Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol?" Yixing surprised me as I was sitting under a tree alone. I was watching students hanging out with each other. Well... I was actually just looking at Baekhyun having fun with his friends.

"Huh?" I responded looking at my friend.

"Are you okay?" he asked a bit worried.

I didn't answer right away. I was quite okay. I was a little annoyed by soldiers, who obviously weren't enough capable of doing things right on their own. I was a bit tired after a long day, which was luckily coming to an end. I was bothered by the fact that I hadn't gotten a chance to spend more time with Baekhyun. He was obviously still angry because I had driven to here (which literally wasn't that big deal) and he spent most of his free time with his friends — which I completely understood! ​​​​​​"I'm okay..." I shortly answered on Yixing's question.

"You don't should okay, and you also don't look okay!" He said sitting next to me. "I actually came because Sehun wanted to see us both.... Would we go or do you want to stay here a bit longer? Maybe tell me what is bothering you? I am sure the problem are students... Did they not obey you again?"

We had had training not a long time ago, bit it wasn't the main reason why I was in a bad mood. I had been training just well, but I wished, I could have had training just with Baekhyun.

"No," I answered. "I really don't want to talk right now... Let's just go to Sehun. I am sure he won't be annoying me with questions about whether I am okay or not."

"I am not annoying!" Yixing protested, standing up from the ground just like I had. "I am caring!"

"And it annoys me," I gave him a smile and walked away.

"I bet Sehun will notice you aren't completely okay as well!"

"Pft, don't expect something like that from Sehun," I rolled with my eyes.

We soon came to the other side of the camp where Sehun. 

"Damn, I already thought you two wouldn't come," Sehun said and approached us. "I've been thinking about the schedule for tomorrow."

"Oh, you have been thinking?" I asked to tease Sehun. 

He narrowed his eyes and crossed his hands. "You know that I can give you a very annoying punishment as general here! I have more authority now, since Junmyeon isn't around! I don't think you want to make me angry right now, and yes! I am using my brains and thinking when I need to act responsible. That is how I came to my position, which will be hard for you, if you keep on speaking too much!"

"Wow, Sehun, let's keep that in a bit less harsh way!" Yixing stopped him. "Well would you tell us what came on your mind."

Sehun first just seriously looked at Yixing and then decided to speak. "It is about the war games tomorrow—"

"—What you don't want them? This is the best part, watching students how they shoot at each other, like they are actually in a war! I also got very tired of carrying that guns out of my car!" 

"Didn't that Byun do it for you?" Yixing looked at me. 

"It was his punishment!" 

"I don't know why you are making drama here, because I didn't have cancelling the games in my mind," Sehun stopped us. 

"Then what?" 

"It is good to watch, but I guess you also want to be among those who actually fight on the field..." 

"You, you want us to play?" Yixing pointed out. 

I thought about it amused. I hadn't been able to actually play war games for a while and I really wanted to actually try it out again. Show all of my skills and maybe make a few soldiers, who annoy me, shut up.

"Are you serious?" I asked. 

"At first I just wanted you two playing, but now when you offended me, I want to play as well!" Sehun said. "There will be three groups anyway. Two units in each, so each one of us can take one group! The rules stay the same. Each group fights twice, to get ranking from the first to the last place."

"Does that mean we are leading our groups?" Yixing asked. 

"Damn, Yixing, you also don't know how to think. Will you let captains from groups you trained to give you instructions or will you take the control?" 

"I will." 

"Then this answers your question," I said. 

"Chanyeol, I swear I will make sure your groups loses!" Sehun commented. "Get ready for defeat!" 

"Pft, no!" I said. 

"I know you don't like losing," he didn't stop. "Let this also be competition between us. We will be able to tell Junmyeon who is the best at leading a group in war games." 

"Deal!" I said. "I get my two main units!" I wanted that mostly just to be in the same group as Baekhyun and at the same time I was more comfortable to be in lead of students who I knew at least a little, even though they annoyed me from time to time (especially Kim Jongin in that case, I didn't really like that guy since the day one). 

"Deal," Yixing said. "I get mine!" 

"Fine, I don't even know which units you have in your mind, but I guess it will be okay!"

"Shall we bet?" Sehun asked. 

Both me and Yixing looked at each other. "What do you have in mind?" 

"The loser will pay every time we go out together," Sehun smiled. 

"We have Junmyeon for that," I said. "And when he isn't there you never end up paying anyway!" 

"I just forget my wallet!" 

"You often forget things on purpose!" 

"Whatever!" Sehun gave up. 

