Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I never liked big cities and crouded places, but it was refreshing, to be in one at that moment. The sky was already dark. I tried to see the stars like I could from the campus, but city lights were too bright to make that possible. However, I loved the view of buildings brightened up with the lights.

I almost had a feeling like I wasn't going to the military University, with hard trainings and classes, which were making me more and more exhausted every day.

"Do you even know where we are going?" I asked after some time of walking.

I had only been in that city once, when I had come there with a train on the first day at the campus. Even then I had had no idea where to go, even though the city wasn't really big. It was even harder to find a way at the night, so I was hoping, that Kyungsoo knew the way and could bring us to the right place without getting completely lost.

"Of course I know where I am going!" he whined and looked at me like I was a joke to him.

"I am just making sure..." I replied and avoided his look.

"Make sure to remember the way for next time!" he said and I looked at him surprised.

I had lost the track long ago and there was no way I could remember where we were walking all that time. "Why are you telling me that? You know the way, so I just have to follow."

"You will probably have to go back to our drooms by yourself, because I will be with Jongin."

"You won't," I said seriously. "I won't let you, and Jongin wouldn't want it for sure. I know him better than you do!"

"Yeah, but you don't appreciate him,"

"Just shut up, okay! It annoys me more than anything!" 

"More than Park?"

"I was enough clear! MORE. THAN. ANYTHING!" I repeated my statement. Major Park really couldn't let me have normal and easy life at the campus, but that was probably just because he had to do his job.... Bullying every single student was probably one of his weird ways to train.... Kyungsoo wanting to make out with Jongin, drunk, after the party, was completely different story.

I didn't want my friend to get into trouble and regret everything after it would've already been too late. And I also appreciated Jongin a lot, since he was always there to defend me, whenever I needed help. 

"Okay, yeah.... it is quite clear..." Kyungsoo ageed a little disappointed.

I just ignored him after that. I was afraid of parties with lots of people around, but my friend's safety was more important at that moment. 

"We are almost there," Kyungsoo broke the silence after some time.

I looked around to find any place, which would look like there could be a party, but I didn't really know what to search for. "Really?" I asked. "Where-" I suddenly got hit by Kyungsoo very hard.

"Dude, you look like a lost baby," he said and hit me again, while looking at me completely serious with his big dark eyes. "Wait five minutes and we will be there." 

I didn't say anything and instead just gave him an angry look before walking on. 

Kyungsoo was right. It didn't last more than 5 minutes, until we arrived to a building, where the party was. Around the door were bright, purple lights, marking the place of the party.

I followed my friend inside. There was a big hall full of people of different ages. Men and women. Most were really boys from the campus, which made me feel a bit better. Loud music was playing and colorful lights were swinging around the place, making everything brighter. I was looking around to see every small detail of the place. There were also a lot of bigger balconies around the dancing hall. Chairs were placed around the tables where many different people were talking and playing games while drinking. I also found a place where I could get a drink (Probably cola in the best case) and DJ table. 

I just couldn't get enough of that moment. I wasn't really a person who would like that kind of places, so loud music and so many people around me, but it reallly looked cool and I was glad, that I had decided to come there.

I tried to forget everything that had happened to me at places like that in past and just decided to enjoy the moment as long as it lasted. 

"What are we doing now?" I asked and ran closer to my best friend. 

Kyungsoo found a path through the crowd. "We are looking for others," he called enough loud so I could hear him well.

"How are you planning to find them in place like that?" 

"I've already found them!" 

"What?" I looked around to find where Kyungsoo spotted our friends from the campus. I narrowed my eyes to block the lights and see faces of people better, but everything was invain. There was anybody who I knew well. 

"Just follow me and don't get lost!" Kyungsoo rolled with his eyes. 

It didn't take long until I finally found others. They all were on one of the balconies laughing and talking with each other while drinking. There were boys from my Kyungsoo's and also other units. 

"How the hell did you find them so fast?" I asked, but got ignored, since he was just focused on coming to others.

Everyone behind the table were wearing drak and stylish clothes, so I felt embarrassed of how I had wanted to come here in my training clothes. But at the same time I felt like Kyungsoo made me look like somebody who goes to a club and gets drunk everyday. I could be more 'normal', but still cool...?

"Kyungsoo, Baekhyun! Come and play with us! It's do or drink!" screamed Minseok and took a slip from his glass before lifting it high in the air.

I knew the game. It was like truth or dare, but if you didn't do the dare, you had to drink. Interesting was on the end when everyone became drunk and they actually decided to do the dare, even if it was embarrassing. The dares could get very extra, since a drunk person could make out anything in the mind and another drunk person could change that ideas into reality. 

"I'm with you all!" Kyungsoo said and sat behind the table with others. "Where is Jongin?"

"I haven't seen him for a while," Minho said with a smile on his face. "He is probably crying...."

"I am here, Choi! And I am NOT crying!" Jongin's voice appeared from the back and Kyungsoo looked to him immediately. I could see that the look on Minho's face got disappointed and annoyed as soon as Jongin came. 

"I have just ended packing my stuff to move in my new room!" Jongin said with excitement. "Ask me why Choi!"

"Why?" Minho sighed and passed through his brown hair.

Jongin suddenly giggled and explained: "Because now I AM THE CAPTAIN OF A2!!" he shauted the last part of his sentence and took a glass of an alcohol from the table to drink it right away. "I told you that you will never get that spot, Choi!" he pointed at the other one and sat behind the table with others.

Minho was just looking at Jongin a little disappointed. I expected a little different reaction, since he wasn't in really good relationship with Jongin, but he was probably already too drunk, to exactly get what was happening.

I knew that him and Jongin were competing against each other to get that spot. They both were the best soldiers in our unit. It was obvious from the beginning, that one of them would become the captain, but the only question was 'WHO?' Until now.

I was happy that Jongin won, since I felt more comfortable around him than Minho. 

I walked to him and smiled widely. "I hope I will be a little privileged, since I've been always on your side," I laughed and looked to Minho after that.

"How dare you, Baek!" Minho shauted, but that just made me smile even more.

Jongin turned around to me. "You can come play cards in my room from time to time... That is the only privilege you get!"

"Good enough and by the way... Congrats, you deserve it!" I gave him a back hug and walked away. 

I looked at Kyungsoo and saw that he was staring at me completely speechless. "Did he invite you in his.... room?" He whispered. 

"Yes, to play cards," I said and passed throught my hair. I could sense his jealousy, even though he pretended not to be bothered by the fact that I got along with Jongin better than him. 

"What are we doing here?" Jongin asked.

"We are playing, do or drink!" Minseok said confidently. 

"Oh, great." Jongin said. "Baekhyun come here, let's continue!"

"No, I am not playing!" I said and stepped a little further away from the table. "This is not for..."

"Common, Baek! Don't be a kid and play. You won't regret it!" said Minseok and tried to make me play the game.

I didn't want to just give up. "Nah I'm not playing it. I gotta take care of Kyungsoo!" I said under Minseok's presure. However the other one didn't look really in a mood for arguing. He gave me a short smile and then concentrated on the game with others.

Kyungsoo obviously really wanted to get drunk and took a long sip from his already full glass. First few challanges were easy like "Go and flirt with that girl there and pretend that the wall is your best friend," but soon different dares came and everyone started to drink more. Only a few actually did a dare, because they were already a little drunk and they didn't care.

I was just laughing while others were having fun and I actually enjoyed that.

"FRESHMANS!" A loud and strict voice surprised me. My heart suddenly stopped when I found out it was general Oh. "How dare you come here! Your behaviour is horrible! Punishment for you all! 10 sets of running around the campus!!!!" 

Everyone started to complain.

"Shut up you all! You will get  5 sets more," said ganeral and after that sat down the table and took a glass of alcohol. "It's very rude from you to not call me earlier! Where are the dares huh?" he said and waited for everyone to dare him.

Everyone just stared at him shocked including me, since I at least expected generals to be a little more mature. Kyungsoo had told him that professors and higher ranks sometimes came here as well, but I still didn't expect seeing general Oh wanting to play do or drink with first year students.

"Common guys let's get a dare for general!" said Minseok excited to challange him.

"Yah, 5 more sets for you.... What is your name again?!"

"Kim Minseok, sir!" he replied and general looked at him confused.

"Well, Kim... " he  said. "... Another five for you, because I am Sehun here! Don't call me general when I'm drunk. It's weird and I don't feel like a general right now."

"I'm not surprised at all," I sighed to myself and looked away from the group playing a game with general.... Well with Sehun, who just didn't feel like a general at that moment.

While all of the others were playing, I decided to take a look around and also get a Coca Cola for myself.

A young waitress tried to convince me into drinking alcohol there, but I luckily knew where my head was and insisted with Coca Cola. I didn't want to get drunk and I was afraid of what could people around me put in my drink if I wasn't focused, so I kept my glass on eye all the time. It was a party where I was supposed to have a fun, but instead of that I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter