Chapter: WOOSUK

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had been looking for almost a year. Maybe even more. After they had let him from the hospital, he had ended the last year at high school, for which nobody had told me where it stood. 

Finally I found solider Byun Baekhyun at the Military University. It was the best chance for me to get to him again. When one of the trainers hadn't been able to train anymore, I had had everything they needed to replace him.

Finally I got to see Baekhyun again.

He changed a lot. His hair, which were black 2 years ago, were now in bright white colour. He was still skinny and pale, but I noticed the difference. He looked a bit stronger and he obviously grew up a bit. Maybe it was the result of him being at that university or he just became more mature. Whatever it was, I was still stronger than him. 

I was slowly getting used on the campus and usually got lost in all the fields and halls that were around. 

The units I usually trained were E1 and E2, but I also had have martial arts trainings with younger students, so on alredy second day of my work in the University I got to train unit A2 and A4.

It was monday and early in the morning. I got a list with all the names from the units, checkng it from the top to the bottom. I smiled as I saw the name Byun Baekhyun written on it. Soliders gathered in front of me, creating two lines, for which I guessed were the units.

"Good morning, boys," I said, making a more fake smile. I checked each one of them and felt disappointed as I couldn't find Baekhyun among them. "I guess you know me already. General or other trainers probably mentioned me before. I'm Byun Woosuk and I am a new martial arts trainer here. However, I don't know any of you, so I will just read the names first," I said.

I wanted to sound professional and confident. I could do that. I had talent for speaking in front of many people and I knew how to make young students shut up. 

"Kim Jongin," I started and the boy nearest to me answered with strong "Yes, sir!" I read the names on, noticing that the soliders stood as it was selected, so I could find out who was who on my own. I read 2 more names, before calling "Byun Baekhyun," even though I knew he wasn't here.

Silence fell and I narrowed my eyes.

"Sir, he isn't here," Jongin said.

"Skipping trainings?" I asked. 

"No, sir. He isn't," Jongin answered. 

"Then where is he?" I stormed, rising my voice, but nobody flinched.

"Training with major Park," he answered.

I was confused. "Why is he there. He in your unit, isn't he?" I asked, feeling more and more disappointed every second.

"Yes, he is," captain of the unit told me. "There was some trouble going on between him and major Park from the start of the year. General Kim said major Park's punishment to train Baekhyun for 2 months, but I think they will train like this until the end of the year," Jongin replied and I could hear that even he didn't like the fact that Baekhyun wasn't here. 

"Trouble?"

"It was a prank from major Park," Jongin replied. "Ask him, he will know it better. Soldier Byun was in hospital for some time after that." 

"Which Park are you talking about?" I crossed my arms.

"major Park Chanyeol, sir," he replied.

I thought a bit. I had met a lot of people in a short period of time and I wasn't good with names, so couldn't remember hearing about Park Chanyeol before. As I thought about him, I felt envy rising inside me. That this guy having trainings with Baekhyun made me feel sick. 

"Fine then," I said and after that continued with calling the names. "I was also told to tell you, that all first year students are having three day training outside of the campus, starting tomorrow morning. It is some kind of a military camping. I really don't know.... You will probably get more information from your trainers who will actually be there. That is all I need to tell you now, so let's get to work!"

"Sir," one of the students raised his hand. "Will there be any competitions there?" 

"Shut up, Minho!" Jongin spoke up. "Don't try competing with me again!" 

"Silence!" I ordered and the two boys just exchanged angry looks. "I said that you will get more information later!" 

No one dared to say anything else. After that I was not interedsted in the training. I had hoped to meet Bakehyun, but he escaped me once again. It was like the training wasn't about to end. I did my best to learn about martial arts, but I wasn't doing it like I would've, if my day hadn't been destroyed. 

The training ended soon and it was finally time for breakfast. 

I was sitting with other trainers and professors. I didn't talk to them. Whenever they asked me something I answered shortly and then got back to my thoughts. However, I was trying to guess who was Park Chanyeol.

You will find out soon enough! I told myself and then looked to the other side. 

Baekhyun was sitting behind the table, eating his breakfast, taking with his group of friends. I noticed that Jongin from before, how he casually talked and laughed with him. I didn't think about disturbing them at the time. If I had appeared behind Baekhyun's back, he would've freak out. I would actually enjoy seeing him this way, but I just needed to talk with him in private. I didn't want to make him scared again. 

He left the place with his friends as he finished his breakfast. I didn't follow them right away, but rather waited for a while. After that I checked all the hallways on the first floor where they had dorms, but he was nowhere to be s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter