Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got woken up much earlier than I wanted to. It was Thursday morning and outside my bed cold air sent shivers all over my body. 

Someone was knocking on the door of my room and that person obviously didn't care about my right to get enough sleep everyday. That was a basic human right and I didn't have it.

I just sayed in my bed and pretended like I couldn't hear anything.

"Chanyeol..." I heard familiar voice calling my name from outside.

It was Junmyeon and in that moment I just wanted to disappear and never show up again. He knocked again, this time harder and louder. I covered my ears to prevent all the noise he was making and tried to fall asleep again.

"Chanyeol!" Junmyeon rised his voice and he sounded impatient. "I'm coming in... Okay?"

My eyes shut open because I didn't expect him entring without my permission. Junmyeon's head appeared first and then he fully entred the room. He noticed, that I was awake, which made him sigh in disappointment.

He didn't look tired at all, even though it was very early. He was already in his uniform, fully prepared to start the day.

"Why the heck are you here? How dare you step into my room without my permission? Can't you respect my sleep?" I said annoyed and rubbed my sleepy eyes. My whole body ached from the past day and after all I was extremly hungry because I had missed yesterday's dinner and only got an apple to eat before sleeping.

"Get used to it," Junmyeon said. "You will have to wake up like that for a month!" he said and I got confused. 

"What?!" 

"You already forgot?"

"Forgot what?" I asked.

"You got a punishment. 1 month of work in the kitchen..." he told me and I groaned on it. It annoyed me that Junmyeon gave me 3 punishments, which I didn't deserve.

I pushed my face in my pillow and groaned in it again. "WHY!!" I complained, but knew I wouldn't be able to change anything with that.

"Don't worry, the main lady working in the kitchen, is very nice! However, don't leave her working alone. She is usually all alone in the morning, before others join her, so I think you will be able to help her a lot. Wake up, get ready and don't forget that you got training with me after you are done there. Morning training." 

"I'm still dreaming right?" I asked. He actually destroyed my day before I even started it. "I should just go back to sleep..." I continued and burried myself into my blanket.

"YAH! Wake up! You got work to do. Do you want to get another punishment or something? I'm your boss!" he sounded too serious and I feared I would actually get another punishment. 

I got up again and shot him an angry look. 

"I hate you!" came my words for Junmyeon and he just rolled his eyes.

"But you still like being my friend..." he replied. "Get ready. I want to see you in the kitchen in 15 minutes. Don't be late!" 

He didn't let me complain, but just gave me a strict look and then left the room. Finally! I thought and passed through my hair. I checked the time on my phone and gasped. It wasn't even 7am., so I woke up 1 hour earlier than usually. My usual waking up time was 7:45. Fifteen minutes after the students had to wake up. I could do that, because I had some authority and I was also able to get ready much faster than average person. I just liked sleeping a bit more in the morning. I was sure no studen't was able to notice that, since I always came to the training on time and looked completely awake there.

I wanted to go back to sleep, but I knew this would mean no good, if Junmyeon found out...

I slowly and lazily got up, but regret it because all my muscles ached. Never before had my body hurted that much and I knew the reason for it. That Byun did it for no good reason.

I thought how to get revenge for it. I won't let him beat me up like that again. I should be the one beating him! I didn't understand what had been wrong with me yesterday, I had been literally waiting there to get punched again and again. I should have at least returned him the favour. 

I forced my thoughts away and headed to my bathroom.

When I saw myself in the mirror, I was a complete mess. My hair were messed around and my skin was extremly white from the cold air around me. I changed my clothes. I picked usual black pants and a big white hoody over it. I also cleaned my teeth, washed my face and quickly combed my hair, before leaving my room.

Sun was still rising and on the hallway I could only hear higher ranks, snoring in their rooms. I envied them a lot. I wanted to be the one snoring and enjoy my time in my bed, but everything was the opposite.

I knew Junmyeon had his favourites. He would have never punished Yixing like that. Never! He for sure just didn't like me. 

It was my first time in the kitchen. I only saw a bit of it when everyone had meals, but I never bothered myself to check where and how we got food here. I only knew that it stood right next to dining room. 

I entred through a big white door and inside found a bigger place with a bunch of different desks, apparats for cooking and washing dishes, also a lot of funnels, shelfs and cupboards, full of plates, glasses, cups, plates and other things. Walls were all white, but on some spots white colour changed into brown, red, yellow, orange, black. I guessed it was because someone spilled sauces or accidentally threw something there. If I ignored that, everything seemed to be very clean and ordered. 

I walked around for a bit and suddenly saw someone. 

An older lady was standing right next to me. She had black hair with some grey strands in a ponytail. Her face was a bit wrinkled, but she was still very pretty. Her brown eyes were looking at me with kindness and her lips were in a wide smile. She was very short and was actaully lower than my shoulders. Comparing to me and my builded body, she was quite skinny. I suddenly felt like a giant. She wore bright white clothes and over everything she wore an apron.

"You must be Chanyeol!" the lady spoke with excitement. "Nice to meet you! General Kim told me you will come," she continued. I didn't know what exactly to say so I just awkwardly rubbed back of my neck and nodded. "I'm Lee Sunhee, but you can call me whatever you want!" 

I cleared my throat and tried to shake away all the awkward feelings. I forced a smile on my face and then replied with quick and unsure "Oww-" which made me even more awkward.

"General told me this is your punishment! What did you do to deserve this, boy?" she asked curiously.

It felt a little weird, when she called me boy. I was mostly being called as a 'sir', 'major' or at least 'Park' by the students. Other employees also didn't just call me boy, even though I was younger than most of them and I was a good friend with moajority. She called me like I was a little 7 years old boy, even though I was much taller and bigger than her. Maybe it was just her habit to do so...

"I pranked one of the soliders..." I answered her directly and she gave me an confused look.

"Pranked? You got punished for that?"

"Yeah,"

"It doesn't sound like a big deal, but you still shouldn't prank one of your mates like that..."

I opened my eyes widely. "Mates?" I asked. "More like students."

"Oh, so you are a trainer here?"

"Major," I quickly corected.

"I thought that was a same thing... My apology," she smiled and looked down a bit.

"Well it kinda is here..." I said. "I'm actually also not allowed to train alone for 2 months and I have to have extra lessons with the soldier I pranked! It's so unfair!" I complained. 

"I have never heard of such a punishment for one prank... And it's my first time to have a major here or any other higher ranks. Only students usually get punisment. Should I talk with general Kim. Maybe he changes his mind about this. It really is unfair to get that many punishments for one prank," Sunhee offered, but I suddenly panicked.

"Ohhhh, no! No need to do that! I deserved it-" I stopped talking. I actually didn't deserve it. It wasn't really my fault that Byun freaked out, but I knew Junmyeon wasn't going to change his mind, even if this kind lady tells him to. She doesn't even know that I pranked Byun with bloody pool, which lead h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter