Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Next 5 days were torturing me. I hated waking up early in the morning, Junmyeon had no mercy over me and all soliders threw jokes and comments into me everyime they saw me. I could say I was bullied!

In this whole time I didn't see a bit of Baekhyun. He wasn't coming to trainings, classes, even meals. It was like he had died, which wouldn't have been that bad. I was actually glad that he wasn't around, because I would have to train him in person, once he came back. He annoyed me most of the time and I still hated him more than anyone else here. I was still wondering what exactly was wrong with him. Last time I had seen him he'd actually looked like a death. Well... he actually looked like that most of the time....

Yesterday had been Sunday and I got free day, but on Monday my work started again. 

I didn't complain much in the morning, when I went to the kitchen and helped Sunhee, but I just wanted to end soon and leave. As always morning training was a pain in the neck for me.

"Good morning, Chanyeol!" Junmyeon greeted when I stepped next to him on one of the training fields.

"Mhmmm..." I didn't want to reply.

"You could at least wish me a good morning... Thank you very much!" he crossed his arms and looked a bit upset.

"What if I don't want to?" I asked him. "Maybe the morning just isn't good."

"I thought you are a better friend!"

"Says the one that punished his friend 3 times for no ing reason! Think about it!" I complained.

Junmyeon just rolled his eyes. He was annoyed and he probably didn't like that I used bad words around him. "You are lucky that I didn't fire you... I am actually a very good friend. Sehun and Yixing say that a lot of times!" he said and sounded proud.

"They just don't want to be rude with you. You are actually annoying them a lot and they always gossip you behind your back. Believe me I am always around and I hear things. You are living a lie Jun," I joked, but he obviously took it seriously.

"You are lying! They would never!" he rised his voice a bit.

"I'm just being honest. Ask them..." I said. "I don't think it will  be hard for them to explain how they actually see you."

"Oh yes, I will! And I will prove you wrong!" he said.

I wanted to speak on, to make Junmyeon a bit more upset, but soliders were gathering in front of us, waiting for Junmyeon to start with the training.

Junmyeon cleared his throat before starting with his usual speech for soliders. He was always long, boring and everyone almost fell asleep while he was talking. 

"Alright, soliders! Before I start I will just check if you all are present- Ohh, Baekhyun?!" he said and I got shocked of how suddenly this name came up.

I looked around the group of soliders and in the very back found small, skinny and pale body. He changed a lot in this 5 days. He was skinnier for sure and his skin got much paler, like he would have been in the darkness away from the sun for years. His look in the eyes was frightened, like it was on the first day when I had met him. On sight of him I could say, he was sad, cold, glum... His white hair were a bit messy and some fell down on his eyes, but he obviously wasn't bothered by that. 

Junmyeon glared at me for a moment, but then turned back to others. 

"Well... At last you came! I hope you are alright now," Junmyeon smiled at Bakehyun, who slowly stepped forward and answered with weak "Yes, sir, I'm fine"

Junmyeon hesitated before talking on and looked a bit nervous.

"I think you still don't know about it, but I gave major Park a task to personally train you. Your rank is low and I thought it might help you. I hope you are okay with it?" Junmyeon told him directly.

Baekhyun's eyes widened when he said that and he looked at me, like I was some kind of a monster there. He looked back at Junmyeon and took a few seconds to think about what he had been told.

Before answering he quickly checked me again and after that I noticed that he calmed down a bit. "I don't think, that I need any extra training, sir. There are many more with lower ranks," he tried to change Junmyeon's decision about trainings.

"I know and I don't want to say that you are the worst here. In some skills you are under average. The only thing you are actually among better ones is using weapon. You were also absent for 5 days and you missed a lot in that time. You might also find it difficult to catch up with others now after that break. After all mjaor Park is the one responsible for your absence and he has too much time now. He can at least help you with something like your trainings and help you improve!" Junmyeon didn't look like he was about to change his mind.

"I don't think he can help me, sir."

"Park is one of the best ones here and for sure he could help you!" Junmyeon insisted.

I clenched my teeth and spoke. "That is actually true," I said and saw Baekhyun's angry look on me.

"I will work harder and I won't make problems." he said. "I can do it! Please let me be with my unit,"  

I found it a bit rude because he actually tried to push me away and said that I can't help him, which is a lie. I can be more than usefull when it comes to helping!

Junyeon sighed and continued. "I insist with what I said before. Major Park will be the one training you. You will still have some trainings with your group and you will competite together. It will be like that for 2 months, until major Park's punishment ends. Byun I expect you well trained after that," 

"Yes, sir," he looked at the ground and gave up on trying.

Junmyeon turned to me, walked closer and crossed his arms." Chanyeol, please don't kill him?" he whispered. "Or anything else that would push him down. Help him and make sure he improves. If anything goes wrong, you probably won't get just punished. That time you will have to quit, I hope you know that. I trust you and I belive in you. You two can probably go to one of the training rooms inside and practice... Okay?" he told me and I just nodded.

I wasn't sure about it, but I obviously didn't have other chances. I checked Baekhyun, who was still looking at the ground. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "Well... Byun, let's go!" was the only thing I said.

I walked off the field, with Baekhyun behind me. He didn't dare look up and we were walking in awkward silence. Once we were in a training room, I closed the door and turned to check on him. He was looking at me with a serious look. It was hard for me to read his feelings, but he for sure wasn't happy to be here with me. Did he learn how to hide his thoughts? I was usually able to see what he was thinking... Well, I usually just knew he was thinking about how much he hated me.

"What? It's not my fault that I got to train you," I complained and ended the deadly silence.

"Oh really. Then who is responsible for this? Me? General Kim?" he galared at me with his dark eyes.

"It's mostly your and general's fault, so don't blame me!" I crossed my arms. "Do you think I am enjoying this? No! I am not! But I might after some time."

"Nothing of this would have happened, if you hadn't done that with-" he didn't end the sentence, but just looked away to avoid my look. He obviously didn't want to talk about it, but it was my chance to get the answers.

"Byun, can you explain why you acted that way on the last training? You for sure have a reason for it, don't you?" I asked and glared at him.

"I-" he didn't say anything, but just stepped away and stayed quiet.

"Is it that hard to tell?" I got impatient, but other way I didn't want to push him too much. Junmyeon said I will be in troube if anything bad happens to Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter