Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon couldn't forget what I had done till the end of the day. Everytime he looked at me, I saw disappointment in his eyes. He really wasn't satisfied with my work, even though I knew how to train soldiers well and turn them into the best ones. I wasn't here to serve students and look through their fingers, when it was too much for them, like Yixing always did. If they weren't capable of dealing with hard trainings, then they didn't belong in that university. It wasn't just my fault that Byun just couldn't fit in that place.

I didn't really care about what Junmyeon thought about me. I knew that half of this university hated me, but Junmyeon couldn't. I was actually relieved that nothing bad had happened to me.

I was in Sehun's room. Yixing and Junmyeon were there as well and of course Sehun.

"Why is he shooting in me!" Sehun complained. "I am the general!"

I looked to him for a second. He was strugling with a game, tapping and sliding over his phone. I looked back to my screen and focused on the game as well.

We were playing Call of Duty together. A shooter mobil video game, which we sometimes played together, when we didn't have any other work. It was a warfare game, so it kinda suited this university's concept and purpose. 

We were in Sehun's room, because we could scatter and mess it as much as we wanted and he wouldn't care. Junmyeon usually got nervous when we played in his room, Yixing's was boring and looked like a grandma lived in it and I had a big collection of Marvel characters on my shelves, which had to stay protected no matter what. 

I looked to my right and then left. Both Yixing and Junmyeon were busy with the game.

I was moving throught the war field in the game. I was good at playing it, but I still didn't really like it, because I was better when I could use a gun in real life in a real war game, where I could actually show others how good my skills were. 

"We will lose!" Yixing said.

It was true, but I didn't know whose fault it was, because it for sure wasn't mine.

"Damn it!" Junmyeon threw his phone away as the game ended with "Defeat"

I turned my phone off and looked at him. He was completely done with the game, same was for Sehun. "What did you two give up on a simple game?" I asked.

"No," Junmyeon said. "I was playing just well!"

"We lost," Yixing told him.

"I was thinking about something," Junmyeon said and looked at us three with a serious look, almost like the one he had, whenever he was standing in front of the students like the general, who had used to torture and humilate me on the trainings. "I have a question for you two," he glared at Yixing and Sehun. "Not you Chan!"

I wasn't sure what he meant with that. Maybe he was just still very angry at me...

"Ask," Sehun told him.

"If I told you to rate me as a friend..." he started serious and then continued with a bit of hope in his voice. "...How good would I be?"

I laughed at the question. I didn't expect him to actually ask that. Sehun and Yixing exchanged looks and I could notice that they both were trying to keep their laugh inside as well. 

"Junmyeon, why are you asking that?" Sehun spoke. "The answer is clear. You are a horrible friend!" We all laughed, but Junmyeon just stared at us disappointed.

"I told you Jun," I hit his shoulder.

"Stop joking! I'm serious," he looked like he was about to cry.

"I can't lie to you, sorry," Sehun didn't stop with the joke and we both laughed even more. We laughed that much, my stomach started to hurt. It has been a while since I laughed that much, which was probably because I usually just wanted annoying people around me dead.

Yixing ended our fun and finally got the chance to speak. "Don't worry. You are best friend to me," he put his hand on Junmyeon's shoulder and tried to make him happier, but Junmyeon just stared at him.

I narrowed my eyes and stopped laughing. "Seriously?" I asked. "You are weak like your students who give up after a minute! No wonder you are Junmyeon fav!"

"They aren't weak!" Yixing complained. "I train them well, it is just that you shouldn't expect too much from them..."

"Yixing is right," Junmyeon agreed. "He trains our students well, and you almost kill them!"

"You are saying that, because I was laughing before..."

"Yes," he said. "Both, you and Sehun, are horrible," he pointed at us. "I can't belve I ran into you! And about your training I was serious!" Junmyeon crossed his arms.

I rolled my eyes, but Sehun just calmly took a bag of snacks and started to eat them, which annoyed Junmyeon a lot.

"I didn't kill anybody..." I said, but my voice cracked.

"Jun told me you almost killed that Byun..." Sehun spoke and ate more snacks completely unbothered by anything and now it annoyed me as well.

"But I didn't..." I said. 

"You should let your students breathe a little on the trainings," Yixing said. "They aren't your enemies!"

"Oh, they aren't?!" I didn't agree with his statement at all. I didn't like students and they also didn't like me. Fair for everyone. "Yixing you are always such a pure soul. Find a life! No wonder you are still single," I joked and started to laugh again.

"Chanyeol..." he looked at me a bit upset. "...You are single too!"

His comment suddenly hit me. A strange feeling got over my body and made me shiver, as he mentioned that. My relationships had always led me to depression and made me heartbroken. I couldn't think about it and I didn't want anything like that ever again. 

Everyone noticed the sudden change of the atmosphere.

"Okay this conversation is done!" Junmyeon said. "Let's leave it. It doesn't matter, but now I want you all doing your work, because I don't pay you for playing games!"

"You are playing them as well..." I said.

Junmyeon put finger on his lips and looked at me serious. "I am your boss. If I tell you to play mobile game with me, you play it! If I tell you to keep a student alive without choking him, you keep him alive! Understood?!"

"Yes..." I said, but he wasn't satisfied.

"Yes, sir!" he said and I replied it just like he wanted, even though I didn't want it.

 

 

The next day I had to train Baekhyun again. Junmyeon at first didn't want to let me train him, but at the end I still ended up with him in the training room.

Baekhyun decided to wear more casual clothes today. He didn't wear his usual training clothes, but Adidas trainers and black oversized T-shirt, which made him look smaller than he already was. 

"Byun," I started the conversation and he glared at me. "You know, yesterday you could've gotten rid of me... I guess you know that it was all your decision, no way back! However—"

"—I will be a little privileged here?" He interrupted me. 

"No!" I replied. "I won't babysit you here, just because you helped me to keep this job!" 

"Not even a little privilege?" 

"You are already privileged! You are afterall training here with me! I won't let you chill and relax, because this isn't my way of training someone and you know that," I told him the truth.

I almost got kicked out of the university and he was actually my saviour, but I still got a lot of plans on making him suffer like he deservesd to. 

"I know that, sir," he said like it was not a big deal. I couldn't understand his logic. He had actually beated me for pranking him, he ended up on extra trainings with me, we had hated each other from the first day. But even after everything that had happened, he still decided that he can have trainings with me, while he could've been with his unit and friends. 

"You are the first person that is okay with extra and private trainings with me. It annoys me, Byun,"

"It is your first time, isn't it?" he narrowed his eyes.

It was true. I was very new to that university. I had only started my work here one year ago after Junmyeon wanted me to train, because I was one of the best trained majors.

I crossed my arms and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter