Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with an awful headache. My eyes were heavy and I just wanted to stay in my bed. 

I turned around, so I was lying on my back and looked at my hand watch. It was nine in the morning, but I didn't have any trainings anyway, because it was Sunday. 

I got off my bed and did my best to remember the day before. I had drunk a lot after Baekhyun had left me, when I had brought up a topic about Woo. I hadn't known that his reaction would have been like that, and I had had no intention of making him uncomfortable around me. 

I walked to my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked tired and even a little sick. I just looked bad, like very bad. There was a small wound in the corner of my lips which stayed from the fight I had had last night, when that guy had touched my Baekhyun. I was angry. That shouldn't have happened, since I had promised to keep him safe. 

I splashed water over my face, but that couldn't calm me down. I was nonstop thinking about the mistakes I had done. I clenched my teeth, and started looking for anything that could help me. There I found the pills, which I got from Jongdae some time ago. I had usually threw everything away, but I had decided to keep these. Just in case.... In case I really needed something to calm down and relax — escape my anxiety and stress. 

I immediately opened them, took one and swallowed it with water right away. I splashed water over my face again and passed through my hair. I was stressed and afraid of everything that could happen to Baekhyun and me. 

My last relationship hadn't ended really happily, and I didn't want to part away with Baekhyun on the same way. I really loved him and I knew that I wasn't the best person for him. I wasn't a good person at all and he had a reason for not telling me everything. 

I took a quick shower and changed my clothes, before going around the campus to find him. I wanted to apologise for everything I had done last night. For wanting to pull the information out of him by making him drunk, for not being around when he really needed me and for getting really really drunk after that. 

I found him hanging out with his friends outside in the yard of the campus.

"Baekhyun?" I asked as I approached them carefully. 

He turned around and looked at me. I could sense that he was still mad. He had taken me back to the campus, when I got too drunk to normally walk and I could imagine how very annoying that must have been. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

"Could I talk with you for a minute?" 

Baekhyun thought about it, but Kyungsoo was the one who answered instead of him. "He is angry! He doesn't want to talk right now!" 

I clenched my teeth and looked down to the ground. "I know." 

"Don't speak for me, Soo!" Baekhyun decided to speak up, but his talking was very serious. "I know how to talk by myself." 

"Baek, you have just been explaining how angry you are and how you don't want to see him. He is a total jerk" Kyungsoo said. 

"What did you just call me?" I asked and tried my best to stay calm, even though I was literally thinking about breaking his neck in that moment. 

"You see!" he pointed at me to prove his point to Baekhyun. "He is for sure planning a murder. Don't be surprised if you find my dead body somewhere on the bottom of the lake."

Baekhyun rolled with his eyes. "Shut up, Kyungsoo! There are limits and you crossed them now! Let's go somewhere else, Chanyeol." 

Kyungsoo was visibly mad and as Baekhyun decided to leave with me for some time, I shot him a big smile to make him even more mad. 

We moved further away from others that were there with Baekhyun. 

"I would like to apologise for that... With Kyungsoo," he told me, looking at the ground. "He sometimes goes too far, however, he didn't mean anything bad." 

"He was actually right," I said and looked back to his group of friends which was curiosity watching what we were doing. "He actually seems like a good friend. He is smart. Murder was one of the options that came to my mind. Actually the first thing." 

Baekhyun tensed a bit when I mentioned murder. 

"I am sorry," I said right away. "For yesterday." 

He kept himself quiet for some time, before replying confidently. "Yeah, I can tell that from the way you look like. I haven't seen you like that for a while and I will tell you straight that you don't look okay," his words were rough, but he was right. I wasn't in the best state in that moment. 

"I ed up," I confessed and looked at his eyes, which were still mad and focused on me. 

He nodded and crossed his hands. "You shouldn't have done that. I told you there are some things I can't share with you." 

"Yeah, but these things also cause problems to you and I don't want you to face all that on your own. Baekhyun, I really want to know what is the reason behind all your hallucinations and wounds on your hand." 

"My hands are okay, and I am not seeing things anymore." he told me. "You don't need to worry about it, because I can face it all." 

I threw my head back and passed through my hair. I actually knew a lot about it. Depression, anxiety, drugs, murder attempt, unstable mental health.... That all was he keeping hidden from me and I just wanted him to tell me. It wouldn't change a thing, but I couldn't just say I went all the way through files hidden in Jongdae's office to find all that. 

"You can trust me," I whispered and stepped closer to him.

He used his hand to keep the distance between us. "After everything that happened yesterday, I don't think so." 

"I did this yesterday, because I was fed up with you hiding everything from me. I also want some answers! I am still annoyed by it. You are doing it all the time!" 

"That is my business, not yours! Making me drunk to get your answer, is like giving me drugs to-" his voice cracked. "You were literally using me!" 

"I wasn't using you, I am worried." 

"You did it against my will!" he said and it was true. Baekhyun didn't want to tell me anything about this, and I just used alcohol to make him enough drunk and force him to speak. 

"I am sorry," I apologised for real at last. "I really am a jerk..." 

"You are and you are also bad at apologising!" 

"Okay, but can I at least do something to really apologise? I don't want you to be mad at me. I want you!" 

"You could think about it before you ed everything up."

"It is not just my fau—" 

"—Don't you dare to say it is also my fault!" Baekhyun interrupted me furiously. "You are doing really bad right now, with your apologising!" 

"Let me take you somewhere then," I suggested. "I had mentioned that before I told you about us going out with friends."

He just looked at me confused. "Like a—" 

"—A date..." I said. 

"Just you and me?" 

"I mean, dates are usually just for couples. So yeah me and you,unless you want to go on a double date and also invite your two annoying friends, but in that case I am not going." 

"No, I just want the two of us!" Baekhyun said. 

I smiled. "So you would go?" 

"Yeah, but that means no alcohol and no question I don't feel comfortable with it!" 

"What about wine in a restaurant? Or champagne?" 

"I will drink coke!" he insisted. "Also I want to go to the seaside. I haven't seen an ocean in years so I want to go there!" 

"Seaside?" I asked disappointed. 

"I said what I said." 

"That is boring. Baekhyun, we are in the middle of November and you want to go there? What will you see?" 

"Sea." 

"Dirty salty water." 

"Oh, come on why do you hate it so much?!" Baekhyun got mad. 

"Because it is almost winter, and I can't show off my body when it is cold," I said and smiled as he looked down to check me a bit. 

"Chanyeol, I will break up—" 

"—WE ARE GOING TO THE SEASIDE!!" I said immediately. 

"You fave up quickly," he said surprised. "Deal, but that doesn't mean I am not angry. I am very mad!" 

"You will have to keep that for the next week, because Saturday is the first day we both are actually free. Junmyeon will for sure make me work extra." 

"He better do!" Baekhyun agreed with me immediately. "You really deserve it!" 

I wanted to say that he was being mean, but I decided that it had been enough arguing so I just agreed with him and let him join his friends again. 

For the next few days he kept more distance from me than usually. I totally understood it, but after so long I started missing contact with him a lot. We were training together and I was actually glad that he was focused on it like I had asked him to be, but I still wanted to get some attention when we weren't training. 

On Saturday I waited for him next to my car. I had given him the time for getting ready and I also took a shower and changed my clothes in that time. 

"I was afraid you wouldn't come," I said as he came to me. I pulled him closer in a hug, but he pushed me away. "Still mad?" 

"I didn't let you do it for a week, I can keep it up a bit longer," he told me. 

"Baekhyun, this is supposed to be a date. Not me taking you to the seaside like an older brother!" 

He tensed up a bit as I mentioned that, but quickly turned back to his normal self. "Let's just go." 

He stepped into my car and I went around it to come to a driver's sit. I looked at him before I started driving.

"You can talk to me while I am driving," I told him as we were already far away from the campus. 

"What do you want me to say?" he asked. 

"How was your week? We didn't really speak for a while and it is killing me. Literally! Even when I ordered you to work. No complaining! I prefer when you literally annoy me over ignoring!" 

"Calm down, Chanyeol," Baekhyun said. "The fact that I wanted to be alone for some time, doesn't mean I don't want you."

I looked at him. "So you want me?" 

"I wouldn't be sitting here other way. Chanyeol, sometimes you can be stupid. How old are you? ALSO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!" 

I focused on the traffic again. "I won't kill us here," I sighed. "I am a safe driver. I have never been in an accident!" 

"I don't want to be involved in the first one." 

I pressed my lips together to calm down. I hadn't been in the best state for the last days. I was non stop afraid of making Baekhyun disappointed, I was fed up with my work and Junmyeon, so I needed something against my stress. I had been taking pills to calm down, but they had been non stop making me somehow feel sick. 

"You won't be, my Love," I said and looked at him to see his reaction, but he wasn't bothered by it which made me calm a little. "I missed you a lot." 

"I know," Baekhyun looked at me this time. "I can't really say the same, because I was seriously mad at you. However, I like it here now. I told my friends about this night."

I used one of my hands to pass through my hair, while using the other one to drive safely. "Of course you told them. I am not even surprised." 

"There is nothing bad about it. They are just my friends, I tell them everything. In details!" 

"Why can't you tell me everything in details?" I narrowed my eyes. 

Baekhyun groaned in reply. "Well I don't tell them a few things either. Are you satisfied now?!" 

"No," I pulled out of me. 

"I told you: No alcohol and no uncomfortable questions!" 

"What will you jump out of the car if I do it?" 

"That sounds like a good idea!" he threatened me, even though I knew it was a joke. 

"Anyway, Kyungsoo and Jongin decided to bet on our date. That is what I wanted to tell you." he smiled. 

"About what?" I looked at him curiously, but he just replied with an angry look, telling me to focus on the road. "Tell me!" 

"They bet for 60.000won (50$), and I can tell that they both already lost." 

"What is it about?" 

"You don't need to know. I will tell you later."

"That is unfair!" I protested. "Why did you tell me about it if you don't want to explain everything?" 

"It is not important and I wanted you to know that there is something." 

"Byun, this is seriously annoying," I rolled with my eyes. "You better stay quiet for the rest of the way!" 

"Yes, sir!" Baekhyun said jokingly. "I wanted to sleep anyway!" 

I didn't say anything, because he already leaned to the side of my car and closed his eyes. I was focused on a road and from time to time checked, if he was still sleeping. 

After an hour I stopped my car. I looked at Baekhyun and leaned closer to him, because he was still sleeping. "Good morning, Love," I said and kissed his cheek to wake him up. 

He opened his eyes and got shocked as he noticed how close to him I was.

"We are here," I said and moved away from him.

"Already?" 

I stepped out of the car. "Yeah." 

Baekhyun did the same and looked around confused. "I don't see the ocean," he said.

"That is true," I smiled. 

"Chanyeol, you really stuck at getting me to the right place! I thought we had a deal!" 

"Oceans are boring. I told you that. I will take you there in summer. I really didn't like that idea of yours, so I decided to bring you here," I said and locked my car, before stepping next to him. 

"What is this?" he asked and pointed at the building in front of us. 

"Can you read?" I asked. "It says right there. Read it out loud!" 

"Chanyeol, it says that this is a museum," He looked at me unimpressed with his mouth slightly opened. 

"Yeah!!" I said and walked further to the entrance right away. 

"A museum!" 

"Yeah, that is some kind of a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are exhibited and stored." I told him the definition of it. 

"Chanyeol, are you kidding me? You want to take me to museum? Let me say something, trainings are boring, classes are even more boring, I don't even want to mention how boring general Kim's speeches are, but museum is top all of this together!" 

"It is not just a museum. It is actually art museum, but there is an exhibition about something else here. I want you to see it," I said and started walking backwards towards the entrance. "Also there is a nice lake in the city, which looks much more interesting and romantic than seaside. We can go for a walk around it after this."

"I can't believe I am doing that," he cried out. 

"Come on follow me. It won't kill you!" 

He rolled with his eyes and ran to me. I put my hand over his shoulders and pulled him closer as he came right next to me. "I am already dying," he told me, but I completely ignored it. 

"Remember your words right now, because in just some minutes you will want to take them back." 

"Never!" he insisted. 

"I should probably record that, just in case you will try denying that later," I joked. 

We entered the museum and I paid for it. As soon as we entered there were different kinds of art works around. Everything was in different colours, making the place look artistic. 

There weren't many people around, and I liked that, because of a quiet atmosphere around. 

I suddenly felt how Baekhyun leaned to my shoulder with his head.

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Don't you see?" he asked. "I am sleeping. Your shoulders are big and wide that is why I like resting on them. And it if ing boring here." 

"Get off me," I pushed his head away. "Don't worry we won't be walking and watching this, however, it would be nice as well. You have to appreciate the art and the artist. Their inspiration, feelings that are hidden in the art. I for example could write a song for you and give all of me in it, my love all the feelings I feel when you are with me. I could do that iand it will be my art, you would be my inspiration. And that is what makes ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter