Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From that day on, I didn't go to the second floor again. Second week passed and I was slowly getting used on hard trainings and classes. We were already learning how to use weapons. I was actually pretty good at this, so a gun would probably be the only thing that could keep me alive in a fight.

My condition was slowly getting better, but I still couldn't be like others, especially not when we were learning about martial arts and fighting, which definitely wasn't for me. Major Huang, who was teaching us about this, was pretty good, but I just wasn't created for any kind of fighting. 

Major Park's bruise slowly started to fade away and soon there was just a weak red mark left on his face. I wanted to forget about everything that had happened, but it was hard, because I thought about it every time major looked at me, when we had trainings.

Another reason why I couldnt forget that day were my dreams, the same dream about me and my brother. Sometimes they were shorter and not so intense, but from time to time it got worse. All of the memories I wanted to delete. I wanted to forget everything and start again as a completely different person, which wasn't possible. 

Every day I woke up in screams, covered with sweat. It was taking me energy and I usually woke up tired, so I had to learn how to hide this from others, especially major Park, who would have been the first one to use my exhaustion against me. The only one who knew about this was Kyungsoo. He didn't ask much about it, since he knew I didn't want to talk about things that were bothering me. He just helped me to calm down every time I couldn't sleep, but his effort didn't help me for long and the dreams came back.

I was eating breakfast with other freshman students. It was Saturday and I couldn't wait for Sunday, when I could finally get some rest. Others were talking about things they had done in high school before coming here and random topics.

I was just ignoring them and minding my own business until Kyungsoo spoke with me: "Baekhyun, do you know you are talking in sleep?" He asked.

"What?" I asked and looked to him surprised. 

"You are sleep-talking all the time," He said again. "You should hear yourself!"

"Why is it important?" 

Kyungsoo hit his forehead disappointed in me. "It is not important, we were talking about this for a while now. Learn how to take part in a conversation!" 

I looked to my friend with eyes widely opened. "Well... I can't hear myself while I am sleeping anyway..." I replied. "You try to hear how you snore at night and then start telling others to shut up at night!"

"Ahahaha, now you can't deny that you also can't stay quiet at night!" Minseok laughed, but I didn't really get why it was funny. 

"I didn't tell you to shut up," Kyungsoo ignored Minseok and kept talking to me. "It is just interesting that you are very quiet through the day and you annoy me at the night."

"Ignore it, they are just dreams,"

"Dreams that make you scre..." I gave Kyungsoo a look, which stopped him from talking. Others behind the table looked at me curiously, which was the exact reaction I didn't want to see. 

"Baek, you are having nightmares?" Minseok asked. 

"Not really," I answered.

"Tell us!" he insisted. "Was it bad?"

I looked at him a little annoyed. "All nightmares are usually bad... That is why we call them like that,"

"But seriously, Baekhyun," Kyungsoo raised his voice again. "It can't be that bad. You never tell me about them, but I bet you also have nightmares about major Park pushing you from the cliff and then ordering you to make thousand push-ups, after you break every bone in your body after falling."

"I am not afraid of major Park or push-ups..." I said quietly. "And no I've never had dreams like that. This is just silly!"

"Anyway, I would have them if I were on your place.... I don't know how you survive everyday trainings with Park. His trainings are hella hard!" Minseok was in the same unit as Kyungsoo and they mostly had trainings with other major Zhang, who was much more understanding compared to major Park. 

"You would get used on it," I ate the last piece of bread, which we got for breakfast and then leaned back.

"That is probably true, but it still doesn't change the fact that major Park looks scary from time to time," Kyungsoo said. "Just look at him!"

He looked behind his back to the other side of the hall where professors, trainers and generals had their tables. I carefully followed his look and soon found major Park sitting behind one of the tables with others. He was serious like always, he was just quietly eating his breakfast without talking to others there. 

"He actually looks bored," Minseok whispered. "Maybe that is why he annoys students so much. Probably even other professors and trainers don't like him."

"I am not sure about that," I said.

"Well, He is still scary," Kyungsoo insisted. 

"Like you aren't," I said. 

"I wouldn't torture young students, especially not fresmans, like that! Even if I hated every single one of them!" He looked at me with his big dark look. 

I looked away from him and kept my eyes on major, while the other two were talking with each other. Some other boys also involved themselves in the conversation, but I was ignoring all of them. 

"Baekhyun?.... Baekhyun! BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Kyungsoo called my name and I looked at my friend a bit confused. My blood suddenly froze because of the look in his eyes. 

"What?" I asked and looked around to find out what had happened.

"I was asking you something and you just ignored," he said.

"Did you?"

"Yeah, do you know where you have training or do I have to go to look with you, ?!"

I thought about it a little and tried to get all other thoughts out of my mind. "I.... I don't know," I answered and my friend stared at him for a moment.

"Did you ignore me before, because you were looking at Park?" he narrowed his eyes. 

"I...I..." I was trying to find an excuse.

"Ah, just shut up! I know that Park is scary and y. I mean... If a few things were different, like his annoying personality, I would totally go for.... KIM JONGIN!!"

"Kim Jongin?" I asked. "What? You would go for Jongin?"

"Well yeah, but no!" Kyungsoo said. "Kim Jongin is coming here! Everyone, shut up!"

I saw how he looked away from the member from my unit. He was really approaching us and it looked like he had something to tell.

"Baekhyun, Jinki and Kibum !" He called when he came enough close. "We will have training outside of the campus with general Oh. We will have some kind of 'a battle' and yeah... I want us to win!"

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"General just came to me a minute ago and told me to to tell others. I hope I can count on you as someone who will do well Baek..."

"I am not sure, but I will try to do my best," 

"GREAT," Jongin smiled and turned around to the other table where Minho was sitting with his friends. "I will be the one making decisions for our unit today, not you, Choi!"

Minho looked at him with a bit mad look. "You won't decide what I can or can't do!" he replied. 

"Oh, yeah I will!" Jongin said and then looked at me. "Baekhyun, you are on my side aren't you?" 

"I.... I..." I didn't know what to say, since I didn't really know how serious the drama between Minho and Jongin was. 

"Chose wisely on whose side you are!" He warned me. "Anyway, I will go and tell others and hey...!" he looked at Minseok and Kyungsoo. "You two are from the unit A3?"

"We... we are..." Kyungsoo tried to speak but then Minseok interrupted him. "Yes, we are. Kyungsoo here probably forgot how to speak." 

Jongin raised his eyebrows and continued. "I think you will have training with us as much as I remember," he smiled and showed his white teeth.

"Oh great!" Kyungsoo said excited, but Jongin just put a finger on his lips to silence him. 

"If we will be in separate groups.... I will end you all!" He jumped a little and giggled cutely after that sentence, like he hadn't just threatened him a second ago.

Kyungsoo was just staring at Jongin, so I decided to do something about that. "Okay, Jongin! See you later!"

"Okie," he giggled again and left. Everyone was quiet for some time until, Kyungsoo decided to speak when Jongin was already far away. 

"Damn, this guy looks hot as hell, even when he is cute as hell," he said and looked at me.

I passed through my hair and looked at my roommate. "Seriously Kyungsoo?" I asked. "You are falling for Jongin?"

"Well who isn't?" he looked at everyone, but we all just stared at him back like he came from another planet. "Ah come on. Look at him... He is hot, tall, strong, he looks like angels made everything on him by themselves... Like how did God even allow a perfect human being like that to stand on the Earth? And he has a nice personality which gives him many extra points."

"Personality?" Minseok asked. "He wants to end you on today's match!" 

"Well for difference from that major Park, who is just a strict, annoying trainer, who doesn't know how to smile..." he explained.

"But seriously, has anyone seen him smile?" Jinki asked. "When we have trainings, he never shows any feelings... Did you also notice it, Baekhyun?"

"I've seen him smile," I replied. 

"Immpossible...!" Kyungsoo said. "Did it last for five seconds or more?"

I thought about the moments I saw major Park smile, but couldn't find any where the smile would last longer than a few seconds. "Not really...." I confessed. "Anyway it doesn't matter."

"Yeah, lets just go to that damn training, so I will be able to see Jongin again."

"Oh come on, Kyungsoo! Can you stop talking about him? It is making me uncomfortable..."

"Whatever you want," he smiled with his heart shapped lips and walked away. "I still think he is y!" 

 

 

Jongin was right about the training with the general. Four of the units were gathered together, everyone was a freshman and I could guess that we would be separated in two groups.

"Welcome, everyone!" general Oh called and every unit stepped together in front of him. "I guess you already know me... " he continued.  "Let me introduce myself to the ones, who has spent those two weeks under a rock! I am general Oh Sehun and I am your trainer just for today! " he checked every group with his look and then carried on with his speech.

I hadn't really heard much about general Oh until now. I just knew he was something like general Kim's assistant when it came to leading this campus. I probably just wasn't enough focused to hear more about him, or maybe I was just one of those students who had been living under a rock until now. 

"As you probably already know, you will have today's training here!" he continued the speach. 

I looked around just like all others. We were outside of the campus in a small village, which probably didn't have more than ten or fifteen houses. It was obviously that people used to live there, but now it looked more or less abandoned and empty, probably because it was now part of the university and intented for trainings like that.

"You will be separated in two groups. Unit A1 and A3 against A2 and A4!" He said. 

I caught Kyungsoo's look. We were in separated groups. I smiled to him, but got ignored, because Kyungsoo looked at the front of my unit, where Jongin was standing.

I rolled my eyes and focused on other things, more important at that moment. I couldn't believe Kyungsoo would fall for someone like Jongin, just because he was hella y. I would get it if he actually knew Jongin, since he was a good guy, but it still felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter