Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was hungry after the training. I hurried to the dining room with Kyungsoo, got my plate and filled it with food from the campus. The place was already full of boys eating their dinner and talking with each other.

"Baekhyun! Come here!" called one of the boys, which was also in my unit. I told Kyungsoo to come with me and we both sat to the table with the boy. I noticed there were also other boys with whom I had trainings, but didn't know their names yet. 

"I love how you won against major Park! I wouldn't dare to challenge him!!!" said the boy and congratulated me.

I made a quick eye contact with him, but just ignored his comment.

"Did you really do that?" Another boy came to the table and looked at me surprised. 

"Oh, Baekhyun meet Minseok," Kyungsoo introduced the boy who had just joined us. "He is from my unit."

"Yeah, I did it, but it is nothing like that..." I answered this time.

"Nothing like that..." Minseok laughed. "I would do anything to see that. Anyway.... Now you can just pray he won't break your neck on your next training. His arms are actually two times bigger than your neck..." 

"My neck is thin anyway" I responded. "And it is not my fault that major Park has muscles..."

"Your neck probably breaks even faster because of that," Kyungsoo told me. "I was doing a research of how to twist someone's neck... don't ask why, it was for a school project! Completely harmless, but yeah... Baekhyun, your neck could be snapped quite easily by someone like Park!"

"You were the one who told me to step for myself!" I complained.

"Well not literally... I am glad we have Zhang for our main trainer..."

"Who is Zhang?" I asked and I noticed that the members from my unit seemed to be a bit confused as well.

"He is another major," Minseok answered instead of Kyungsoo. "Major Zhang Yixing... He seems pretty good,"

"Lucky you," I sighed and passed through my hair. I wished this all could end, but I hadn't even started and it was only first day. I just wished next days would be better. I was here to get a new chance to live normally, not to lose another one.

"Yaa! Jongin! You're here!" the boy from my unit called and this brought my attention back to the ongoing conversation.

I turned around and saw Jongin coming closer to sit next to other boys behind the table.

"Tell us everything. How was at general Kim's office?" asked the boy curiously.

"It's was hell!!!" he answered. "That Park kept screaming at me and explained to general Kim what had happened. But you won't belive, general Kim just apologised for Park's bad temper and sent me here! Major Park was ready to kill me when general he did that. I heard him shouting from the office after I had left! He is a monster!!!" said Jongin in shock. "Baekhyun, how did you survive?"

I didn't say anything,because I didn't really want to involve myself in this too much. 

"He should keep his temper! That's crazy!" called one of the boys.

"You can just shut up, Minho!" Jongin responded. "You were just standing there like scared baby! I agree with you, Choi, but you are the last one to speak here!"

I looked at Jongin surprised, because I didn't know he had that kind of temper when it came to Minho.

"Do you think general Kim will do anything about it? He can't just leave that Park in peace after that. He is not capable to train us for one day!" said a boy, who seemed to be in the same unit as Kyungsoo.

"I'm not sure about it. Kim is for sure best friend with Park, he wouldn't kick him out and I think he is well trained and probably one of the best soldiers here around..." said Jongin. 

"Who cares, Baekhyun can show him who's the strongest here anyway!" called one of the boys and I tried to avoid everyones look after that comment. My arms were still in pain after that and I was certain I wouldn't do it ever again. 

 

 

First 5 days on the Military University passed quickly.

Every morning we got woken up by a loud ringing from the hallway, which woke up everyone in a moment. All of the students were complaining, that the alarm should be changed with something lighter. It souned like a fire broke out and on the first morning I almost ran through the window to save myself!

I didn't like morning trainings, because my muscles felt weak after waking up. Yes, even weaker than usualy which is literally almost impossible!! Another reason why I hated morning trainings was, that it was usually still wet and cold outside.

All of the trainings were hard and made everyone exhausted, so at the end of the day everyone fell asleep immediately. Only a few boys were still walking around late at night and they obviously weren't trained by major Park.

What amazed me, was that major Park ignored me everytime we had trainings with him. In whole week he hadn't said say a word to me and I also didn't ask anything, because I couldn't know what kind of a murder he was planning to do. I tried to stay as far away from him as possible, so I didn't mind being ignored by him.

Major Park however knew how to make us suffer. He sent everyone do 5 sets of running around the campus, trained like he wanted every one of us to have the same muscles as him. Push-ups, pull-ups, plank holding, running, jumping jacks, lunges, and overcomin obstacles. After his trainings everyone felt like he had beaten us up, even if he hadn't even touched anyone. 

I didn't like his trainings and nobody else did.

The story about how had major Park been defeated by a small newcomer spread around very quickly. It was obvious that major was trying his best to hide his bitterness, but the anger in his eyes was too obvious everytime he heard someone mentioning it.

I found classes very boring, so on my second day I had taken one of my favourite books, sat in the back corner of the classroom and read. It was quite annoying since phones weren't allowed at the campus. We actually didn't have much free time, but I still wanted my phone, even though I didn't really like using it much. Sunday was the only day in a week when we could use them and it was quite nice to watch a movie or two with Kyungsoo. 

Professor didn't notice me reading other stuff while having classes, but I still kept my book hiden from everyone, because I didn't want to loose it. 

I could learn very fast and stuff we were learning was logical and obvious, so exams didn't worry me. Trainings and competitions were making me more anxious, so I at least tried to get some peace at the classes.

I also got many new friends who were quite nice to me, however I was mostly hanging out with Kyungsoo, since he had been on my side from the beginning and not only after I had become famous for being the one who faced major Park. I loved to discuss about different topics with him and made jokes about each other together. I was also very comfortable around him, because he didn't try to annoy me when I wanted to have time for myself.

 

Saturday morning was rainy. It was the last day of trainings, before their first free end of a week. The schedule was a bit different than the one we had through the week. We only had trainings without classes and everything was about to end sooner. However my day got destroyed as soon as major Park lead us outside to the rain for our training.

Everyone was complaining about the cold rain, driping on them. And it was making me annoyed as well. My clothes and hair got completely wet in the moment as I came out. 

"Shut up everyone!" major called through the rain "This is not the worst you will get here! Now why are you just standing there? RUN!"

We all did as he told us. Rain was soaking into our clothes and I could barely see where I was running. I hoped we would be soon able to go inside, but he  kept ordering hard exercises and rehearsals. Soon I wasn't really sure if I was soaked in rain or sweat. Maybe both...

Major Park didn't have any mercy that day. Everyone was breathing deeply and I noticed that the others also had some problems with exhaustion just like me.

"I can't do this anymore!" cried one of the boys and collapsed on the wet ground while doing lunges. 

"Get up!" Jongin said, but it was too late

Major Park already came closer to the boy.

I didn't know him that well, but I knew he had some problems before and he was one of the students on major Park's list of 'the soldiers incapable of doing anything right'... Well we all would probably be on that list oneday, but he was on the top of it right next to me...

"Solider Lee! Why did you come here then?! If you think you can give up like that, you can go and pack your stuff immediately!!!" said major Park with strict voice.

"Sir..." Lee tried to say something, but he got interrupted by major.

"Look at me when you speak!" he called. "Or you can keep your face deep in that wet dirt if you like it more. I enjoy seeing that view!"

The boy on the ground was a whole mess, he pulled himself up and walked away. Nobody expecte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter