wanted to go home faster than I do."

Yerin puffed her cheeks a little and scolds Sowon.

"You need all the rest you can get! ALL!"

"I got it love, I got it. Now if you agree to sleeping in my bed tonight, then everything is perfect."

Yerin paused, clearly thinking towards the lines of Sowon needed as much sleep as possible and that her being next her might mix up that sleep but Sowon chuckled and cut off her train of thought.

"I sleep better if you're next to me."

"I-.....Okay."

===============

help....my router.....it got fried in the heat wave and its been going in and out....the new one might arrive in two weeks....but....ahhhhhhhh ;n;

anyways, is it visible? Where the drama plot is going towards? I think it's quite easy to read into it, and then parallel to their real life, the drama I hope won't feel too typical so I'll do my best to make it unique :P