"And what about the winner?" I asked. 

"The winner...." Sehun thought about it. 

"—Look," Yixing spoke before Sehun could've finished his sentence. "Next time we go out, the winner will be allowed to buy anything without a budget and the loser will pay!" 

"Deal!" I agreed confidentiality. 

"Fine," Sehun said. "I will end you both! You two are dead!! DEAD!!!" 

"Who is dead?" Jongdae suddenly came closer. 

"Nobody is dead," I rolled with my eyes. "Sehun is trying to embarrass himself for the future!" 

"Well call me if anybody is really dying.... Why would he embarrass himself?" 

"We are going to play on tomorrow's war games. With students." 

"Sh*t, I probably should get ready for a few very serious injuries..."

"What do you mean?" I crossed my hands and looked at Jongdae seriously. 

"I can never know how seriously you want to play..."

"That is true. It will be fair, that is important," Yixing added.

"I think we should go now..." Sehun said. "Students aren't the only ones who should stick to the schedule!" 

"Is Junmyeon telling you what to say through a small communication device in your ear?" I asked. "You seriously sound like him, Sehun!" 

"Shut up!" Sehun ordered me. "I will fire you! From now you call me 'sir' or 'general Oh'! Have some respect for important persons like me!" 

"Annoying persons like you and Junmyeon! You are turning into him!" I said almost screaming it out. 

"I will end you tomorrow!" 

I didn't reply, because we came to students, when we're already waiting gathered around the campfire. We stepped to an empty place in front of them and Sehun had his speech about the schedule for the next day. He was short. Luckily. At least he didn't take way of giving speechless from Junmyeon. After he finished we had our dinner. I didn't eat much, because I wasn't really hungry. I was just sitting quietly next to Sehun and Yixing as they were talking about how Sehun's grandma wouldn't let him eat everything he wanted when he had been younger. 

I was mostly focused on Baekhyun. We hadn't spoke since I told him to work instead of me after he had told me I was old. It really had pissed me off! I wasn't old at all! Twenty four was nothing! I also hadn't talked to him when we had had training some time ago. I just hadn't think it was good to bother him in that moment. Right now he was with his friends like always and I also didn't want to steal him from his company. I really didn't like his friends, like they didn't like me, but I was okay with them as long as they were good company for Baekhyun. 

The time had passed and more and more students were leaving the place to go in their tents. There were many tents set. Two for each unit, so in each tent there was around five students. Me, Sehun, Yixing and Jongdae had one together. 

It was getting dark and the main source of light was now fire, which was throwing shades of orange light on everyone that was still gathered around the fire. 

After an hour or two almost everyone had gone away. I also went to check what were soldiers foing. Most of them were sticking to the rules, but some didn't. 

"Where do you two thing you are going?" I stopped two students. I knew they were Kyungsoo and Jongin, Baekhyun's best friends, and that was the main reason why I decided to stop them. 

"Sir, don't worry everything is completely normal!" Kyungsoo answered, standing up straight and holding his hands behind his back. 

"What are you two still doing outside?" I asked.

"This is our punishment, sir," Jongin answered this time. 

"Ah, you two were the ones who deserved that for getting into a fight on the way... Major Zhang told me," I said keeping my serious vibe.

"Not just us..." Kyungsoo said.

"Who else?" I asked. 

"Well it is not Byun!" he said and I knew he wanted to be disrespectful with that. He knew that I wanted Baekhyun to be part of that punishment, but it was obvious he wasn't. 

"I don't care about him," I lied. "Whatever, why are you walking around like two lost kids? I don't think this is part of your work...." 

"We- we—" 

"We- we don't know what to say, because we did something we shouldn't!" I said, while looking at them both seriously. "What is behind your back?" 

Baekhyun's roommate turned his head to the side. "I see dark woods.... Actually I don't see anything, because it is so dark," He said. 

"Put your hands up!" I said. 

"What if I am holding menstrual pads? It would be embarrassing to show that.... Do you know how hard it is for girls when somebody asks them what they are holding and it happens to be that?" 

"Are you a girl?" I asked. 

"No, but what if it is something like that?" 

"Well tell me, what would be embarrassing to show?" I insisted. 

"What if I am holding condoms?" 

"You need protection here?" I rised my eyebrows. "So is Kim Jongin a girl?" 

"Hey I am the top in this relationship!" Jongin protested. 

I laughed and passed through my hair. "So you two are dating?" I pointed at them confused. 

"Something you will never experience, if you continue living like that, asking students to show their hands when you shouldn't!" 

"Yeah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter