Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For some time we just stared at each other, until Baekhyun's eyes fell on the ground. He avoided more eye-contact with me and kept looking at the ground. 

"Byun... You didn't show up the whole day. Explain!" I tried to find the right words. For sometime Baekhyun didn't answer, but then spoke with a weak voice.

"You don't know? It's you who did it after all," he said and made me confused.

"I said explain not make me more confused!" I crossed my arms.

"Sir, tell me what do you think about me? What am I to you?" he asked. Something bothered him and it was most likely connected with me. I didn't understand a thing. Today I had no contact with him and the day before we had normal trainings. I just left to the party and that was all. I thought about his question.

"Well, you are a student and soldier here for me, Byun," I said the truth.

"No, how do you find me? First day when you met me, I was a disappointment for you. What is your image of me? Be honest!" he said. 

"Why would I?"

"Just say it, and don't try to pretend!" 

"Give me a reason for answering. Your questions are disrespectful and offensive! It is not something you would ask your trainer after you were late for training!" I didn't want to answer.

"Fine then. I won't bother you anymore," he gave up on trying and rushed past me to get on the other side and get away. 

"Where do you think you are going now?" I cought his wrist before he could escape and kept him on place. Baekhyun refused to look at me and answer. "Byun, you got no right to leave like that! You weren't around for a whole day, then you finally appear here on the second floor and cover me with random questions that make no sense! Act like a solider and stop running away from your problems, like you are doing now. I expect an explanation for all the questions, because I am sure I will be thinking about them all night if I don't know what they mean!" I rised my voice.

This time Baekhyun looked at me. He was furious. Very curious and I actually didn't want to know why anymore. 

"Explanation?" He sighed and rolled with his eyes "You know everything! You are just too stupid to use your brain and think!" Baekhyun pulled his hand away. 

"Don't say that to me!" I pointed with my finger on the smaller one. "You will respect me or you also won't get my respect back!"

"You are not the only one who expects and wants some respect from others!"

"Can't you see, that I have absolutely no ideas about what are you talking?" I rolled my eyes.

He waited for a moment, like he was picking the right words. "Tell me, sir..." he looked at me with ferious eyes, "...Tell me! I was a coward for you from the first day, wasn't I? Not just that! You called me other things as well! A bi-" he didn't end, but looked down.

I didn't understand what he ment with that. I did tell him once that he was a dissapointment and tried to push him down, but it still didn't make sense.

"What, Byun? Speak up," I got impatient and wanted more answers. "What did I say and tell me exactly when!"

"That- That I'm a huh? Idiot? ? Maybe something uglier and more disgusting?" he looked up, anger in his expression was getting more and more visible. 

"What- Where did you get that from? I never said that!" I got mad at what he just said. I thought about it, but couldn't remember saying anything like that. Maybe he had had a dream about that... I wouldn't have been surprised, if he had had nightmares about me, where I would've been a main villain. A y, handsome, strong and tall villain, who makes everyone scared just by looking into them. I liked that concept, but Baekhyun was really serious about that, so I put the joke aside.

"But the drunk head of yours did!" he rised his voice.

"Drunk?" I asked. I had been drunk the day before, but it was strange that I couldn't remember saying any of that. I was usually able to remember every single detail of nights after drinking a lot. Maybe I had been a little too drunk...

"Common, sir! Don't tell me you were just drunk. I know you knew very well what you were speaking!" he said.

"Maybe I was giving you that kind of a vibe, but-" Something came to my mind. I remebered the moment when I had told him exactly what he had tried to tell me some time ago. I remembered refusing his help, saying things that had just came from my mouth without any actual reason. I just didn't like him and I wanted to tell him that, but at the same time I didn't hate him that much, to say something like that. I just wasn't that mean. "You mean yesterday night?" I asked and he nodded.

"You said that and don't think I care about the fact that you were a little drunk!"

"You are bothered because of what I told you?" I glared at him. However it was clear that he wanted to say yes. "You belive it? You believe everything you were told yesterday? By me?" 

Baekhyun still didn't talk, but just slightly nodded with his head. 

"You belive to all the bull that people tell you?" I asked. Still he refused to speak and kept staring at the ground. "Byun, answer!" 

"S-Sir, I do not belive everything but- when it comes to comments like- that-" his voice was cracking and he didn't end. He belived it. I was getting mad over his childlish acting. He shouldn't act like that, because of a few comments which had come from me, while I had been completely drunk. I literaly didn't know what I had been doing and he belived it. Other way I also belived that a drunk person speaks the truth, so I somehow understood Baekhyun's grief.

I stepped closer him and took a better look of him. "So, you do belive it? Byun, as you wish! Believe it as much as you want! It would be a high time for you to get over it. You can belive it and just cry and complain here in front of me, while falling into that agony, or simply just deal with it and go on! I don't care what you prefer, the decision is yours!" I rised my voice again. I was rough, but it didn't seem like he really cared of what I told him. "DID YOU EVEN HEAR ME, BYUN?" I called and he looked at me.

"Hear? Yes I did, you are almost screaming here..." he said, "listen to you? No, I wont listento  somebody who makes me feel even worse than I already do!"

Silence fell and I was slowly starting to feel awkward. Baekhyun was still tensed and his fists were tightly closed. The sun was gone and it was getting dark. I wondered when others were about to come up from the dinner and I felt that our conversation was about to end soon.

I cleared my throat and ended the silence. "Fine, then you can go! Think about what I said!" 

"It's all my decision after all," he said and in the next moment he wasn't there anymore. He left the hallway and dissapeared behind the corner. He obviously didn't even think about turning around or saying anything else to me. I was left alone with all the thoughts about what had just happened. Baekhyun acted on a strange way and I didn't like it. Until now he had shown me a lot of his weak spots, but none of them disappeared yet. He was still the same. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter