Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun?" asked Kyungsoo worried, when he saw me rushing into the room completly out of my breath. 

I walked away from the door and sat on my bed. I took some deep breaths to calm myself down completely, but my heart was still beating faster than it should've.

 "Where the hell have you been?!" Kyungsoo asked to get his answers. He was still a bit sleepy, because I had obviously woken him up.

"I- I've been wandering around a bit-" I answered slowly. I wasn't sure if it was right to tell anyone, where and why I had been there, but Kyungso seemed like the only person I could truly trust. 

"You were just wandering around and came back like someone tried to shoot you? Tell me more..." he insisted, fully awake and waited for me to answer, but I hesitated.

"I- Ummm-" I didn't know where to start. "I have been on the second floor...." 

Kyungsoo looked at me, like his soul had just left his body. "Are you crazy!!! Why would you be there? Isn't it forbidden for students to go there!? Didn't you hear all of the rules? You wanna die?" Kyungsoo stopped for a moment. "Or did you.... make out with someone?" he looked at me curiously. 

Now I got a feeling, like someone had actually shot me. "WHAT THE HELL MAN!!! I would never! Ewwwwww, how can you think about it!!!" I yelled at him and threw my pillow in his face, to get that stupid thoughts out of his mind and imagination forever. 

"Well.... Then why did you come back like that?" Kyungsoo asked, excited to hear the story.

"Uh, I fell asleep there..." I said and Kyungsoo was ready to say something more, but I spoke before him. "No! I did not fall asleep in any general's room!" I saw disappointment in his eyes.

"Okay, I got it, I won't mention anything like that in front of you anymore, because you obviously can't handle a simple joke..." 

"Yeah, better for you... By the way... I think someone knows that I was there.... " I continued and he waited for me to tell him more. "I- I- Uhhh- I punched the guy and ran all the way to here...."  

"You punched someone?" his jaw dropped. "I thought you don't know how to use your fists! I wasn't even sure you know that you can use your hands to actually punch someone... Are you sure you really did that, or are you just making this all out,to make it sound more exciting?"

"Do you wanna feel my fists!?" I threatened him. 

"Then you will feel mine!" Kyungsoo replied and the look in his dark eyes became much more serious and even a bit dangerous. I really didn't want to feel how it would have been, if he had actually decided to beat me for real.

"Okay you won this time," I decided to give up and play a safe game, where I wouldn't get hurt. "Just don't attack."

"Smart decision. Because other way round, I would cut your tiny neck while you are asleep!" He made a move over his neck, to show how he would have done it and I just laughed at it. 

"You aren't serious, are you?" I stopped laughing.

"Of course I am not," He rolled his eyes. "Who was the guy you punched?" 

I thought about it, but couldn't get the face in my mind. I hadn't been able see who it was and I didn't want to know. I just knew, that I was in a big trouble. "I am not sure...." I answered on my friend's question. 

"Ahhhh, you could at least check who it was!!" he said and shook his head in dissappointment.

"I don't know, but that guy obviously didn't like it! You should've heard his anger!" 

"Whatever..." he replied. "It is late, we should be asleep by now. You woke me up and that isn't nice at all. We will have to talk about this in the morning. It's actually 3am! Man, you could've gotten expelled!" 

"I know that,"

"Yeah, but you obviously don't understand," Kyungsoo sighed and covered himself with a blanket. I ignored him and did the same, because I really needed a good sleep.

 

 

The alarm, calling for all the soliders to wake up, came too fast.

I could barely close my eyes at the night and in the morning I felt extremly tired. I hadn't been able to calm down completely at night and I couldn't have stopped thinking about things, that had happened to me. It was Monday. The start of my second week at the campus. Another week of hard trainings.

Kyungsoo didn't help much, as I complained about my exhaustion. The replys I got, didn't make me feel any better. He actually made me feel even worse, because he was right, since it was only my fault, that I didn't get enough sleep.

I tried to do my best to keep eyes opened, but a week of hard trainings, classes and sleepless night got a little too much for me.

After getting ready, we both went to see where were our morning trainings before breakfast. We went separate ways. I hurried to one of the training fields ouside, where I had training with major Zhang. I was glad that he was the one, who was in charge, for keeping an eye on us, since he could actually understand students and he didn't torture us like major Park did most of the time. I envied Kyungsoo for having him as a main trainer. I would have probably even have a chance to survive here, if major Zhang had trained my unit more ofteen. But even though the training wasn't that intense, I struggled a lot and soon got exhausted.

After breakfast and short free time, I rushed out on another field. We didn't have classes that day which surprised me, because I prefered sitting there and pretending to listen professors.

Most of my and other unit's members were already waiting for major Park to appear and start, but he was late. 5 minutes had passed, but he still didn't appear. Everyone was already there, ready to start with the training, but. Next 10 minutes passed and then 15... Still no sign about him. Everyone got tired of waiting and soon most of the boys were sitting on the ground, talking to each other.

I also gave up and collapsed to the ground. I tried to get some rest there. I had a headache and my eyes hurt a bit, so I closed them and leaned on my shoulder to relax a bit.

Suddenly gasps and whispers came from others. 

I raised my look, but all I could see were members of both units getting from the ground and blocking my view. I stood up and moved to the side, to see what was happening.

Major Park was walking towards the field. The look in his eyes was seriously mad. Well that actually wasn't any different than the usual look major Park had... But this time he was really bitter. His face was the main thing, that got my attention. On the left side, he had a big and dark bruise, which was horribly swollen, like someone punched him very hard.

Many questions came to my mind and I knew the answer on all. I was the one who had punched him! I had done this to him at the night! Major Park knew where I had been.

I started cursing in my head. I didn't want to believe this was true, it couldn't be! There must have been different reason for him to show up like that all of the sudden. Maybe he had hit himself somewhere, because he was that tall... This sounded like something possible, but the fear in me was still raising.

I hid behind the group of boys, to avoid major's look. I didn't know what to do. I was in a great trouble. My legs and arms started to trembele, my breath got heavier and sweat appeared on my forehead. I wished I could be smaller at that moment, unnoticable and even invisible. 

More whispers and gasps followed as he came closer. He looked the crowd of boys seriously like always. "OKAY!" he called with his deep and strong voice. "Yes, I look horrible today, but your training stays the same!" 

"Sir, what happened to you-?" called one of the boys from my unit, before major Park could continue and start the training.

"That is non of your bussines, Lee Jinki!" he replied and the boy looked to the ground dissappointed. "If I hear any of you making comments about my face, I swear you will get the same bruise and a punisment!"

Nobody dared to say anything, so he told us to start. 

I had a feeling, like that day's training was much harder and intense than the ones before. Maybe because major Park was extremely angry, but the main reason was for sure my exhaustion. I was very tired and my legs barely carried me. When we were running, I couldn't catch up with others and my tempo was much slower that usually. Later when we were doing exercises, I felt my legs and arms getting even weaker.

An endless list of hard exercises was ripping me apart and right when we started doing push-ups my arms gave up. I fell on the dry ground with my face down, pressed on the rocky surface. My breathing was fast and I had a feeling like my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

I heard that major Park stopped everyone from doing more push-ups and walked towards me.

"Baekhyun!" I heard Jongin's worried whisper, but I couldn't help myself.

"Byun!" major called with his deep, strong and strict voice. He was now standing right next to me. "I expected you to do more push-ups than anyone else here!" he continued.

I slowly moved my arms and managed to push myself up, on my legs. I didn't look at him and kept my look on the ground.

"Do you have any good excuses for this?" he asked and glared at me.

I slowly shok my head to answer on his question without speaking up.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BYUN!!" he said with stronger voice.

I remembered that he had used the same sentence on the first day we had met and I knew this wasn't going to end well. I waited a bit, before answering: "No, sir, I don't have any excuses,"  

Major Park stepped closer, so our bodies were now only a few inches appart. He lowered his head closer to me. "Next time you should go to sleep earlier and in the best case, in your own room and bed... don't you think so?" he said and glared at me, like he was waiting for an answer,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter